Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 9

 

Taeyeon walked into Yuri’s room & switched on the lights. She sat down on the bed & pulled the blanket which was covering Yuri’s face, “You awake?” Taeyeon asked Yuri, “I’m now!” Yuri grumbled at her, & tried to pull the blanket away from her but Taeyeon wouldn’t let go so Yuri gave up. Yuri sat up & lean against her pillow. Taeyeon was in the mood to talk, she knew her sister too well, “Okay, what’s bothering you?” Yuri asked, half-asleep. She wanted to get this over with fast so she can go back to sleep. She hadn’t fallen asleep that long since Yunho was haunting her dreams & it was hard to push him out. She had only managed to push him out & was drifting off to sleep when Taeyeon woke her again. Taeyeon let go of the blanket & got up to sit at the dressing table. She picked up the hair brush & started to brush her shoulder-length, brown curly hair, “Nothing’s bothering me but I had such a great day today. I just can’t get to sleep. Too bad you miss out. You would have had a fun time too, if you were with us.” Taeyeon said, without turning to look at Yuri. Oh no, Yuri knew what this mean. She wasn’t going to get back to bed soon. Knowing Taeyeon, she was going to stay up all night talking. Yuri let out a loud sigh & grab her mickey mouse. It was going to be a long night, “Did you know that the guy we met at the restaurant this morning was the guy that owned the cabin that we went to last time? Oh, you weren’t at the restaurant but anyway, his name is Yunho, Jung Yunho. Nice name, huh?” Taeyeon said, still not turning to face Yuri & it was a good thing she didn’t or else, she would have seen Yuri’s blush. The mentioning of the cabin brought back the vivid image of Yunho & her & the fireplace. God, she had been trying all day to push that scene out of her mind but now, it was back, thanks to Taeyeon. Yuri let out another loud sigh but Taeyeon didn’t notice.


“He’s so cute & so funny. I swear he makes me laugh so much it hurts. His...His so different from most of the guys I have met. There was just something about him that made him stand out, you know? Hmmm. God, I don’t even know what I’m saying.” Taeyeon said, as she continual to brush her hair. Yuri watched her as she spoke about Yunho. She could sense that Taeyeon was attracted to him because when she mention Yunho’s name, her eyes lit up. Yuri felt a jab of jealousy but push it aside immediately. She & Yunho didn’t have a future. He didn’t belong to her & she has to forget about him. She should be happy for Taeyeon because Yunho was a nice person & would treat Taeyeon good. They would be perfect for each other. She tried to smile but her lips just wouldn’t move. Yuri let out another sigh & bit her bottom lips. Why was it so hard to think of Yunho with someone else beside her but she had to learn to deal with it.

 

“You like him.” Yuri heard herself say, before she could hold it back. This got Taeyeon’s attention & she dropped the brush back onto the dressing table. She got up & started to pace around the room, “No, I don’t think so. No, I couldn’t...Oh, I don’t know. I mean, I’m attracted to him but that’s just because he makes me laugh & he’s so cute but he’s not my type. Guys like him aren’t looking for commitment, they just like to fool around. You know, bed you & then move on. I’m more interested in a guy who I can be with & eventually marry.” Taeyeon said, stopping to face Yuri. Yuri tried to hold back her laughter. Her poor sister was looking like a lost puppy, “It doesn’t sound that way. The way your talking about him seems otherwise.” Yuri said. Her lip were able to work now as she smile at Taeyeon.

 

“Well, I have to admit I do like him a little. Only a little, that’s all. Nothing that I can’t get over. Its just he’s so cute & I enjoy being around him that has me talking about him. I think Changmin Oppa is jealous, you should have seen him.” Taeyeon said, returning to sit at the dressing table. Changmin jealous? Yuri would love to see that, “Do you like Changmin Oppa, Taeyeon?” Yuri asked her. Taeyeon picked up the brush & started to brush her hair again. She didn’t reply straight away as she was thinking, “I don’t know. I never really gave it that much thought. I always look up to him like a brother so it was kind of weird today when he fussed over me but then again, it may not be jealousy, it could be just that he wanted to protect me like a brother. I don’t know, its so confusing.” Taeyeon said, leaning on her hand & letting out a sigh.

