Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 22

 

"Yunho, you should stay until you have fully recovered." Changmin said, as he & Yunho walked towards Changmin’s car. They were going to the hospital now & then to the airport afterwards. Yunho had decided to leave late last night. He wanted to leave as soon as possible, staying back would only break his heart even more. He didn’t want to stay back, he didn’t trust himself around Yuri & he didn’t want to hurt Changmin, "Changmin, I'm feeling fine. I have recovered from my memory lost & my sight has return." Yunho sigh, "Changmin, there are things that I need to deal with that makes it hard for me to stay back here like work." Yunho use the excuses of work for his problem but it was actually his feelings for Yuri that he needed to deal with but he couldn’t tell Changmin that. Yunho knew that if he stayed back, it would be harder for him to let go so it was best to leave & hopefully with time, he would be able to put this behind him, to forget Yuri & to learn to live without her. Changmin looked at Yunho. He knew that Yunho was leaving because of him & Yuri so how was he going to help Yunho without breaking his promises to Yuri. Damn, he shouldn’t have made that promise to Yuri!

 

They both reach the car when Changmin’s T-mobile rang, Changmin handed the keys over to Yunho so he could answer his phone, "Hello." Changmin said, as he got into the passenger seat. Yunho started the engine & reverse the car out of the driveway, "What’s wrong Taeyeon? Why are you crying?" Changmin asked worriedly. He could hear her soft sob as she spoke to him, "Changmin Oppa, please I need to see you. Can you come to the park, the one near my house? I will wait for you there. I tell you when you get here & if Yuri calls, don’t tell her where I am. Don’t ask me why, just come to the park." Taeyeon cried into the phone, & hung up. Changmin called out to Taeyeon but she had hung up already & all he heard was the dial tone, "Yunho, change of plan, turn left here." Changmin said to Yunho, as he tried to called Taeyeon back but she wasn’t answering her phone, "Where are we going?" Yunho asked Changmin, but Changmin didn’t get to answer when his mobile began to ring again.

 

Yuri look up & down the street but didn’t see any sign of Taeyeon. Frantically, Yuri pulled out her samsung galaxy note 2 dialed Changmin’s number, "Slow down Yuri. What? Taeyeon? No, she isn’t with me but she did called me. What’s wrong Yuri?" Changmin asked her, as he could sense the panic in her voice. Yuri tried to control her voice as she told Changmin about what had just happen at home. Yunho watch as Changmin spoke to Yuri. He saw the concern looked on Changmin’s face & started to panic. Something was wrong. He could tell by the expression on Changmin’s face, "Oh, god." Changmin said, after Yuri told him the whole story. He didn’t know what to say because the adoption news was shocking that he needed time to digests the news, "Yuri, don’t worry, I'm going to see her now. I will talk to her. She just needs time to adjust to this news". Changmin tried to sooth Yuri’s concern, "Where is she?" Yuri asked Changmin, "Yuri, she’s safe. She asked me not to tell you where she is so don’t worried. I will call you later & inform you where she is once I see her. Yuri, don’t worry & try to stay calm, your health is more important as your condition won’t allow you to get so work up. You know how weak you are right now so get some rest. Listen to me, go home & wait for my call. Yuri, don’t argue with me. Listen to me. Go home & wait for my call." With that, Changmin hung up on her, "What was that all about?" Yunho asked Changmin. Changmin ran a hand through his short dark brown hair & let out a loud sigh, "You wouldn’t want to know." Changmin said, as he close his eyes & lean back in his seat. He didn’t know what to tell Yunho as he was still digesting the news Yuri had told him. Taeyeon, adopted? How can that be? It was so strange but Taeyeon looked so much like her parents & her blood type was compatible to her parents. Something wasn’t right. Changmin tried to think but he couldn’t find any solution to the situation right now. Yunho turn to look at Changmin who was deep in thought. Something was bothering him but he wouldn’t tell Yunho & Yunho didn’t want to force Changmin to tell him either. Yunho had been listening to the conversation between Changmin & Yuri but it was confusing since he only could hear Changmin & not Yuri. Nothing made senses. Taeyeon had been discuss in their conversation. Yunho had forgotten all about her. Remembering now, he recall having breakfast with her & Changmin once & she had come to visit him a couple of times during his recovery. If Changmin hadn’t spoken her name, Yunho wouldn’t have remembered her.

