Facade

Fated to Love You

In which Eunji is asked about her true feelings


 

"So Eunji," the radio DJ called her name and it made Eunji, that was busy joking around with Chorong, turned her head to see the DJ's eyes. She smiled when he smiled at her. "We were talking about relationship before commercial break," he pointed out and Eunji didn't need to be told twice about the meaning.

She didn't really like it to be exposed about how her relationship going, she would really appreciate it if people didn't ask anything about it. It wasn't like she wanted to be close-minded, she just expected to be private about her personal life. But she knew sooner or later this would happen, and in addition, they were invited by a famous radio station in Seoul to promote their full-length album, Pink Memory, and the manager kept saying if they did great today, they might will win first place in music shows tomorrow.

"Ah..., should I go?" Eunji asked jokingly, her signature laugh was loud in the air.

"You're the first member to speak up about your relationship status," he said. "I bet thre are lots of guys cursing at him by now, because he steals your heart before they did," he smiled meaningfully and Eunji waved her hand and pretended to feel hot because of summer.

"Ah..., I really should go." the members chuckled at her teasingly.

"But no, we don't want to talk about him, because we know how crazy his fans are..." Eunji raised a thumb and mouthed a thank-you to them -- the radio DJ was a close sunbae of her and he knew how Jongdae's fans reacted at the first place. "But this question may be related to him," he gave a small smile and Eunji just smiled.

"Yes, what is it, sunbaenim?" Eunji clapped her hands, as if she was excited for the question.

"Tell us, what do you seek in a relationship." he demanded and Eunji dropped the microphone on her lap. "It's not that hard, isn't it? What do you look for when you're going steady?"

Eunji tapped her chin, thinking. What do you seek in Jongdae. For Eunji, Kim Jongdae had everything; a smile that lingered even when he's exhausted after hours of practices, a chuckle that always there whenever Eunji tried to joke, a pat on her head whenever Eunji felt tired, a caress on her back whenever Eunji cried because she missed her parents, a thumb that raised praising her for her singing, a nodding head whenver Eunji wanted somebody to agree on her argument, knitted brows when he felt like going against her, the small fights, the sarcasm, the kisses in between.

Kim Jongdae has seen her in the best and the worst. Kim Jongdae has seen her behind the facade; and maybe that was why Eunji always refused to let him go. She was greedy, because Jongdae was just too be good to be true. And Jongdae was alike what his fans called him, a bias ruiner.

"Um....," Eunji finally held the microphone and looked at the DJ. "I always seek for safety in a relationship."

"Safety?" the radio DJ raised his brows.

"Yes, safety. Well, don't you think when you're feeling safe when you're with someone, you also feel comfortable? Because you know you are safe and no one will be able to touch you or to hurt you... And then along with the safety, you also feel comfortable, and you start to enjoy the safety he provides for you," Eunji explained clearly and it made the room quiet for a moment.

"Does he give you that?" the radio DJ spoke up, giving a sudden question.

Eunji didn't want to answer, but she wanted to show people how much she loved him, so Eunji nodded eagerly. "Why do you think I stay with him for the past three years?" her question was rhetorical but she smiled widely, proud at herself.

-

"So I heard from a source of mine-"

"-you mean Namjoo, Kim, no need to sound like you're an agent in a misssion," Eunji cut him off and she heard that familiar kind of cackle - how she never wanted it to fade away.

"You're always sarcastic, Jung. Always."

Eunji snorted. "You wasted your credit just to compliment me? What a waste of time."

"I'll take that as a I love you Kim Jongdae, thank you for calling me," Jongdae said cockily.

"You're an idiot."

"Well said, Jung!" Jongdae cheered. "Another way to say I love you..., don't worry, I love you too."

Eunji tried hard to hold back her smile. "You really are an idiot. A stupid, brainless, good-for-nothing idiot."

 


I really am trying to write and look what I've done /sigh/ this is a promise for blues. you owe me red velvet. and you two, ChenJi shippers, let's add up the party so people will love them more! <3 — Ren