Catching up like Old Times

Hyung vs. Maknae

 

 

Everyone except for Wonbin was home now. Soonyi was putting the last dish she had made for them on the table as they all gather around ready to eat dinner. They sat on their respective seat, all waiting for Soonyi to get to her spot next to Jaejin and Minhwan.

 

“Okay, lets eat! I hope you guys like it, it’s a family recipe my omma thaught me herself.” Soonyi explained as she looked at all of their faces. “Come on~ go ahead.”

 

With that said, they all started to eat. They all were devouring the food, whether if it was that they liked the food or just that its been awhile since they had a home cook meal, it still made Soonyi happy and made her smile to herself.

 

“haha! Ya! slow down~, you guys might choke” Soonyi laughed as she started to eat.

 

“This is great Soonyi~!” Seunghyun exclaimed.

 

“yup~ very delilious!” Jaejin agreed.

 

“yes, it’s very good. Thanks for cooking for us, Soonyi-ssi.” Jonghun thanked her as he took another bite.

 

“You’re welcome~ its all I can do to repay you for me staying here. Also, I like cooking for you guys.” Soonyi said happily. “What about you Minhwannie~, do you like it?”

 

“mhmm~” Minhwan hummed since his mouth was full of food. Soonyi laughed at how cute it looked. “Noona’s cooking is always the best.”

 

“Haha, thanks Minhwannie~”

 

“Hongki-hyung. Why aren’t you eating? You don’t like Soonyi’s cooking?” Seunghyun said suddenly. Turning everyone’s attention to Hongki who was just staring blanking at his food. Soonyi’s smiled slowly faded away upon hearing what Seunghyun said.

 

“Hongki.. Hongki-ah..” Jonghun finally got Hongki’s attention. “What’s up? Why aren’t you eating?”

 

“Something wrong with my cooking Hongki?” Soonyi asked. A hint of sadness in her voice.

 

“oh? n-no. ahh~ Sorry. I was just thinking of something. I’m sorry” Hongki apologized and then took a bite out of his food. “Mmm~ its good~ Thanks for cooking it for us, Soonyi-ah”

 

 “oh.. you’re welcome Hongki” Soonyi went back to eating her food.

 

There was so much tension in the room now, and no one dared to speak. The sound of chewing and chopsticks hitting against plates was the only thing heard. However, Hongki was still not eating as much because of him spacing out all the time. Soonyi noticed this and keep an eye on him as she ate. She was wondering what could be on his mind to make him space out so much like that. Could have it been what happened earlier today that’s bothering him, she thought.

 

“Look, Hongki Iㅡ” Soonyi began to say until they all hear someone coming in from the front door.

 

“oh~, Wonbin-hyung you’re home” Minhwan spoke.

 

“haha, Hi Minhwan~” Wonbin took off his coat and made his way to the dining room. “hmm~, it smells really good. I see my Soonyi-ah made one of her favorite dishes, omma taught her? May I add the only dish she learned how to cook.”

 

“Ya! Oppaa~~!” Soonyi cried out to Wonbin for teasing her. “I know how to cook more than that now, oppa”

 

“haha, of course~ I’m sure you do now Soonyi-ah.” Wonbin ruffled her hair before he went upstairs to change.

 

“wait, oppa! Come eat with us!” Soonyi gestured to the food on the table.

 

“nahh~, its okay Soonyi-ah. I already ate earlier. Thanks though.” Wonbin smiled. “oh, but Soonyi. Come up stairs after your finish eating, I have something to tell you.”

 

“oh?” Soonyi now had a confused look on her face. “why? is something wrong oppa?”

 

“No~ no~.. nothing of any sort. I just wanted to talk so we can catch up with each other, silly girl” Wonbin explained. 

 

“oh, is that so? Okay, oppa. I’ll be there soon.” Soonyi then went back to eating, while Wonbin heading upstairs.

 

While the two were having their one-on-one conversation, the rest were just observing them as ate. Everyone didn’t mind the cute conversation they had because they all know how close the two were.Except for one person that is. Even though Hongki was spacing out, he came back into reality when Wonbin stepped inside the house. He still didn’t really like Wonbin, since he never bother to talk to him after the whole interrogating incident.  

---------

After everyone was done eating, they all said good night to each other and all went upstairs to their respective rooms while Soonyi stayed back to clean up.

 

“Soonyi-ah? aren’t coming upstairs with us? Its getting late.” Jaejin asked, noticing that Soonyi wasn’t following them.

 

“Huh? oh, I’ll go up after I’m done cleaning here.” Soonyi started to pick up dishes from the table. “You go ahead.”

 

“oh, okay. Good Night then Soonyi-ah~” Jaejin waved.

 

“Good Night Jaejin-ah.. everyone” Soonyi waved back.

 

After cleaning up everything, Soonyi went upstairs. Soonyi quietly made her way to room, being careful not to wake up any of the boys. Once she got to her bedroom door, she slowly opened her door to see Wonbin inside. He was on her bed with an old picture of was seem like the both of them when they were younger in his hands. 

 

“oh~? Oppa, you’re still awake?” Soonyi got Wonbin attention. “Why aren’t you sleeping yet oppa?”

 

“for one, its not even late yet Soonyi-ah.. its only 10:30PM.” Wonbin chuckled and then he gestured Soonyi to come sit next to him. “and two, remember I wanted to talk to you about something.”

