Oh. You're not...

Hyung vs. Maknae

 

-Soonyi’s POV-

 

I knew how to get around FNC pretty well since I would sometimes come here with the guys and watch them practice if I had nothing to do for the day. I yawned a couple times on my way up the elevator. It was close to 12:30AM right now, and I was getting so sleepy. Once the elevator doors opened to the floor of where the practice room is. I walked toward the door, but was hesitated to open it. My mind was again filled with thoughts of what Seunghyun said earlier. Was he going to confess? How am I going to respond to it? Was I going to accept it or was I just going to run away like a coward? Or even worst, just stay frozen at my spot, too shocked to even respond and see his hurt face for not answering him. Then suddenly, the next thing I knew I had already opened the door. Luckily, I couldn’t see anyone inside because that would have been embarrassing. Wait… no one's here. where’s Minhwannie?

 

“Minhwannie-ah?” I called out as I enter the practice room slowly. Then thinking maybe he had left the room for a moment I decided to stay a little longer and be noisy. I walked around the room filled with all their instruments. I was in awe at how everything looked, even imaging myself being in their position. I laughed at the thought. It was one of my dreams,  how can I not be amused by what I’m doing. Then suddenly, I saw a keyboard. It was Jonghun’s I presume. I brushed my fingers along the keys, but stopped midway upon hearing the door open.

 

“Minhwan what took yo-- oh. You’re not…” I turned around to who I was expecting to be Minhwannie but instead it was another person who enter the room.

 

“Expecting someone else?” His right brow rose.

 

“kind of…Minhwannie texted me to meet him here in the practice room. But since I can’t find him, I guess I’ll just go now…” I tried to make my way out of the room, but he had blocked the door way with his body already. I looked at him with curious eyes.

 

“H-he.. went out, He’ll be back soon though. So if you want... y-you can s-stay for awhile…” He offered nervously. Strange, i thought. The Hongki I knew was never this shy.. but decided to consider the offer.

 

“well… if you say he’s coming back. Then okay Hongki, I’ll stay.” I walked away from the door as I went to the couch to get some rest. As I waited I notice Hongki was inside the room with me still. “Hongki.. what are you still doing here?”

 

“what else do you do in a practice room?” He chuckled at his sarcastic remark.

 

“Ha. Ha. Very funny, Lee Hongki.” I rolled my eyes at him.

 

“no, really. I’m serious. I’m here to work on a song.” He grabbed a guitar as he made his way next me. I started to feel a bit uncomfortable so I moved slightly away from him. “You want to hear it?”

 

“What’s it called? the song…” I asked him, still being conscious about the spacing between us.

 

“I haven’t come up with it yet, since I’m since writing.” He explained to me as he started to tune the guitar and pull out sheets of paper with lyrics on them. “so I’m guess that’s a yes?”

 

“huh?” I looked up at him, he was softly smiling at me. I suddenly felt my face become hot, then looked away quickly.

 

“haha, I guess so.” I heard Hongki say. He started playing, but I didn’t dare look at him again. I was afraid that my face would heat up again.

 

♪ I certainly had the feeling

I heard your voice coming from somewhere

Looking back in the dusk ♪

 

My ears were perked up and listening when he started to sing. It’s been a long time since I heard his voice, singing. He still had his beautiful voice and it seemed to have improved a little more as i listen. Then after the first few lines, I decided to look up at him. He was busy focusing on the notes he was playing, being careful not to make any mistake.

 

♪ My sigh disappearing in white

 

The short eternity you were in

Even more radiant, will keep on shining ♪

 

He continue to sing his song as I watched him. He would look at me from time to time as well and that was when I saw it again. The Hongki I knew before. The one who put all his emotions in his singing. He was here again...the Hongki I loved. Then next thing i knew,  I was starting to fall asleep. My eyes closing while my head drupes down slowly a couple of times. 

 

♪ That smile, that hair

The thin hand I held

Even now are tightened in my heart

That day we believed

In that single shining star

Yes, my last courage

Is not forgetting you… ♪

 

Those were the last lines I heard Hongki sing before I totally lost all consciousness. I had fallen asleep. 

 

 

 

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
short update ><  will try to update again tomorrow
the song is FTISLAND- Stars btw :)  k bye now~