why

Fated to Love You

In which she doesn't understand why


 

Of all people, why me? — Jung Eunji 

____

Eunji sometimes finds herself wondering why on earth she agreed to be his girlfriend. It's not like she can't find someone better -- Please, she's Jung Eunji (!!) She kissed Kim Bum and Seo In Guk, for Pete's sake -- She may doesn't have dating history, but she knows many male idols worship her. Name it; Lee Joon, Wooyoung, Yoseob, N, Baekhyun -- but yet she's stuck with this human troll named Kim Jongdae. 

Jongdae is the most sincere male, Eunji admits. Eunji can't find someone as sincere as him anywhere. 

Jongdae needed to fight for her for almost a year. It wasn't an easy fight, if Jongdae could tell. Eunji has this weird relationship issues, because back then she was the one who's being broke up with and left, so when Jongdae walked in to her life, Eunji didn't give in easily. 

There were times. 

There was time when Jongdae sent her a gift -- a doll -- and it was returned back because Eunji didn't want to be sound cheap. 

There was time when Jongdae had time to talk to her backstage, but Eunji responded curtly. 

There was time when Jongdae sent her bunch of texts, but ignored just like that.  But there's something of Jongdae that softly attracts her. 

It's his sincerity. 

He didn't complain, didn't badmouth, didn't act irritated. He simply accepted them all and kept fighting for her. 

"I told you I don't want to date anyone," Eunji snapped one time. 

"Then let me in," Jongdae smiled, "Let me in so you'll want to date me,"  -  Letting him in is easy, enduring is way another story. 

Kim Jongdae is the most patient and kindhearted boyfriend Eunji had. 

"I don't want to eat it!" Eunji refused when Jongdae brought her traditional food of China. 

Instead of being offended, he nodded and put it on the table, "Okay, let your girls eat it. What do you want to eat?" 

Eunji knew it's already 2 AM, but she said, "I want to eat dimsum with you," 

Jongdae was just arrived at 12, but he still agreed, "Okay, dimsum is okay. Let's go. Don't forget your scarf and coat. It's freezing out there." 

Eunji gaped in shock.

____

But that doesn't mean Jongdae didn't lose his temper either. 

It happened once, when Eunji herself knew she crossed the line. 

"I can't, Ji, I'm having schedules tomorrow, I have to wake up early," 

Eunji frowned, tomorrow she had nothing to do so she asked Jongdae for a movie date, "But this movie is so fun," 

"I know.... I'll make it up to you, okay? But tomorrow is important. I can't skip it."  "Why can't you skip it?" 

"It's priorities, Ji," 

"So I'm no longer a priority?" 

"You are, Ji, you are. It's just I'm working." 

"You , it's not that important," 

"I... What did you say?" 

Eunji swore she has never heard Jongdae's firm tone. 

"I've never insist you in anything, haven't I? I'd always follow whatever you want... But it seems like you have crossed the line. Just because I let you, so you think you can step on my pride and saying my job is not important?" 

"Jongdae, it's not --" 

"You're so selfish, self-centered, and... You called me ?" 

"Jong..." 

"I'm tired. Goodbye," 

And he hung up.

____

It's been two weeks since Jongdae ignoring her. It's their first worst fight ever. Jongdae has never acted like this. He's mad, yes, sometimes, but never lasted for weeks! 

She tried to call and send messages, but he didn't respond. She tried by s, but s said Jongdae didn't want to talk to anyone in the moment.  She knew she did wrong. She knew she shouldn't have said that. She regretted it every single day and now she wanted to cry. 

She's sorry, really sorry.

____

Somehow, Eunji finally managed to find him at the music show. With Chorong and Suho's help, the EXO members were moved to APink's waiting room temporarily.  "We two need to talk," Eunji said as she locked the door. 

Jongdae refused to look at her. 

"I'm sorry," She said as she leaned closer. "I'm so so so sorry, okay? I'm sorry for being so rude, I'm sorry for not being understanding, I'm sorry for hurting you...."  Jongdae still wanted to ignore her, if only she didn't cry out of blue. 

Her makeup was ruined, her makeup stylist would be pissed off to the core, but she didn't care. She needed his forgiveness more than anything. 

"I'm... I'm sorry...." She stammered, "I'm sorry, Jongdae... I'm sorry... Can you forgive me?" She sobbed. 

Jongdae huffed and pulled her into a tight warm hug. 

Eunji burst into tears loudly. 

"I'm sorry...." Jongdae whispered, "I'm so bad. I'm a bad boyfriend. I'm sorry, Ji, I'm sorry." 

Eunji cried even louder. 

And it silenced with a kiss from her beloved boyfriend. 

"I'm sorry, I love you, peasant," 

Jongdae chuckled, "I love you too, my lady," 

____

Because from all people, you're  the most glowing. You, my dear, is only one in this world. —Kim Jongdae 

 


 

 

Behind his cheesiness I think I can see how Jong being mature here. And I do like that they start thinking their relationship is not a mere thing. —blues