Fire Alarm

Fated to Love You

  VS 

Never mess with a girl that fakes the flawless kind smile


 

Jongdae didn't know which more endearing; the fact that he's going to be a musical actor, which has been his dream ever since he watched Romeo and Juliet musical some years ago or the fact that he's going to play with some familiar co-stars, such as Luna from f(x) - it should be easy to mingle with her since they were friends - and that man in the corner practicing his lines, Kim ing Sunggyu - the male that seemed to be Eunji's ideal type. And more, Jongdae haven't told anything to Eunji about itIt meant the fact that he's going to act with a female actress, please don't mention about the touches, the stares, the smiles, and the things that only should be shared as a couple.

When Jongdae was offered this chance by his manager hyung, he already made it clear that the scenes might offend Eunji a bit, so Eunji should be the first person to know. Jongdae just nodded nonchalantly that day, he lied to his hyung by saying that Eunji already knew he wanted this chance and she would be a supportive girlfriend.

It was hard, damn hard to pretend that he's close to Sunggyu while inside his head all he wanted to do is chopping the guy that his hand now slung on Sunggyu's shoulder and faked a smile when he joked, his jokes are not even close to funny, no wonder he got bullied a lot by s were echoed inside his mind. He still didn't see what Eunji saw in this male. Sunggyu is good at singing, true, but Jongdae is better. Sunggyu got those muscles, Jongdae had better. Sunggyu made more money, Jongdae earned better (he's a member of EXO, for Christ's sake, his salary is enough to buy a car for his parents, which he already did). Sunggyu was only winning at being older than him and funnier than him in variety shows. But Jongdae nailed it too! His dance moves in Weekly Idol was made him well-known as the troll and a fixed member of beagle line, along with Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol. He even was the Captain Beagle! In short, he was better in everything than this Kim ing Sunggyu.

After the press conference finished, Jongdae felt his phone vibrated, so he went to the corner and took it out, half nervous half wishing it would be Eunji. But it wasn't. Leader calling, the screen showed who the caller was. A little bit sad, Jongdae picked it up and greeted him with a hello, but turned out Suho was yelling at him. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" he yelled. "YOU'RE PLAYING IN A MUSICAL WITHOUT TELLING YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!" he continued with an exasperated tone.

"What?!" Now it's Jongdae's turn to be shocked. "Eunji knows?!" Jongdae started to walk back and forth. "Hyung, did you tell her?!"

"For the love of God, no. Why should I tell her anyway?" Suho replied and he sighed indignantly. "She called me, some minutes back, asking where have you been because she couldn't reach you..., and I told her that you're practicing." Suho clicked his tongue. "Then she said to me 'practice? what practice, oppa? do you have upcoming concert?' and then I knew you didn't tell her about it... Damnit, Jongdae, Eunji deserves to know."

"I'm scared she will freak out, hyung." Jongdae reasoned, it sounded like a stupid excuse now.

"Man up and call her--oh wait, wait..." Jongdae could hear Chanyeol and Kyungsoo talked about something, and Suho asked to bring whatever it was closer and then the next thing he heard was another yell of "FOR GOD'S SAKE, JONGDAE, GO CALL EUNJI NOW BEFORE SHE THINKS TO BREAK UP WITH YOU!"

"What, what? What happened?!" Jongdae too now was anxious.

"Your picture with your female co-star." Suho answered.

Now Jongdae knew he was in so much trouble. "Hyung, do you mean my rehearsal's pictures?"

"Hell yeah, cupping her cheeks, embracing her in your arms..." Suho clicked his tongue. "Eunji is going to be so, so mad at you, I bet my life on it."

"Hyung!" Jongdae whined. "What should I do?!"

"Just call her, Kim Jongdae. Call her before her agency announced you two are decided to part ways." With that, Suho ended the call.

So Jongdae hurriedly tried to call his girlfriend by pressed the speed dial. He waited for Eunji to pick up but it seemed to Eunji has rejected his call. He tried for other fifth times and they earned the same - rejected. He tried for the sixth and now he talked to the operator saying the number you are calling is-- Jongdae didn't bother to wait so he pressed the red button on his screen.

A short message came right before he was about to put it back inside his pants.

It's over, stop calling.

Kim Jongdae was so much doomed.