 

Yunho tried to make senses of Changmin & Yuri’s conversation, ‘Your health is more important as your condition won’t allow you to get so work up. You know how weak you are right now so get some rest’. Yunho focus on those words. He didn’t understand. Was Yuri sick? Did she get the flu or something? Yeah, it must be that. It was the only thing he could think of that made sense. Yunho let out a sigh, ‘Man, stop thinking about her or else you won’t be able to let go! She’s Changmin’s girlfriend, just remember that! Don’t causes yourself anymore pain! Let go now while you can!’ Yunho scowl at himself, "Turn right here." Changmin’s voice brought Yunho back down to earth, "Park here. I will be back shortly. You don’t mind waiting here, do you?" Changmin asked Yunho, as he unbuckled his seatbelt, "No problem. Take your time." Yunho said, as Changmin got out of the car. They had park one block away from the park. Changmin didn’t think Taeyeon wanted to see Yunho right now, not after the kiss she had witness between Yunho & Yuri. He had been surprises by the sight of them kissing & it had causes him to weep inside his heart but no one knew that beside himself. The pain of knowing the one you loved loved someone else was so painful that Changmin didn’t know if he could keep his feelings bottled up. The pain he experience must be as painful as Yunho but Yunho has Yuri’s love, just that he wasn’t aware of it. Changmin shook his head to clear his mind & started to jog towards the park.

 

Taeyeon saw Changmin approaching from the distance, got up from the swing & ran towards him. Changmin open his arms out & embrace her as she started to cry again, into his chest. Changmin squeezed her tightly, hoping to give her some comfort, "Shhh, Taeyeon, don’t cry. Shhh." Changmin tried to sooth her. Changmin gently place his long fingers under her chin & slowly raise her face up to meet his. Her eyes were red with tears still flowing down her cheeks. Changmin gently wipe them away with his thumb. Once her tears were gone, Changmin led her towards the sand pit in the middle of the park. Changmin sat down on the sand & pulled Taeyeon to sit next to him. Taeyeon lean into Changmin & let out a big sigh. Changmin waited until Taeyeon was relax before he asked her why was she crying. He knew why but she didn’t know he knew.

 

"Feeling better?" Changmin asked her, "Yes." Taeyeon said, as she snuggle closer, "Tell me what has causes you all these tears?" Changmin said, putting his arms around her, "I'm adopted! Adopted Oppa!" Taeyeon cried out. Changmin tighten his grip around her as he felt her body tremble with the pain as she said those words, "I can’t believe they kept it away from me. All this time, I thought I was their daughter. Now, to find out I was adopted. God, I don’t know how to deal with it. Why did I have to find out? Why me?" Taeyeon cried, as her tears started to fall again, "Taeyeon, I know you are angry but I'm sure they didn’t tell you because they didn’t want to hurt you. Does it really matter if your adopted or not? Haven’t they been a family to you? They treated you as their daughter, love you, cared for you. They are hurting just as much as you are. Don’t let the word adopted cloud your mind. Think of how much they loved you." Taeyeon wipe her tears away & thought about what Changmin said. He was right. They were her family. The only family she knew. They loved her, treated her well, cared for her, shared her joys & laughter, given her a home when her parents gave her up so she had no right to hate them. She should be grateful to them for adopting her & providing her with a happy childhood, a happy & loving family environment.

 

"Thank you Oppa. I dont hate them. They are my family. I just needed to adjust to the news of my adoption." Taeyeon looked up at Changmin & smiled. Changmin smiled back down at her, "Taeyeon, I'm glad you understand & accepted this in a mature way. I'm proud of you. Maybe you are not a kid anymore. Ow!" Changmin cried out, as Taeyeon pinch him, "Hey, I haven’t been a kid since I turned fifteen." Taeyeon said, giggling. Changmin let out a roar of laughter, seeing her smiling was a sign she was alright, "I see your alright now, that’s good. Yuri called me, looking for you before. She’s really worried. I think you should called her." Changmin saw Taeyeon’s smile vanish as he mention Yuri’s name, "I don’t want to talk to her." Taeyeon said, pulling away from Changmin, stood up & dust the sand away from her clothes, "Why don’t you want to talk to her? Taeyeon, she’s worried about you." Changmin said, standing up too, "Oppa, how can you be concern about her after what she did to you?" Taeyeon said, turning around to face him, "How can you still care for her when she went behind your back?! You saw her & Yunho! You saw them kissing! How can you act as though nothing is wrong?!" Taeyeon said angrily. Changmin let out a sigh & ran his hand through his hair. How was he going to explain this.

