Smile

Fated to Love You

For him, her smile is priceless.


 

"Something happened between you two?" Baekhyun curled up his brows when he peered his fellow member's girlfriend was walking pass through him without even sparing a glance or smiling at him. Firstly, he thought it was because their public relationship, but then when he caught Eunji was shaking her head when Hayoung pointed at Jongdae, he knew something was going on. "Seriously, dude, what happened between you two? I watched you fight a lot, but heck, this is new. She's ignoring you, and you do nothing about it,"

Jongdae peeked at his laughing girlfriend, she was making wave dance with Naeun and Bomi "... It's nothing,"

"Your nothing is everything, Jong," Baekhyun rolled his eyes, he was waiting for Jongdae to speak up but sadly nothing came out of him. He finally sighed in defeat and added, "... Whatever it is, camel, I think you should go and speak it up with her. Because believe me, once you let her slip off your hands, you won't find the same girl like her anywhere,"

"... I know,"

"I don't know about Vietnamese fans' eyes, I don't know whether their eyes are as sharp as Koreans, but I think you should hurry to return her smile. Because once the fancams released on YouTube and they see her smile wasn't there, people would speculate..." Baekhyun patted his friend's hair and continued, "... You're not dumb to know what they're going to gossip about,"

-

It's all started when Jongdae was too tired for preparing their latest comeback until he neglected the female. Not that Eunji really cared though, because for her, his health was number one priority, she wanted him to show the best for his fans, so Eunji chose to step aside for some moments. And then, Jongdae kept promising her that he would make time to meet her, which never happened because he either fall asleep or practice their songs. The chaos happened when Jongdae found out that APink was doing an advertisement with the one and only handsome acting-dol, Im Siwan, and did poses (that for Jongdae) seemed too close and happy. Jongdae went ballistic and called his girlfriend a moment after, of course.

"... You're joking me," Eunji scoffed from the other line, "... I can't do that,"

"Then ask the managers to come and offer the job to EXO," Jongdae deadpanned.

"What?" Eunji snorted, "Oh yeah, and then you get the job, and we're dismissed." Eunji huffed, trying to control her emotions, "... You know we can't be seen together,"

"I don't care. I don't like to see you with him, so ask Naeun or Hayoung or Namjoo to do the job,"

Eunji might lose her temper, so she finally said, "... You know what? If you can act like you don't give a damn about how I've been living for these three weeks, I can act exactly like you and refuse to do so. I'm still doing it."

Before Jongdae said anything, the line has ended.

-

The fans cheered like crazy and Jongdae tried hard to maintain his concentration on the moves and the songs. He didn't want to be lost in thoughts and caused troubles for s. He still maintained the same kind smile and waved at the fans, and pretended to be blushing when he saw banners with 'CHENJI' written on them. Truth to be told, his mind was busy wandering about how his girlfriend was doing right now. Right after their song ended, Jongdae hurried went to backstage with s. Jongdae captured Baekhyun was playing around with their managers, so he nudged him and Baekhyun's attention was fully at him.

"... I want to apologize to her,"

"Then go,"

"But I'm afraid..."

"Is her smile precious for you?" Baekhyun asked.

"... Yeah, hell yeah," Jongdae nodded.

"Then go return that happy smile. Make sure once this concert ends, her smile is already blossoming. If you want to make people talk about you, make sure it's written something like APink's Eunji was all cheery and smiley at the end of Music Bank in Hanoi. Can we assume EXO's Chen is one of the reason?" Baekhyun smirked.

Jongdae didn't need to be told twice.

-

APink was singing along to SHINee's Your Number - of course to tease Naeun - when Jongdae barged in and made all the girls' eyes widened. Jongdae didn't need to be telepathic, because once he stepped in, five of them stood up and refused to hear Eunji's mutters of "Stay," and "Yah, where are you going?!". Jongdae smiled thankfully at them  and Bomi patted his back to encourage the male.

"We need to talk," Jongdae blocked Eunji when she was about to leave as well.

"I don't want to talk, go talk to somebody else."

"I'm sorry," Jongdae caught her hands and laced them with his, he smiled when Eunji didn't yank them away, "... I'm sorry for being a for these few weeks. I'm dumb, stupid, idiot, and a jerk for abandoning you. And even I know you're mine, I'm still being all childish for jealous over Siwan sunbaenim. I don't even ask how you are, but I get all possessive on you... I'm so sorry."

Eunji's heart melted. Of course, Jongdae has always a weakness for Eunji's stubborn mind. "You're dumb, Kim,"

"I know, Jung..." He sighed, "Forgive me and I'll make it up to you."

A brow raised, "How?"

"By making you smile every time you're with me,"

She cracked to a soft smile and asked, "Why does that matter to you?"

Jongdae smiled, is her smile precious for you was echoed in his brain. He pulled Eunji into a tight embrace and whispered, "... Because your smile is dazzling,"

Eunji burst into laughter at Jongdae's corny remark, but she nodded anyway.

-

Music Bank in Hanoi received success and went perfectly fine; GOT7, EXO, SHINee, SISTAR, Block B, APink, Teen Top and more has brought freshness for the Vietnamese fans. But netizens noticed about how EXO's Chen and APink's Eunji reactions on stage together, because it's their first time to be seen together after confirming they have been in a relationship for three years. Even though they weren't spotted to be talking or greeting each other - hey, this is also happened on Baekhyun and Taeyeon on SMTown Live Concert, wasn't it? - netizens believed that Eunji's wide, happy smile was also caused by her boyfriend, who was also grinning ear to ear with his fellow members.

 

Let's just wish they can love freely like normal couples!


 

This is so random, I know, but I miss this otp. and yeah, I miss you, blues. — Ren