Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 4

 

Yunho didn’t want to scare her. He wanted to find out who she was & what she was doing in the forest. He was thinking of how to ask her but didn’t get to finish his thought when she started to run. His long legs automatic chased after her, “Wait, miss! Don’t be afraid!” He cried, after her but she didn’t stop. The more he scream after her, the more she ran.

 

Yuri heard him screaming after her but she didn’t stop but kept running. She looked frantically around her. She didn’t know where she was running, all she knew is that she had to get away from him. Her heart started to beat faster with every stride she took, her head was screaming for her to stop as she started to feel pain in her chest & was begining to have trouble breathing but Yuri didn’t stop but forced herself on. She didn’t see the rock on the ground & tripped over it. She felt a pain shot up her ankle as she let out a painful scream & closed her eyes as she felt herself falling.

 

Yunho saw the rock up ahead & knew she didn’t see it as she wasn’t looking down. The thought of her hurting herself causes him to panic. He didn’t know how he did it but he got to her in time as she was falling & held onto her, making them both fall down but he used his body to break her fall. She landed on top of him as he hit the ground but still, he didn’t let go of her.

 

Yuri opened her eyes & was surprises to see that instead of hitting the ground, she was lying on top of the stranger who had a worried look on his face. Yuri could feel his arms around her. She could feel his body beneath her, strong & toned & his warmth, it sent shiver all through her hourglass body. Yuri blushed & looked away from him.

 

Yunho laughed. He had been worried that she was hurt but when he saw her blushing, he knew that she was alright. Somehow, knowing that she was safe made him feel lighter. He let out a sigh of relief & looked up at her. Yuri tried to avoid his eyes. He was staring at her, she could feel them on her. Yuri tried to wiggle her way out of his embrace but he wouldn’t release her, “Please, let go of me?” She said, as she continue to avoid his eyes. Her voice was like music to his ears.

 

Yunho didn’t want to let go as he liked the feel of her body pressed to his but he loosen his grip only for an instance then held her tighter again. Yuri looked up at him & raised one of her thick, straight eyebrows, making Yunho smiled, “If you promise not to run off again.” He said. Yuri looked at him & nodded. Yunho let go of her as she rolled off of him. As soon as she was off of him, she let out a small painful scream. Pain shot up her from her ankle, making Yuri sit up & reached for her ankle.

 

Yunho, hearing her scream, sat up immediatly, “Are you hurt?” Yunho asked. She didn’t asnwer. She didn’t need to when he saw her holding onto her right ankle. Yunho reach down & pulled off her boot slowly. She tried to hold back her pain but it hurts so much tears were streaming down her eyes. Yunho’s heart ach as he saw her tears. He wanted to reach out & wipe away her tears but he didn’t as this wasn’t the time, she was in pain & her ankle needed attention. Her ankle was already red & swollen, “This doesn’t look good. You have sprained your ankle. We better take you back to my cabin & call the doctor. Can you walk? No, don’t worry, I will carry you.” Yunho said worriedly.

 

Yuri tried to protests as she didn’t trust herself in his arms. His touch sent a shiver down her spine & then the butterfly appeared in her stomach again, making her forget all about her pain. Yunho held her protectively. She was like a porclien doll, small & beautiful. She had lean her head on his shoulder. Her closeness made his heart beat faster. God, who is this girl & what has she done to him? Never had he felt this way with anyone before. He wanted her, needed her. All these emotions were new & wonderful.

 

Yuri leaned into him as she was exhausted from runing & the closeness of his body made her mind run wild. He made her feel safe & protected. His arms were strong & tanned. She could see the lean muscle from his arms downward. He was nicely built, too. It must be from all this outdoor walk that has tanned his skin. It was a lovely bronze tan. Yuri wanted to run her fingers along his arm, ‘Oh god, what is happening to me?!’ Yuri cried out to herself. She had never ever felt this way before. This was new & it frighten her.

 

Yunho set her down softly on the sofa. She was asleep. Her breathing was nice & slow, telling him that she wasn’t in that much pain now & he was glad. Yunho walked over to the fridge & took out an ice pack. Approaching her, he hesitated. If he put the ice pack on her now, it would definitely wake her up which he didn’t want to do that since she was sleeping peacefully but her ankle needed to be attend to.

 

Yuri’s eyes flew open as she tried to pull her sore ankle away from the cold impact but she couldn’t since someone was holding onto it, “Don’t move.” She heard a soft concern voice from the other end of the sofa. Yuri looked over & saw the stranger that had cause her this injury. He smiled at her, “How are you feeling? Does it still hurt?” He asked her, adjusting the ice pack. She let out a little sigh & he saw her intake of breath, “I’m sorry.” He apologize.

 

Watching him, Yuri had forgotten about the pain. It was when he asked that brought the pain back. She tried to smile & shake her head but she couldn’t hold back the pain. She bit her bottom lips & dig her fingers into the sofa's cushion, “Where am I?” Asked Yuri, as she looked around the cabin. It looked just like the one that she had been in earlier before. It was but she didn’t know that.

 

“I brought you back to my cabin. It was the closest place & the doctor shouldn’t take that long to come. Don’t be afraid, I don’t bite.” Yunho wink at her as he got up & open the fridge. He look back at her & asked her if she had like anything to drink. Yunho grab a can of coke for himself & pour some apple juice for Yuri.