 

"Taeyeon, what you saw was a misunderstanding. Yunho had explain it to me that he accidently fell & Yuri was trying to help him up but when Yunho, not intentionally, turn to face her, their lips met. They weren’t kissing, it was just an accident. What we saw was a misunderstanding. We came upon them as they turn to face each other." Changmin said, trying to keep a straight face. He didn’t know how he came up with that story but he hope it convince Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn’t say anything as she was trying to remember the scene. She didn’t know what to say. She couldn’t doubt Changmin since he seem to believe them. Had she really misunderstood what she saw? Yuri was her sister, wasn’t the type of person to flirt & she was really faithful. God, she had a lot of apologizing to do once she got home & she had been really mean to Yuri, had even push her out of her room. Oh, how she regret her action, "God, Oppa, I think I have a lot of apologizing to do."

 

Yuri didn’t go home. She couldn’t rest if she wanted to. She was too worried about Taeyeon to just go home & wait. Yuri decide to go to the park near her house. She wanted to be outside. She didn’t know how to face her parents when she got home. How could she go home alone without Taeyeon? Yuri walked down the block & turn the corner & was about to cross the road when her pain started. Yuri grab her chest & tried to control her breathing. She closed her eyes when she suddenly felt dizzy with her legs weakening under her. Yuri reached for her orange michael kors selma large east west satchel handbag but it wasn’t there. She had left the house in a rush she had forgotten to take her medicine. Yuri open her eyes & tried to focus. Beads of sweat were forming on her forehead as Yuri press her hand down on her chest, hoping to ease the pain. She tried to take a step forward but her leg was so weak she felt herself falling down. She reach out & tried to keep herself upright. She use the support of the car which was parked in front of her & lean against it. Oh god, was this it? Was this how she would die? Here, on the street without her family? Alone & helpless. Yuri didn’t want to die like this, 'Not like this please? Not like this?' Pleaded Yuri. Yuri thought of Yunho. She would give anything to see him one more time before her last breath, “Yunho Oppa, where are you?” Yuri cried to herself.

 

Yunho lowered his seat & closed his eyes. Yuri appeared before him. He gave up trying to get her out of his mind as the more he tried, the harder it was. He wanted to see her so much. One last time before he went back to Japan but he knew that it wasn’t possible. He couldn’t let himself see her, afraid that seeing her would make him want to stay, "Oh Yuri, how will I get through each day without you?! My heart aches for you every second of the day! Please help me ease the ache of my heart?! Take away the pain that is tearing at my heart! Help me forget this love that I feel so deep & pure for you! Yuri!" Yunho cried out to himself. Yunho open his eyes & sat up. He thought he heard Yuri calling out to him. Did he really miss her that much to hallucinate her voice. Yunho open his door car & got out. He needed some fresh air. He needed to clear his mind as images of Yuri was driving him insane. He wanted her, needed her. He would sell his soul to the devil just to have one last glimpse of her.


Yunho thought he was really going insane when he step out of the car, he came face to face with Yuri. She was leaning against the car. They both stared at each other, without saying a word. Yunho was so surprises, he even expected the devil to appear any minute to take his soul. Yuri didn’t know if she was dreaming or not. Was Yunho really standing before her? Had the heaven above heard her last dying plead? Yuri was so happy to see Yunho, tears started to form in her eyes. Seeing Yunho made her forget about her pain. Yunho saw the tears appear in Yuri’s eyes. She was crying but she wore a smile on her face. God, she was beautiful. Was she really standing in front of him? They both stood still, afraid to move afraid that they were dreaming, afraid that if they spoke up or move, the other would vanish. Giving into longing, they both slowly raised their hands, wanting to know if they were dreaming or not. Yunho slowly raise his hands to touch Yuri’s cheek & felt the warmth of her skin. God, it was really her. His own eyes filled with tears. He couldn’t remember the last time he had felt this happy. Yuri touched his warm cheeks. She couldn’t believe it. It was really him. Yuri let out the breath that she had been holding as her tears rolled down her cheeks. Yunho pulled her into his arms & held her tightly while she wrap her arms around him & lean against him. Oh, it was so nice to be in his arms that she felt safe & warm. Suddenly, death didn’t seem scary to Yuri anymore. She was with Yunho & that was all it mattered. If this was her last moments then she wanted nothing more than to be wrap up in Yunho’s protective arms.