Progressing

Hyung vs. Maknae

-Soonyi’s POV-

 

The wedding date is fast approaching so I’ve been too busy planning and getting everything ready for it with my mother. Weeks past, and I’m beginning to miss Minhwannie and the rest of the boys. I try to text or call them on any free time I get, Minhwannie, Jaejin-ah and Seunghyun. Not really Hongki though.. I only talk to him if he’s in the background of one of the calls. Besides that, nothing much. Boy, I missed them.

As for Jonghun and I.. We’ve got to know each other better, through all the so called “dates” we had so far. We’d talk about anything really. Things from the plain pointless conversations to the down deep sensitive conversations. One day, He told about how he’s treated like a puppet by his father and another he even trusted telling me about his heartbreaking story of what his father did to just get rid of his past love Eunyoung. Eventually, I did finally tell Jonghun about my father’s condition and some other things about my childhood. How I met Wonbin-oppa, about my dreams, and even how I met Minhwan. I only left out the part about my past with Hongki since I was sure he knew that. Overall, Jonghun-oppa is a very sensitive and down-to-earth guy once you get to know him.

Yes, I know. I call him oppa now, but not all the time and only as an other brother and friend. Nothing more. We agreed to this on our recent “date”. He told me that he wasn’t ready for this and wants to prove to his father that he’s not his puppet but a son. In return, I told him that I would tell my mother to call the wedding off before anything serious happens. Like the wedding itself.  

                                                                                                          

But how can I, if I can’t even bring it up once without my mother sidetracking and telling me we have to get this for the wedding, call this person for the wedding, and pick this ​flower for the wedding… blah, blah, blah.

 

“OMMAAA!” I exclaimed. “I really need to talk to you about something. It’s really important!!”

 

“later. Now try this one.” Aish, see what I mean. After a few minutes, I came out again trying on my sixth wedding dress my mother give me. I groan in agony.

 

“Omma, can we stop now? I’m tired and these heels are killing meee~!!”

 

“Don’t you dare take those off, missy” My mother scolded me, when I was attempting to slip out of them. They were like 5 inch heels and I had to ‘break’ them in. It hurt soo much… but I did as my mother told me to because lately she has been scarier than normal. I’m guessing the arrange marriage is getting to her a little too much. “last one. then you can go, okay dear. Here you go.”

 

I took the dress from my mother as I make my way back to dressing room one last time. I tried on the dress and looked at the mirror that was outside. I found it…likable. It was similar to the blue dress I wore, the strap around my neck was the same, even the bow around my rib cage. The fabric was different though, it was silk and very sleek from the waist down. It was truly a beautiful dress. A suddenly smile then creep up on my face. My mother seem to notice because she came toward me, holding onto my shoulder and smiled as she looked at me in the mirror.

 

“This dress looks absolutely beautiful on you, Soonyi dear” My mother looked at me from head to toe.

 

“Omma, I need to tell you something…” Now’s the time, I thought. It’s now or never, while I finally got her attention. “its about the wedding. Omma, can we canc--”

 

“I can’t believe my daughter is getting married.. I feel so proud right now” My mother said with almost tears in her eyes. Damn. I cursed inside my mind. She seem so happy about this. How can I tell her that we want to cancel the whole thing. Aish.. I’ll wait a little longer. I’m sure Jonghun will understand. “Now.. what was it you wanted to tell me dear?”

 

“huh?.... oh, it’s nothing.” I simply said. I’ll just tell next time, whenever next time it.

 

“okay dear. change and then you can go home.” My mother told me as she heaved a sigh.

 

“really? Thank you omma.” I ran as fast I could back to the dressing room, changed back to my regular jeans, shirt, and my very comfortable sneakers. Oh how I missed my sneakers. Once I finish, I gave my mother a kiss on a cheek and then left the horror place call a bouquet. “Good night Omma~ I’ll see you next time."

 

“Good night Soonyi dear.”

 

Once I left, I check the time and it was later than I expected. It was 11:55PM, almost midnight.

 

“ How did that happen? The last time I remember it was 8PM.” I recalled. “ahh, maybe I should ask omma to stay at the house for tonight.. or maybe--”

 

*BEEP BEEP*

 

“huh?” My phone beeped. I took it out to see who it was. “Minhwannie? this late?”

 

Noona! Are you still busy?

 Meet me at FNC right now. hurry~!

I have something to tell you >,< hehe~  -Minhwannie

 

“he wants me to go now?? should I?” I asked myself. “well, it seems like good news so I go and see what he wants.”  

 

I made a u-turn to the direction to FNC. It wasn’t that far. Maybe a few blocks or so, but I’m so tired and my feet are killing me from the high heels. I can make it.  Eventually, I did make it to FNC. Once I got inside, I saw two familiar faces in the lobby walking toward me. It was Jaejin and Seunghyun, they look like they were about to leave.

 

“oh! Soonyi-ah~, where have you been these past few weeks? Whenever I try to find you at the house, you’re never there.” Jaejin asked walking to me, followed by Seunghyun right behind me.  

 

“sorry about that, Jaejin-ah. I’ve been busy preparing things for my wed--… I mean, my friend’s wedding. Right, my friend’s…” So close, i thought. 

 

“oh, is that so? Do I know her?” Jaejin asked.

 

“uhmm.. kind of.”

 

“really? Then send my regards to her okay~?”

 

“s-sure…” I stuttered. okay, maybe i haven't told Jaejin about the arrange marriage yet still. I promise Jonghun that i wouldn't tell any of them. “by the way, do you guys know where Minhwannie is? He texted me just earlier to meet him here, he says he has something to tell me.”

 

“hoho, really~? mahaha~, I bet he want to conf--”

 

“Seunghyun!” Jaejin interupted Seunghyun from finishing his last comment. I looked gave a confused look toward Seunghyun, but he seemed to be too busy chuckling to notice. “he should be up in the practice room still. That’s the last place I saw him.”

 

“oh, okay~ thanks Jaejin-ah. I’ll see you at home. Bye~” I waved to them before I headed toward the elevators.

 

“Goodluck with everything, Soonyi!” I saw Seunghyun give me a wink.

 

“Ya! Stop that!” Jaejin elbowed Seunghyun and then waved back to me. “Bye Soonyi-ah. Don't stay late now.”

 

That was last thing I saw, before the elevator doors closed on me. I pressed the button of the floor where their practice room and waited till the doors opened again. As I waited, I was trying recall of what Seunghyun said earlier. Questions like: What was Seunghyun trying to say before Jaejin cut him off?, That Minhwannie was going to what?, came into mind. Also If I hear correctly, I think he almost said the word ‘confess’.

 

“Was Minhwannie going to confess to me?” I asked myself out loud this time. My heart then started beating very fast. “does he… like me?”


 

 

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
sorry everyone for not updating this week... been busy with driving classes >< 
but i'm done and back~!  anyway, hope you like the two chapters ^^ bye now! 


@ftislandfanatic: haha, i was thinking about it. but i decided not too hehe sorry if i disappointed you ><
@jaceBlue: haha, yeah.. very xD but i intend it to be complicated lol 
@sillyhappyperson: lol, ohh.. yeah, i know how that feels xD and haha, i was actually thinking about making her start falling for him, but.. you're right about too many love interests :P