Figuring things out

Hyung vs. Maknae

 

Hongki was in the room just staring up at his ceiling, with his both hands behind his head. He had stayed up all night thinking about what had happened yesterday.

 

Aish, I dont get it?!... what did she even mean about the only thing I have of him’ and that shes hurting becauseof me? Seeing me everyday?.. I dont even remember how we broke up in the first place. when I came back from our tour in Japan, I tried so many times to contact her, but still it was either she was not home, was too busy to pick up my calls or even see me for that matter. I dont know what went wrong!! AishI still lover her though. I gave her hints. The way I call her name, how I act when Im with her.. but she still doesnt realized it?.. and the song! She played our song to Minhwan?! Why?!.... *SIGH* Wonbin was right, I shouldnt have did this to her.. whatever I didaish!

 

“Hongki-hyung, its time to wake up now. Breakfast is—”Jaejin walked into Hongki’s room, but stop upon getting hit by a pillow Hongki threw out of frustration. “ready…”

 

“oh…Jaejin. Sorry, I didn’t mean to hit you..” Hongki sat up to face Jaejin. He’s eyes had dark circles under them, which obliviously showed that he didn’t sleep at all. Jaejin noticed it.

 

“Hyung~…did you even sleep last night?”Jaejin asked as he gave back Hongki’s pillow.

 

“huh? Yeah, well.. kind of. I guess…”Hongki grimly said, still tired.

 

“Oh.. okay. Breakfast is ready downstairs, just so you know”

 

“mhmm, thanks Jaejin-ah”Hongki then walked passed Jaejin heading straight to the restroom. Leaving Jaejin inside his room by himself.

 

“Hongki, I know you’re lying. Since when do you ever thank me for waking you up?”Jaejin started to head out of Hongki’s bedroom door, slowly closing it . “What’s really going on, hyung?...”

 

-----

 

Breakfast was quiet. No one spoke because it seemed like everyone had something on their minds. Hongki was of course still thinking about everything that he had encountered last night, Soonyi had her mind on what Wonbin and her talk about, Jaejin was wondering why Hongki was acting weird, Wonbin was thinking of when he’s going to tell Soonyi he’s leaving today, and then there’s Minhwan thinking of how to help Soonyi with her song. As for Seunghyun and Jonghun, they were clueless of what was happening, but they seem to have something on their minds as well.

 

“Noona”“Soonyi-ah”Both Minhwan and Wonbin spoke as everyone was going their own ways after breakfast.

 

“oh?”Soonyi turned to both of them. Wonbin and Minhwan both looked at each other, both insisting for the other to go first but eventually Wonbin gave in and was the first to talk.

 

“Soonyi-ah, are you doing anything important today?”Wonbin asked.

 

“hmmm~.. nope~ why?”Soonyi shook her head.

 

“let’s go out. We can go to the park, or the movies.. whatever you want.”

 

“REALLY?! Okay~! hold on oppa, let me get changed first!”Soonyi jumped from excitement. She was about to turn around but then she remember Minhwan was there. “oh, Minhwannie~ you had something you wanted to say too?”

 

“huh? oh, no never mind.. its not that important..”Minhwan refrained from asking Soonyi if she wanted to work on the song together. After hearing whatWonbin said and seeing how excited Soonyi was. He thought he shouldn’t ruin their day together.

 

“are you sure?”Soonyi asked, seeing Minhwan sad expression.

 

“mhmm..”Minhwan simply nodded.  

 

“oh, okay..”Soonyi then slowly turned around to go upstair and change. Leaving the two boys alone. Minhwan was about to leave when Wonbin called him.

 

“Minhwan-ssi”

 

“yes, Wonbin-hyung?”Minhwan turned back around to face his hyung. "and you can just call me Minhwan. no need for the formality"

 

“oh okay, Minhwan. If you don’t mind me asking.. what really did you want to ask Soonyi?”Wonbin asked.

 

“nothing hyung.. its nothing.”

 

“with that expression on your face, it doesn’t seem like nothing…” Wonbin raised his brow.

 

“ahh..” Minhwan hesitated, but decided to say it anyway. “i wanted to ask her if she wanted to work on her song with me…”

 

“song? My Soonyi wrote a song? When?” Wonbin was surprise in hearing this, which shocked Minhwan because he though Soonyi would tell him everything.

 

“she never told you?” Wonbin shook his head. “Oh, really? Well, she didn’t  tell me much. All I know is that she started writing it high school and that she had a little help making it too.”

 

“and who’s that?”

 

“I didn’t get the chance to hear it…Hongki-hyung was at the door when she was about to say it.” Minhwan just stood there waiting for Wonbin to reply, but Wonbin was too busy trying to putt the pieces together.

 

Aigoo.. this kid. He doesnt even see it. Or maybe he does, Im not sure yet. What is his relationship he has with Soonyi-ah anyways? I do know that he likes her and that Hongki is still in love with her and from what he just say, Hongki is the other person who helped her. Why didnt she tell me about her song she was writing? Ahh, I need to know more. I need to figure this out before I leave tonight. I need Soonyi to tell me everything. I want to help her because I want know that she'll be happy when i'm not here. Okay, I will tell her that Im leaving after I get all the answers

 

“Oppa~ I’m ready, lets go now!” Soonyi suddenly came rushing down the stairs. 

 

“oh, okay.. lets go” Wonbin went back into reality. “and thanks Minhwan. Bye now”

 

"Bye Minhwannie~, we'll be back for dinner.. maybe" Soonyi linked her arm with Wonbin as they walked out the door, leaving. 

 

“Bye Noona~ Bye hyung~ and you’re welcome, no problem…” Minhwan turned around. “wait.. what did I do exactly?”