-

After the rehearsal ended, Jongdae rushed to his manager hyung and almost burst in tears as he asked whether gossip sites were already put the news about EXO's Chen and APink's Eunji broke up online, but he was so relieved when his hyung said nothing like that was came out as far as he noticed. He then came clean by admitting Eunji didn't know at first place about it and begged to him to bring him to APink's dorm so he could apologize and make things right. His manager hyung scolded him for a good fifteen minutes before agreed on sending him off.

When he arrived at the building, sweats were all over his face. He was nervous, this was more than when he was about to ask Eunji to be his girlfriend three years ago. He nibbled his lower lip and whispered that things were going to be just fine, so he ascended the stairs and knocked on their door.

It was Bomi, who opened the door with a sad headshake, but he still let Jongdae in. He met Chorong and Hayoung in the living room, and those girls also looked as disappointed as Bomi. Bomi nudged him and whispered, "She's in the kitchen. She was crying in her bedroom but now she's fine. You can talk to her." Jongdae gave a thankful look to Bomi and the girl continued, "You made her look so stupid. She didn't know a thing about it..."

Jongdae then was left by Bomi alone as he walked to the kitchen and found his girlfriend was backing him, busy with the spatula and the pan. From the smell, the girl was frying omelette. Jongdae waited until Eunji put it on the plate and turned off the stove. She turned around and widened her eyes when she saw Jongdae was already leaning his back against the wall, watching her.

Bomi was right; her eyes were swollen and puffy, she had her face bared, and she looked so tired. Jongdae inched closer and Eunji flinched, then unconsciously took a step back, away from him. "You need to listen to me." Jongdae said, trying to catch her arm but Eunji yanked her hand back after putting the omelette on the dining table.

"Stay away from me, we're over." she said coldly.

"No, it's not." Jongdae refused to surrender. "I love you and I know you do too, so let me explain."

"No, I don't want to hear anything. Get out." she pushed Jongdae away but she failed because Jongdae caught her hands and held them in his holds. "Let me go!" Eunji tried harder but it ended all the same; she failed.

"You need to listen to me." Jongdae pulled Eunji to his embrace. "Stop fighting, Eunji, you're only going to hurt yourself. Stop it and just hear me out."

"You ," Eunji muttered. "You were angry at me because I need to do kiss scenes with Inguk oppa and Kim Bum oppa, but I can't be mad at you for lying to me. You piece of . You good for nothing human being. I hate you. I hate you so much for lying and making me look like a moron when Namjoo showed me the pictures of you." Eunji kicked his shinbone and Jongdae stayed still, even he hissed in pain. "I thought wow Sunggyu oppa and my boyfriend can be civil together, but then the picture changed and I saw you..." Eunji pressed her finger on his chest hard. "... You were cupping another girl's cheeks! And I didn't know about it! I called Suho oppa and you made him turned into a liar as well! I hate you! I want to break up with you!"

"No, you need to listen to me." Jongdae hugged her tighter. "I didn't tell you firstly because I didn't want to make you mad..., which I regret it now. Second, I thought you won't agree, because of the scenes I had to deal with, while I really, really, really wanted this to happen. Third, I'm a fool, yes the foulest one, but I'm never letting you go. You can curse at me, yell at me, damnit, you even can kill me with your hands, Eunji..., but don't, neverbreak up with me, because I can't live without you in it." he said as he looked at his girlfriend's watery eyes. "Shoot, you cry again."

"I still want to punch you...," Eunji said angrily.

"Of course, please, be my guest, punch me anywhere, I'll take it gladly... But please, I beg you, please don't say that you wanted to break it off with me. I'm yours and you're mine. Even if there are things like this happen in the future, just don't ever think about it, do you hear me?" Jongdae his dry lips.

Eunji didn't say anything but in the end, when Eunji finally said, "You must be hungry, right? You never do anything when you're in panic. Here, I cooked this for you. It's a bit cold, but it's still good to eat." Eunji watched Jongdae as the boyfriend took a seat with their hands were still intertwined. She smiled thinly as she saw Jongdae was being a kid and enjoyed the meal heartily. "Just for my further information, will be there a kiss scene?"

Jongdae was choked on his food and Eunji didn't bother to take a glass of water for him. She narrowed her eyes and the boy looked away, coughing hard. This method was going to be used to investigate each other in the future, Jongdae bet on it.

 


inspired of EXOPinktoB's comment below and a thought of don't all of us want to see a scary side of Jung Eunji? — Ren