Nervous

Hyung vs. Maknae

-Soonyi’s POV-

 

After Wonbin left, everything pretty much went back to normal. Kind of. Even though I haven’t really talk to Hongki lately. I noticed he seems to be staying in his room more often. I hear a guitar playing every time I past by, so I was guessing he was working on a song. Weird really, because I never seem him so determined to do something in such a long time. It makes me wonder what Wonbin and him were talking about before I came in. Anyway, Jonghun. Well…he seems to be going out of the house more. He says his been going to FNC to practice more, but really no one seen him there.

As for me. I’ve been hanging out with Minhwan, Jaejin, and Seunghyun more lately. We been going to arcades, amusement parks, or even just staying home and playing video games. Which I may add, beating their butts at every single one. HAHA. But now its been a week, and the only thing I’ve been worrying about was the call from my mother. She text me last night that she'd be telling me the time and place I’ll be meeting him today. This arrange marriage, I'm still very wary about it but since it for my parents I’ll go my best. I wonder though, how the person my parent chose will be like. Have I met him before? Or was it a total stranger? I just hope he’s at least good looking. Kidding. I'm not that kind of person. But he doesn't hurt if he was. 

 

*RING RING RING*

 

“AH!” I screamed in fright. My phone started to ring. It was just Jaejin. “h-hello?”

 

“Soonyi-ah~” Jaejin started. “are you okay? you sound startled?”

 

“yeah, kind of.... I was waiting for my mom to call that’s why.”


“ahh, yeah.  It's about that blind date right?” Jaejin asked. Well, of course I would tell him about it. He is still my best friend. I just didn’t tell him everything, for example the arrange marriage that’s leading up from this blind date. I can’t tell him, because I know he’ll tell everyone. Especially Minhwannie and I can’t do that to him. So I kept that to myself. “Then I guess I’ll just call you later then Soonyi-ah? Bye~”

 

“yeah, that’s probably a good idea. Haha. Okay then, Bye Jaejin-ah~” Once I ended my call Jaejin, my phone rang. I thought it was Jaejin again. “Jaejin-ah, call me later I--”

 

“Dear? its omma.” My heart stopped for a second. “I’m sorry, were you expecting someone else dear?”

 

“a-ah, No Omma. ” I shook my head left and right, even though we were on the phone. “I was actually waiting for yours.”

 

“Is that so? Ahh, good then.” Mom went on. “so how was you’re day so far?”

 

“omma. I know, you want to make small talk and I love that about you omma but…can we get to the point of why you called?” I love my mom really, but this was so nerve racking. “sorry omma…”

 

“no no, its okay dear.”

 

“sooo Omma?”

 

“ahh, right right.. be at Misari café, say by around 3-ish.”

 

“Misari café? But that place is so expensive? I don’t even know if I’ll fit in that place.” I was getting worried.

 

“don’t worry, you’ll be fine. He'll help you if you start to feel uncomfortable. ” My mother advised. “oh, and wear a nice dress too.”

 

“aish, omma. I don’t want to~~” I whined like a little child. I had a purpose though. I’m not the type of a girl who likes wearing dresses all the time. Not even skirts. I like just a simple shirt, jeans or shorts, and sneakers.  


“ahh, and don’t forget high heels as well.” She suddenly suggested. My eyes widen.

 

“OMMAAAAA!”

 

“okay okay. no high heels, just the dress and sandals?”

 

“Fine. I'll wear a dress, but I get to wear my sneakers” I bargained.

 

“the dress. Boots, and two accessories. ”

 

“do I get to pick them?”

 

“yes.” She made her final offer. I hesitated at first, but then I thought that boots wouldn’t look half bad with one of the dresses my mother gives me every new year to wear. But of course, I don’t.

 

“hmmm…okay.” I suddenly heard my mother cheer a quiet 'yay' through the phone. “okay then, I better rest a little before I get ready. So bye now, omma”

 

“Oh, yeah. That’s a good idea. Bye dear. and good luck. Hwaiting~”

 

“Hwaiting~” I cheered back and then ended the call.

 

And so it begins. Aish, why do I feel so nervous?... I just hope I don’t make a fool of myself.