Awkward Meeting (Part I)

Hyung vs. Maknae

-Soonyi's POV- 

 

When I woke up from my nap hours later, it was already 2:30PM. Oh no.. I’m going to be late, I thought. I jumped out of bed and headed to the restroom to take a quick shower before.

 

“aish, I’m going to be late.” I was inside my closet looking for a dress that would actually look good on me. But I couldn’t find any of the dresses my mother gave me, until I remembered I put them all in a box. “Aha! Found it!”

 

I look through the box full of dresses. As I go deeper inside it, each dress is all different in color, design ,and style. It’s amazing at what extent my mother will go through just to get me to wear I dress. My whole life time, I only wore a dress about 3 times. That’s excluding when I was a child and my mother dressed me up.

 

“aish, why are all these dresses so.. bleh!” I exclaimed seeing all the shades of light pinks and purples. The suddenly I stop upon seeing one dress. The only black dress with  in the entire box and as I lift it up, everything of that memory came back. The night of my 19th birthday came rushing through my head. I threw the dress across the room. I don’t know why, I just didn’t want that memory in my head right now. It hurt too much.

 

Once I calmed down, I looked into the box again and saw one last dress. It was a pretty blue dress with an wide white flower bow around the part of where my rib cage would be. Also the straps of the dress are suppose to be connect around my neck. The thought of it being very familiar, came to mind but I couldn’t remember who was the one who gave it to me. It wasn’t my mother, because the dresses my mother gave me the designs were over the top and girly. However this dress was fine, is was simple. I liked it.

I was already late and it was the last dress of the whole box so I wore it. I also wore black ballet shoes, instead of boots. As for my accessories, I wore the ring that Hongki gave me when we were still dating. I know I shouldn’t, but it feels weird when I don’t wear it. Along with the ring, I took a simple necklace with a star pendant. Lastly I dried and brushed my hair, then looked myself in the mirror.

 

“wow…who am i?”I asked, as I looked at myself from head to toe. I looked like a whole different person, but somehow I liked it. I felt good in some way. Then as I glaced up at the clock., it was 2:50PM now.  “oh shoot, I'm going to be late for sure now. aish”

 

I ran out of the house as i could, being careful not to forget anything. Through all the traffic, streets, and falls, I finally made it to the Misari Café. I brushed off any dirt that was on my dress and fix my hair a little as I waited for my mother to arrive. She was suppose to show me who was going to be my fiance and also my future in-laws. As I waited, I couldn’t see her anywhere in sight. Then my phone rang. It was a text message from my mother.

 

Dear, go on without me. Your father had a very little , but he’s find now. I’m sorry dear. Good luck, and I love you. –Omma

 

“ahhh…” I sigh in relieve. After receiving my mother’s text, it made realize why I’m doing this in the first place. I then decided to head inside.

 

“ahh, excuse me. I'm kind of meeting someone do you…” I asked the head manager in the front.

 

“Kim Soonyi-ssi?” I nodded. “right this way.”

 

As I followed her, I tried to look ahead of spotting him but failed since I have not a clue what he even looks like. When gave up, I saw where the lady was taking me. She then stops and gestures toward the table with what I assume to be a husband and wife in their forties. But they sure did have good looks, especially the ahjumma. I was about to tell the lady that it was a mistake, but before I could the husband and wife seem to recognize me.

 

“Ahh~, so you must me Soonyi-ssi.. right?” the ahjumma came up to me. “you’re even more pretty in person, aigoo~. Right, yeobo~?”

 

“ahh, yes. Very pretty.” The ahjussi nodded in agreement. “its very nice to you, Soonyi-ssi. You mother tells us a lot good thing about you”

 

“ahh, thank you.. uhm” I bowed down to them but I was still flustered with the whole situation. They seem to notice my discomfort.

 

“ahh, right right.. we haven’t properly introduce ourselves.” The ahjumma realized. “We’re Mr. and Mrs. Choi. Sorry for not introducing ourselves early. You must be frighten by two random strangers going up to you like that?”

 

“no no, not at all. I should be the one apologizing. I didn’t even introduce myself.”

 

“ahh, that’s okay~. we already know who you are by what your mother tells us dear” Mrs. Choi explained. “speaking of your mother, where is she?”

 

“oh about that.. I’m sorry Ms. Choi, but she couldn’t make it because she had to take care of my father.  I'm Sorry. He’s kind of sick right now” I bowed down to them.

 

“ahh, is that so? It’s okay. I guess we’ll discuss the wedding plans later than.” Ms. Choi seemed to be a little disappointed. But she was good in recovering from it. “well, come on. Let’s all sit. I’m sure you’re tired from your trip coming here.”

 

Ahh, well.. not really but..” We sat around the table. Mr. and Mrs. Choi siting on the opposite side of me facing the entrance.

 

“ayy, don’t be shy. Its okay. so.. what do you do for a living?” She came right out with it. Wow, she’s fast to the point. I didn’t know what to say really. I can’t tell them I don’t have a job, what kind of future daughter doesn’t have a job yet. But, I am still young. They probably would understand.

 

“Actually, I don’t--” Before I couldn’t even finish, someone suddenly rush toward us.

 

“ahh, I’m sorry I’m late omma. Appa.” It was a boy. I couldn’t see his face since he was facing Ms. Choi. But as I look at him, he seemed to be around the same age as me. He had nice silky straight black hair, he’s legs were skinny but his upper body was built. He had almost a rock-ish feel to him too. The it got me thinking, I might actually like this boy.. or man.. whatever.

 

“no, its okay sweetie. You’re not late. We just started to talk.” Ms. Choi explained to her son. Or in other words, my future husband. Bleh, I still can’t get use to that word. “Come on, sit sit~.. oh wait I almost forgot. Let me introduce you to my son, Choi…”

 

My heart was racing so hard. I don’t even know why this feeling of nervousness came back. As Ms. Choi finally introduces me to my future husband, he turned around to face me this time…My heart stopped again. My eyes widen and I couldn’t even believe who was in front of me right now at this moment. I begin to stutter as I say his name out loud. “J-Jonghun..?!”

 

 

 

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
and so her future husband is finally revealed. who would've known?.... oh right me. lol
i wonder how Jonghun feels about this... haha, we'll see soon xD 
 

@primadonna888: aww~, you really think my fic is awesome?  thank you~ i really appreciate it ^^