One last time

Hyung vs. Maknae

 

 

Wonbin and Soonyi decided to go out for some ice cream. They went to the ice cream shop they haven’t been inside since they were children. Soonyi was waiting patiently for Wonbin at a small round table near the glass windows, the place where they would always sit before. After a few minutes, Wonbin finally came with the ice cream and once he handed Soonyi hers, she ate it just like he remembers; messy.

 

“aigoo~ my Soonyi still eats her ice cream the same, I see~” Wonbin chuckles, grabs a tissue and starts wiping Soonyi’s face. Soonyi didn’t like it so she pushes his hand away and took the tissue.

 

“Ya! Oppa, I’m not a kid anymore! I can do it myself!” Soonyi complains as she wipes .

 

“then stop eating like one~” Wonbin mockingly said. “you’re acting like one too..”

 

“aish~ oppa!”

 

“okay okay~ I’ll stop.” Wonbin said and then they both ate their ice cream quietly. There really wasn’t much to say after, because the only thing that was on Wonbin’s mind was the questions he needed answered.

 

 After they were both done, they left the shop and decided to walk along the streets. It was still pretty quiet between the two, until Wonbin broke the silence.

 

“So Soonyi-ah, I heard you were writing a song?” Wonbin begins. “...Soonyi-ah~?”

 

Wonbin stopped at his tracks upon not seeing Soonyi beside him anymore. She had stopped herself a few feet behind him. Wonbin walks toward her. “How did you find out?”

 

"never mind how I found out, its more like, how come you never told me?” Wonbin changed the question.

 

“It was a long time ago. After you left for Japan. I was having a hard time when you left, but then I found…” Soonyi paused as cringed at the thought then continued. “love. Well, I guess it was love.. when ‘we’ wrote it. I’m pretty sure you know how help me with it right, oppa?”

 

Wonbin nodded. “yes… Hongki-ssi..”

 

“yup. Our so--I mean, the song is called “Perhaps Love”. I’m not done writing it though…” Soonyi explains.

 

“but you are working on it again right? With Minhwan?”

 

“well, I guess.. I mean—Wait a minute! How did you know that Minhwan…d-did Minhwan tell you about my song?!” Soonyi exclaims. “I swear oppa, if you lie to me..”

 

“okay he did tell me, but only because I asked me. So don’t go assuming things already and start blaming him. Okay?” Wonbin confessed. “now, why didn’t you tell me about Soonyi?”

 

“We.. I.. I don’t... i don't know okay. I was going to tell you but before I could, things started to change. ”

 

“Change? Changed how?”

 

“He went away…” Soonyi grimly said, hurt evident on her face. Wonbin just gave Soonyi an “oh” and encouraged her to walk again. And so they did. It was quiet again for a couple of blocks then Wonbin spoke.

 

“Soonyi I know this may be very late in timing but…I’m going back to Japan tonight.” Wonbin finally said. Even if he didn’t get all the answers he needed, it was enough to know what she was going through. Soonyi was shocked at first but then as it started to sink in, her shocked face turned into a sad but understanding one.

 

“at what time?”

 

“huh? you’re not mad?” Wonbin asked.


“Well, I expected it.. I mean, you have to leave sooner or later oppa. You have your own life to live. You can’t be there for me forever. I’m already 21, I can take care of myself.”

 

 “wahh~, so I guess my Soonyi-ah is really all grown up now huh” Wonbin was amazed by her very mature response. He was proud of her of course but somewhat sad, thinking that she wouldn’t need him anymore.

 

“oppa? Are you okay?”

 

“o-oh, yeah. Just thinking... Ahhh~” Wonbin put both of his hands on Soonyi shoulders and looked straight into her eyes. “Soonyi-ah, listen to what i have to say to you now okay? are you listening?”

 

Soonyi nodded, looking into his eyes as well.

 

“After I leave tonight. I have one last advice for you.” Wonbin paused for a second. “Follow your heart.”

 

“Oppa how…” Soonyi began but Wonbin interrupted her. “i know everything Soonyi-ah. You don’t have to lie to me.” Soonyi nodded again.

 

“In fact, I won’t lie to you and say that they don’t have feelings for you. Minhwan and… Hongki as well. Whoever you choose, make sure its from here.. not from up here.” Wonbin pointed first at Soonyi’s heart and then poked her forehead. “because we both know that mind of yours can put you in so much trouble. Haha~”

 

“yaa~!” Soonyi whined as she rubbed her forehead.

 

 “just make sure you don’t regret it later, okay? I want you to be happy, smiling. Not the weak Soonyi I first met back then. Be strong. You’re old enough, I know you will make the right choose. ” Wonbin smiled and Soonyi did too. “let’s go home now~. ah but first, let's get some egg tarts. I’m craving for some. Haha~”

 

“haha, oppa~” Soonyi laughed at Wonbin sudden appetite. Then they both stopped by a bakery along their walk back home, enjoying each other’s company one last time. 

 

 

 

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
i'm boring you guys aren't i? ehhh~... sorry :P