 

“oh yeah~.. I forgot” Soonyi said, feeling embarrassed. They both laughed. “So, what was it you wanted to tell me?”

 

“remember when we took this picture? You were such a stubborn little girl back then” Wonbin changed the subject as he started to look at the picture again. It was a photo of the two of them, when they around their teens. In the photo it shows Wonbin playfully pinching Soonyi’s cheeks to smile at the camera, while Soonyi on the other hand, didn’t want to at all. This memory even though it was the day when Wonbin told her that he was going to leave, was a precious memory to Soonyi because it was the last picture they took together.

 

“haha, yeah~.. back then, its was so much fun. Thank you for always being their oppa, even though you did leave me later.” Soonyi joked. It didn’t hurt as much anymore for her to say this since it was a really long time ago. She was just glad to see him in person again. “So oppa, how’s life in Japan?”

 

“life there is great~. you get to know a lot of new people in the music industry and eating food there is great as well.” Wonbin explained as he put down the picture on the nearest table. “What about you? I don’t remember you telling me, you lived in a house with all boys now?” 

 

“oops.. yeah, I guess I did leave that out before you came back.” Soonyi chuckled. “it’s a long story but yeah~ I stay here now. Sorry oppa, for not telling you.”

 

“its okay~. From the way I see, they care for you a lot. So I don’t really mind it at all.” Soonyi smiled at him for understanding. “Speaking of them though.. it seems like your still with that boy. Am I right?”

 

“h-huh? W-what boy? Oppa, what are you talking about?” Soonyi hesitated. She clearly knew what Wonbin was talking about, she just didn’t want to talk about it now.

 

“What you do you mean ‘what boy’? So the boy my Soonyi would always talk for hours about on the phone when I was in Japan, was an imaginary one?” Wonbin joked. Soonyi, however, didn’t catch on to was Wonbin had said. She was too busy fiddling with the ring she wore on her hand. “so.. you are still with him. That stubborn boy, aish.”

 

“W-WHAT??” Soonyi exclaimed as she snapped her head up of to look at Wonbin with wide eyes. “N-no.. I’m not. W-what makes you think t-that?... wait?! How did youㅡ”

 

“I talk to him yesterday…well, not really talk. It was more like question and you better answer or else, but whatever. You know Soonyi-ah, when you described you boyfriend as someone who was sweet and kind. Make sure he lives up to that word, because he was more like a stubborn little child, if I say so myself.”

 

Wonbin was too busy laughing to notice how overwhelmed it was for Soonyi. The situation when Wonbin left, took long for her to get over, but eventually she did. However, the situation and memories of her and Hongki, she was still trying to get over and Wonbin wasn’t helping her at all.

 

“HE’S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!” Soonyi yelled out loud, but not too loud to wake up the others.  “not anymore at least…I think”

 

“hey, hey…okay, I’m sorry~. But Soonyi can I ask you one more question?” Wonbin started to pull Soonyi into a hug. “you say that he’s not but, its seems you still like him. That ring you keep on your hand.. its his isn’t it?”

 

Soonyi simply nods. She doesn’t have anything to say really, because Wonbin seems to know all the answers already. Then suddenly Wonbin heard something coming from outside. He glances at the door, but nothing was there.

 

“it’s the only thing I have left of him…oppa, I don’t know what happened.” Soonyi was slowly falling apart. Wonbin couldn’t take it, the last time he saw her like this was when he left her. The only answer for her being like this was that, Hongki had did the same…leave her. “but now that I see him everyday…my heart, it hurts more and more. Every time he calls me, it brings me back to the start. I can’t, oppa I can’t…”

 

“Shhh~ its okay, its okay.. maybe this is too much to talk about tonight. I’m sorry that I brought it up.” Wonbin then Soonyi back to comfort her. “Come now~ let’s sleep now. will talk more tomorrow, okay~?”

 

“o-okay.. *sniffles* Good night Oppa.”

 

“Good night, my Soonyi-ah.”

 

Saying their goodbyes, Wonbin then kisses her forehead as he quietly walks out of her room, closing the door behind him. She has a lot on her mind right now. I should just tell her tomorrow, that I’m leaving. Wonbin thought. Then while he heads to his bedroom to sleep himself, he suddenly stops in the middle of the hallway.

 

“You can stop hiding now Hongki-ssi. I know that's you, who was outside.” Wonbin spoke, without turning around to face him.

 

“o-oh.” Hongki toppled over a little. “How did you know it was me?”

 

“Come on, you guys are a band. What band sleeps this early. I don’t even.” Wonbin was now facing Hongki. “that and.. I saw your shoulder peeking out from the bedroom door. You’re not that very good in hiding”

 

“ahhh.. really? You knew I was there?”

 

“yup~.. I know you hear everything that Soonyi and I were talking about.”

 

“Sorry…” Hongki apologized, putting his head down.

 

“Its okay. I was kind of glad you were there. I wanted you hear how much you put my Soonyi through, how much she's hurting.” Wonbin stated.

 

“Sorry…I’m sorry…” Hongki felt even more guilty.

 

“now.. are you coming?” Wonbin began to walk again. “I think we have a lot of talking to do tonight.”

 

“h-huh? oh, okay.” Hongki followed Wonbin, leaving the two to talk all night long. 

 

 

 

 

 

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
sorry for the long chapter. i wanted to put more details in it >< 
hope you guys don't mind xD keke