Solo

Fated to Love You

Would you wait for me?


 

Eunji was damn exhausted for her solo promotions; she used to have class clown slash best friend slash personal bullied Yoon Bomi that always cheered up her mood, or motherly Park Chorong that always made sure that she’s fine, or the healthy cheerful Kim Namjoo with her talkative mouth. Having solo debut is nice, super nice, because finally people noticed her talent – she’s not just a mere idol that dances all the time or having spots in the back or the least screenshot time or the main vocalist…, or EXO’s Chen girlfriend that people usually labeled her on. She finally could show off that she got real talent, something that she didn’t receive from being EXO’s Chen girlfriend.

 

Just like now, she was about to have a radio interview with a sunbae she’s close to, the same sunbae that interviewed her boyfriend back then – and afterward with singing Man in Love repeatedly until her cheeks couldn’t stand the heat.

 

She greeted him politely and he grinned – he always liked the politeness that Eunji showed, exchanged greetings and for being so casual which she retorted with a joking “Well there are not many cameras filming me so yeah,” and burst into laughter when he noticed too that she barely put on makeup. “I only used them on stage oppa, so let’s meet up on stage okay?” which the sunbae nodded eagerly and circled his thumb with the index finger heartily.

 

The radio showed and per usual he introduced today’s guest, they talked about the concept of her solo debut – the reason why she decided to go with a folk song, not an upbeat song that is always Apink’s forte. She explained too on how her members reacted once they heard her debut song, she giggled when she called her father just to show off her newest song. “My father couldn’t contain his tears, he just…, wailed and said that I grew up well. I don’t want to sing love song because there are already many of that kind of song. I want to write something, that not only youngsters could enjoy, but also elders. My father said he’s proud of me, and that’s enough. Although I’m so happy too because Pandas like it and support me well.” she smiled brightly after explaining.

 

“What about your members? Don’t they feel like ‘why you eonni, why not me?’” her sunbae asked questioningly on which Eunji shook her head.

 

“I thought they would…, but they didn’t. They said they know in the last I would have a solo.” she laughed when her sunbae nodded in agreement. “Namjoo cried, Hayoung hit me, and Chorong eonni just clapped her hands while tears rolled down. Naeun and Bomi were like this…,” she propped out her chin and waved her hands over her face, pretending to hold back her tears. “In short, they supported me. And I feel happy, because I know I’m not alone.”

 

“What about him?” he raised a brow and Eunji sputtered. “I’m serious. What does he think about your song? And he lent his voice too right, on Descendants of the Sun’s OST? Do you both discuss about music too or regular basis?” he asked, trying to invade her privacy.

 

Eunji her lips before let out a tight-lipped smile. “Um well…, let’s just say that he likes my song? He didn’t comment much but he did say the song is easy-listening. He also liked my music video’s concept. And yep, since I love Song Joongki…, I mean who doesn’t – so yeah of course I listened to his song. It’s really beautiful, he sings well.”

 

“And handsome too,” her sunbae added with a sly smile.

 

“Yeah, and handsome too.” She parroted with reddened cheeks and giggled. “Ugh sunbaenim, can we change the topic?” she asked embarrassedly.

 

“Sure, sure… After this commercial break, we’re going to have Jung Eunji sings her solo debut song live! So stay tune okay? And here we have Everytime by EXOs Chen featuring Punch.”

 


CONGRATULATIONS BABE ON YOUR SECOND WIN #HopefullySky2ndWin!!! and um, blues, I know this is super late…, so sorry? get well soon and I love you much!

happy reading, ChenJi shippers — Ren