Awkward Meeting (Part II)

Hyung vs. Maknae

 

-Jonghun’s POV-

 

Days past and I’ve been lying to guys about my whereabouts for going out all the time. I’ve been telling them, I’ve been practicing at FNC for almost everyday now and I’m pretty sure at least one of them have caught on to my lies. How can I stop though, now that I know the truth about why my parents have been acting so weird lately. Yesterday, they made it all clear to me. I’m going to have an arranged marriage. With who? I have no idea. My parents just told me that I’ll be meeting her today for the first time. My future wife. I don’t get it really, of why my parents set this up but I’m going to guess it was something business related. They always been treating me as their little puppet every since I was a child, pulling my ‘strings’ here and there for their own benefit. And from all this pulling, it leaves me. In my room, rushing as I try to get change for my ‘blind date’ with her.

 

“ahh, why did I over sleep? I’m most definitely late now. aish” I tried to get myself prepped and ready. I took a shower, got dressed, and fixed my hair in the mirror until it was perfect. Before I left the house, I left a note saying that I’ll be meeting a friend. Technically I’m not really lying here, I am meeting someone.

 

Traffic was crazier than ever. It was only 3PM, how can there be traffic?! I was at my last stop light, when I notice a girl in a blue dress running across. She seem to be in a rush because she tripped, but got right back up and started running again. I was too focused on her that I realized the light turned green already. I came back to my senses and made my way to the parking lot of the café. It took my awhile til I found a parking spot. When I parked, and quickly made it inside. I stopped for a minute to see if she was there already, but instead I see my parents talking someone. I rushed my way there, putting a stop on myself as I stand in front of my parents.

 

“Ahh, I’m sorry I’m late omma. Appa” I bow down to them apologizing.

 

“no it’s okay, sweetie. You’re not late. We just started to talk.” My mother explained. I was wondering who she was referring to, but then I remembered they were talking to someone before I came. Was it my her? I asked myself.

 

 “Come on, sit sit~..” she told me. “oh, wait I almost forgot. Let me introduce you to my son, Choi…”

 

I turned around to introduce myself properly. But before I could, the girl that was in front of me spoke first. “J-Jonghun?” I was shocked that she knew me, I looked at her again.

 

“Wait…Soonyi-ssi?” I exclaimed. I couldn’t believe it, my future wife was going to be… Soonyi? How did this happened?! Ohh, Hongki and Minhwan are so going to kill me now if they find out about this. I pushed the thought away immediately 

“You…two know each other already?” My father questioned. We both nodded.

 

“SPLENDID! This is great then. The wedding won’t too awkward now. ahh~” Too late, I thought. My mother seemed to be very pleased with this, which quite scares me. Then suddenly my parents stood up from their place. “well, sweetie. We better get going now. Your father has an important meeting to attend to. So, Goodby Sweetie. Goodbye dear, I hope we get to meet more often, Soonyi.”

 

“y-yes. Me too” Soonyi finally spoke again.

 

“okay, bye Omma.  Bye appa.” I bowed down one last time and right after, Soonyi got up and did the same. After my parents left, I took the sit across Soonyi and we just sat there in silence. Neither of us not having the courage to talk or even look at each other. I took the glance at her though, she didn’t even look like the normal Soonyi I see. She wore a dress, a pretty blue one. Wait. Pretty blue dress? The girl that crossed the street!  

 

“I guess from all the running here you must be thirsty right?” I said, nonchalantly. She looked up at me in curiosity. “Do you want me to get you something to drink?”

 

“Mocha cappuccino is fine. But Jonghun, how did you know I ran here?”

 

“well.. lets just say, that blue dress you’re wearing can really catch someone’s eye while you run across the road.” I awkwardly chuckled. “you look really different, Soonyi-ssi. I’ve never seen you in a dress before…it’s pretty. ”

 

“haha, thanks Jonghun.” She smiled shyly. “by the way, Jonghun. You can drop the formalities. We’ve known each other for how long now? haha~”

 

“right right. Sorry Soonyi-ss--.. I mean, Soonyi.” Another one of my awkward laughs comes out of my mouth. “anyway, be right back. I’ll just get our drinks now.”

 

I carefully got up from my chair and walked toward the counter to order.

 

“What can I get you sir?” the lady asked from the counter.

 

“uhh, one mocha cappuccino and one Americano.”

 

“coming right up” The lady said and went to make the drinks.

 

As I stay there and wait for the drinks, I start think about the possibilities. How this first ‘blind date’ will turn out. How will it affect our somewhat friendship we have. And the worst thought came to mind. How will the guys feel about this if they ever found out, especially Hongki and Minhwan. I’m suppose to be helping them out, but instead I’m back stabbing them by marring her.

 

“sir, you’re drinks are ready?” The lady told me as she handed the drinks to me. I paid for them and slowly walked my way back. Once I got back to the table, I settled our drinks down and took my sit. I looked at her and I could see distressed in her eyes. Then suddenly she came out with the exact question I asked myself from the moment I stepped inside this café.

 

“Jonghun?” She said. “How did this even happen?”

 

 


 

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
yeah... i at writing the pov for Jonghun OTL
but, i'll do better in the next chapter ><  lol sorry~ 

 

@sillyhappyperson: haha, yeah~ it's actually really awkward for Jonghun. and well, technically it was arrange marriage so Jonghun didn't know about either and he only thinks of her as a friend and nothing more. but lol, why say dang it? XD 

@jaceBlue: oh, hi! thanks so much for subscribing ^^ haha, i'm glad you got on to my clues in my ious chaps. xD i hope you enjoy the rest of my story as well. thanks again~