 

Yuri sighed, too. She was suddenly jealous of Taeyeon because she wouldn’t have the chance to choose what kind of guy she like but then, she already knew who she like but she wouldn’t get the chance to date, to get marry, to have children. Yuri bit her lips again, & tried to hold her tears in. It wasn’t fair. Why can’t she love & be happy? Why did she have to suffer from this heart problem? Why was she the one in the family to be stuck with this illness? Because she rather her than Taeyeon. Because she wouldn’t bare to see anyone in her family with this illness.


“Did you know that Yunho Oppa owns a construction company in Toyko, Japan? He was supposed to have left for Tokyo yesterday.” Taeyeon said, returning to brushing her hair again, “Then what is he still doing here?” Yuri asked. That had been bothering her since she got home today. She didn’t expect to see him again, since she thought that he had gone back to Tokyo. It was easier for her to deal with her emotion, knowing that he was miles away & that they wouldn’t see each other again, but now that he was here, so close, the urge to see him was so strong, was so hard to fight, twice today she had gotten in her car, ready to drive up to the cabin but she had force herself back inside. She even threw her car keys in her car & locked it inside.

 

“He said he had some unfinished business here to see too, but Changmin Oppa think otherwise. Changmin Oppa thinks this unfinished business has to do with a lady. He told me this in the car while he was driving me home. He said Yunho wasn’t the type to put his work aside since his work was really important to him & for him to postpone his return to Tokyo would only mean that he was interested in some lady here in Korea. Can you believe that guy? He’s not thinking with his brain, he’s only thinking with.” Taeyeon didn’t finish her sentences but stood up & put her hands on her stomach & lowered it down, “You know what I mean?” Taeyeon said, staring at Yuri. Yuri blushed. She knew what she meant. She had, after all, experience that last night. Taeyeon thought the blush was because Yuri was embarrassed to discuss these kind of topic & Yuri didn’t correct her either.

 

“You know, I wouldn’t have thought he was those type of people but during our meal, I concluded that he was only paying attention to me because it made Changmin Oppa furious, not that I didn’t enjoy his attention. Pity, I think I would have given him a chance if he was a stable guy but too bad. I wonder if I could change his ways.” Taeyeon said, sitting back down & reaching out for the brush again. God, if Yuri had to watch her brush her hair again, she would scream, “Taeyeon, if you keep brushing your hair, there won’t be any left by the time you finish.” That got Taeyeon’s attention & she put the brush back down & walk to the bed & sat on the end of it.

 

“So, does that mean your going to try & change him?” Yuri asked her, when she sat down. Yuri had found Yunho to be perfect in everyway. She wouldn’t have change him, ‘Stop thinking about him!’ Her little voice shouted, ‘How the hell can I stop thinking about him when the subject is about him?!’ Yuri shouted back, inside her head, “Hmmm, I would if I could but he doesn’t seem to be interested in me but I know that if I put my mind to it, I could win him over. I don’t know. If he stays longer than he plans too, then I will see if I’m still interested in him. I think the only way to win him over is to bed him. Don’t look at me that way. I’m not going to bed him. The only way any guy will bed me is when they agree to wear a wedding ring on their finger so you can wipe that look off of your face. I’m a true believer in marriage before .” Taeyeon said, grinning at Yuri.


Yuri had been a believer in marriage before too, when she was young but that had all change when she found out about her illness. It had destroyed all her dreams of falling in love & marriage. Well, it hadn’t destroyed her dream of falling in love. Yunho had made that dream come true & what they had share back at the cabin gave her a glimpses of how marriage to him would be like, even though it was only for one night, it was more than she could have asked for. Yuri felt tears forming in her eyes again, & pretended to yawn. Taeyeon took that yawn as a message that it was bedtime. She stood up & walked towards the door & turned off the light, climb into bed with Yuri, “What are you doing?!” Yuri cried out, as she felt Taeyeon climbing into bed, next to her, “I’m sleeping with you tonight & even if you kick me out, I won’t leave. Goodnight Yul. Talk to you in the morning.” & with that, she cuddle up next to Yuri & pretended to snore. Yuri let out a sigh & closed her eyes, “You can stop pretending to snore now.” Yuri said, as she laid back down on her bed & prayed that sleep would come soon.