Asleep

Fated to Love You

Have faith in me, it’s all I ever asked


 

Jongdae has just finished his shower and tapped on Minseok’s shoulder to tell him that he could use the shower. The older guy raised his thumb as he put down the remote and walked pass the younger, only to halt and turned to see the younger, “… She called by the way,” Minseok didn’t bother to name who it was, because the beam over his face already told the oldest member that he knew. “I told her you’ll call back, because you’re in shower. It’s okay right?” Minseok wondered cautiously on which Jongdae nodded heartily at him.

 

“Yeah of course,” Jongdae grinned widely that Minseok had to scowl, this friend in front of him always on cloud nine when it came to her. The boy tapped on his phone screen and pressed numbers that he remembered by heart. He shooed Minseok to go inside the bathroom, so he could freely talk to the love of his very life.

 

He waited until the video call was picked up by the latter, in the middle of her dorm in Seoul. She was bare-faced, no single makeup was plastered on her face, eyes tired, and Jongdae could clearly see dark bags under her eyes. She was exhausted but they both knew they had to get through this; anyway it’s her hope to be a bit more well-known with her real talent.

 

Just like him, Eunji too could see him bare-faced. Even he’s somewhere far away in Japan – relaxing and laying down cozily on an expensive queen-sized bed that the price could save ten homeless children, she knew he was damn tired, but how couldn’t her heart beat rapidly if she was welcomed with soaked wet, messy hair and heartwarming smile?

 

“You’re still using that ring back tone?” forget the hello, cheesy greetings, lovey dovey pet names, Jongdae groaned because she again used that cautious, cold tone on him. “I’ve told you for many times that you could get into trouble! Do you want those stupid haters to find out that you’re using our song? And then upload the tune on YouTube…, or Instagram? You’re not afraid to let everyone know?” she asked rather in afraid which always saddened Jongdae – his girlfriend was traumatized, he really could tell.

 

“…  For the hundred and twenty fifth time babe, yes I am.” Jongdae giggled on the picture of growling Eunji and maybe right after this call she would smack the stuffed T-Rex he bought for her. “It’s because I’m so proud of you! You won’t find any prouder boyfriend than I am,” he added cheekily and again he could see she’s rolling her eyes. “Anyway, how was fan-signing? Did you meet anyone fun today?”

 

“Um,” Eunji fixed her position on the bed and seemed thoughtful for a while. “Well there’s this fan gives me homemade meals, she said her mother liked me but she couldn’t come to fan-signing because she’s working…., there’s also an Ahjussi that said he successfully made his son into liking Apink as well? Too bad his son preferred Naeun than me,” she smiled while Jongdae yawned. “Tired huh, young man?”

 

“No, not really,” he shook his head furiously, tried to get his conscious back. “And then? Is there anyone else that catches your attention babe?”

 

“… There’s this schoolgirl.” Eunji started and her smile went upward because Jongdae was trying hard not to fell asleep. Her boyfriend had to struggle all day, and now he’s still wasting his time to get in touch with her. He was almost dozed off, but Eunji told her story anyway, “… And she cried when she reached me. She said that EXO Chen is her ultimate bias and she couldn’t believe it when we’re publicly announced dating…, she said she had to read the news for several times more and made sure that it’s Jung Eunji, me Eunji, no other Eunjis. She asked me to always make sure…,” her voice faltered as she realized Jongdae was already asleep. “… that I have to take care of you no matter how hard it will be, that I can’t hurt you even deep inside I really want to choke you. That I have to love you, because you are her world.”

 

Eunji’s cheeks reddened as she whispered the final words, “… And I told her that I would, because I saw my whole universe in you.”

***

When the morning came, Jongdae awaken by force. They supposed to prepare for the second day of fan-meeting, and he had to get his breakfast before the rehearsal started. Reaching for his phone, he furrowed his thick brows as he realized he was facing a ceiling – wait, it’s familiar. He widened his eyes as he realized that the line from last night was still on and Eunji hasn’t ended the conversation. He raised the volume and giggled to himself as he heard soft snores, his baby is sleeping soundly – and Jongdae is happy.

 

Without ending the conversation, he just dimmed his screen’s brightness to the minimum – to avoid fans find out that he’s calling Eunji and held it tightly on his grip. But then he whispered a very soft, happy “Sleep tight babe,” greeting to nobody but her.

 


/hiding behind the embarrassment/ why am I such a fluffy, cheesy er? this is not healthy, I repeat this is not healthy. I READ ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS AND THEY MADE MY DAY! THANK YOU! BLUES, I LOVE YOU — Ren