 

Yuri tried to lean forward to look at her ankle but she couldn’t get a proper look so she gave up & lean back on the sofa, “I don’t think you want to look at it right now.” Yunho said, “Not a pretty sight.” “Is it bad?” Yuri asked him, “Well, it looks big & red. Just picture a pigs leg.” Yunho told her, & they both laughed.

 

“I'm Yunho, by the way. Jung Yunho & you are?” Yunho asked, “Yuri. Yuri Kim.” Yuri replied, after her laughter died down, “A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.” Yunho replied. He saw her blush & look away, “What’s a beautiful girl like you doing here all alone? Not running away from the law, are you?” Yunho asked her, when she turn to look back at him, “No. I hope tha’t doesnt apply for yourself.” She replied, giggling “I’m here with my sister & friend. I wonder where they are at. God, they must be worried. What time is it?” She asked anxiously.

 

“Its five pm now. How long have you been here?” Yunho asked her, “Where are your friends staying? What cabin?” Yuri looked at him. She had no idea, ‘When did I arrive here?’ She asked herself. She didnt know nor did she know what cabin they had stop at, ‘Oh, god. Poor Taeyeon, she must be so worried.’ She could picture a teary Taeyeon roaming around the forest looking for her, “I have to no idea which cabin it is since its my friends friends cabin. I have to find them & tell them that I’m safe. My sister must be worried sick right now.” Yuri tried to get up but she wince at the pain her ankle gave her.

 

Yunho set down his can of coke & rush over to her, “Don’t move. Your in no state to move. I will look for them for you but can you describe them to me? I know the forest better than you & you need to keep your feet up.” Yuri describe Taeyeon & Changmin as best as she could. Yunho covered Yuri with a blanket & told her to stay put & wait for the doctor. He didn’t want to leave her alone but she was worried about her friends. If he didn’t look for them, he was sure she would, even if she had to crawl, her stubborness told him so.

 

Yunho hadn’t been gone for long when Changmin & Taeyeon turned up. They were surprises to see Yuri sound asleep on the sofa. Taeyeon & Changmin had went out to look for her earlier but didn’t have any luck. They had started to panic & decided to return to the cabin to see if she had return & thank god she was. Taeyeon walked over & patted Yuri on the shoulder to wake her up. Yuri stirred & open her eyes, “He found you.” Yuri said, smiling up at her. Taeyeon looked at her & raises one of her thick brows, “What are you talking about?” Taeyeon asked her confusedly.

 

Yuri looked around to search for Yunhi but he wasn’t anywhere. She only saw Taeyeon & Changmin who was standing in the doorway, “How did you guys know that I was here?” Yuri asked them. Both, Changmin & Taeyeon stared at her as if she was insane, “Yuri, are you feeling alright?” Taeyeon asked frantically, as she reach out to feel her sister's forehead. Changmis walked over to her & gently sqeezed her cheeks, “Ow!” Yuri screamed, as she pushed his hands away, “Just checking to see if your awake or not.” Changmin said to her, smiling.

 

“Of course, I’m awake, you fool, & you haven’t answered my question yet.” Yuri said, as she rub her cheeks, “Yuri, your not making any senses. Do you know where you are?” Taeyeon asked her, & look up at Changmin with a worried expression, “I don’t know. I had an accident & twisted my ankle & he carried me here.” Yuri said to them. As soon as they heard about her ankle, both shot up & went to look at her ankle. Taeyeon let out a gasps as she saw the swollen foot.

 

“Good god that looks ugly Yuri. We better get it looked at now.” Changmin said, as he bent down to pick her up. Yuri tried to tell them that she was alright, that a doctor was on his way but they weren’t paying attention to her. Yuri didn’t want to leave just yet. She wanted to see Yunho again, wanted to thank him. Yuri looked around as she was carried outside, hopeing to catch a glimpses of Yunho but he wasn’t there. She felt a sudden sadness like something was missing as the car pulled out of the driveway.

 

Yuri lean against the car window & let out a sigh. She realize now that the cabin she had been resting in was the same cabin that she had explored that morning. She figured that Yunho was Changmin’s friend but how come she had never met him before? She knew most of Changmin’s friends but she couldn’t recall ever meeting Yunho, beside this one time, “So, who was the guy?” Yuri heard Taeyeon ask her. Yuri looked out of the rear window as the cabin started to grow smaller & she thought she saw a figure entering the cabin. She tried to focus but the cabin vanish from her sight. Yuri turned around & saw Taeyeon looking at her. She had a worried expression on her face. Yuri just shrug her shoulder & close her eyes. She didn’t feel like talking anymore.


Yunho looked at the empty sofa & rush outside to search for Yuri. He ran a hand through his short brown hair as he looked around. Had she been foolish enough to had gone out searching by herself? If she had, she wouldn’t had gotten far & he would have seen her if she had, knowing how painful her leg was, he would have heard her so where was she? Then, Yunho remember the doctor, ‘He must have taken her with him.’ Yunho let out a sigh of relief, knowing that she was in good hand. Now, why was that? How could he feel so much for someone he had just only met? Yunho didn’t know the answer. He closed his eyes & saw her face.