Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 55

 

Yunho had wanted to take Yuri to the stream where they first met but then, he didn't want anyone to disturb them. He knew that that would be the first place they would search for him so he had decided to take Yuri to the cliff on the other side of the forest. Yunho held Yuri in his arms as they both stared up at the sky. The sun would be up soon and a new day would begin, yet Yunho felt as though his world was ending, "Are you afraid?" Yunho asked Yuri, resting his chin on her shoulder, "No. How can I be afraid when your holding me? Your arms make me feel so safe and protected. There's no place for fear." Yuri turn and smiled up at him, "Do you remember the poem I wrote for you?" Yunho asked her, "Yes. The hugs you give feel forever. The kisses you give touch forever. The look in your eyes says forever. How long will forever be? Only forever can see. Forever is everlasting, timeless, an eternity, without a beginning and without an end. How could I forget?" Yuri said, reaching out to his cheeks.

 

"Forever. Yuri, I want you to know that no matter what happens, we will forever be together. Nothing will ever seperate us ever again, not even death." Yunho softly kissed her forehead, "Yunho Oppa, I love you. I can't bear to think of the suffering that you will go through when I'm gone but promise me you will be strong for me and live. Don't let go. It would break my heart. I want you to be happy." Yuri said. Yunho turn away from Yuri and looked up towards the sky. He didn't want to make a promise that he couldn't keep. How could he continue to live when she was no longer here with him? His life was built around her. When she leaves, there would be no meaning in his life. It would be empty. There would be nothing left in this world for him. When she leaves, he would be there. He wouldn't let her face death alone. He was going to follow her. They would continue their love on the otherside. Yuri closed her eyes and leaned against Yunho's chest. Yuri wasn't afraid of death. Yunho made her feel no fear but warmth and safetyness. As her body is wrapped within the essence of his love, she could feel the passion and love between them. She knew that deep within her heart, Yunho will forever remain a part of her. Even though they would now be taking different paths, Yuri knew that in time, they will again, fall in love. She didn't know why she felt this way but she had a feeling that someday, somewhere, somehow, they will again, be together. If it is not in this lifetime then it will be in another but until then, she would continue her journey with him in her heart and she will continue to hunger for his love. The journey would be lonely without him beside her.

 

"Its so beautiful. This is the first time I have ever seen the sunrise." Yuri said, reaching her hands out as though she could actually touch the sun. Yuri felt a tear slid down her cheek as she realize that this would be her last time too, "If you think this is lovely then wait until you see the sunset. I think you would had love it even more. Oh Yuri, I should have taken you here earlier. There's still a lot of things I want to do with you." Yunho said, tightening his arms around her, "Oppa, I know. There's a lot of things we both want to do and share and we could have done a lot if only I hadn't been so foolish. I have wasted so much precious time. I'm so sorry Oppa." Yuri said, as more tears rolled down her cheeks. Yunho brushed her tears away with his fingers.

 

Yuri felt like a fragile doll in his arms. She was so pale and white. He wanted to pinch her cheeks to bring colours back into them. Yunho choked on his tears as he looked down at her. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was becoming weaker. She was dying and there was nothing he could do. He felt so hopeless, so lost. She was slipping away from him and all he could do was watch. Pain and anger swept inside of him. He couldn't help her. How he wished he could give his life in return for hers. Yunho pulled her close as fear ate at him. He wanted to be strong for her, yet the thought of losing her weaken him, 'Why?' He asked himself silently, 'Why her?' A thousand time, yet no answer, 'Oh god, please spare her? Take me, please?' He pleaded silently. He reach out and her pale face. How will he live without her when she had been the center of his life?

 

He watched her fight for life with every breath she took. He saw the pain form on her face. How he wanted to sooth her, to take away the pain. Tears of heartache and anguish flowed down his cheeks and landed on her pale face. Yuri felt Yunho's tears on her face and she had to fight for strength to open her eyes. She could see the pain in his eyes and it broke her heart. She would have given anything in the world to take away his pain. He was trying to hide his pain from her by smiling at her but she knew him too well. She knew that he was suffering. She reached out and wiped away a tear with her fragile fingers. She wanted to tell him not to cry for her but felt dry and wouldn't move. She brushed her fingers across his lips and felt them qiver. Yuri felt her eyes closing and tried to force them to stay open but they were getting heavy and then she couldn't. As though they had a life of their own, they closed against her will. Yunho held her fingers in his hands and put them to his cheeks, softly running it along his checks and started to rock her softly.

 

Yunho knew what Yuri wanted to say to him, even though she didn't say a word. He knew she didn't want to see him in pain. She wanted him to keep on living, had made him promise to keep living and he had promised only to ease her burden but how could he live without her when she was his world, life and soul? Now, he would be all alone, without a soul, without a heart. How can his heart continue to beat when the only thing that had kept it alive was now leaving him? 'God! Why bring us together then to tear us apart?! What cruel game are you playing?! Please don't take her from me?! I need her! I can't live without her! If you take her then take me too, for I can't continue to live in this world without her! If you take her then you must take me also, for I will not let you seperate us!' Yunho cried inside himself. Yunho felt Yuri's breathing getting weaker and he held her tighter, believing that that would give her strength. Everything around him went silent. It was like the whole forest was in mourning with him. It was as if they were experiencing his grief, sorrow and affected by the pain that grew greater as Yuri's breathing grew weaker. Yunho closed his eyes and tried to recall the wonderful time he and Yuri had shared together in this forest, the place that had brought them together and now was seperating them.

 

Yuri felt Yunho's tighten his hold on her. Did he know that her time was up? Was he trying to hold onto her, hoping that he could prevent her death? "Oh Oppa, how you must be hurting." Her soft painful voice dragged him back from his thoughts. He looked down at her. She tried to smile only to frown in pain. He watched her struggle for words and told her not to speak but to rest but she wanted to speak. He was afraid that these would be her last words and he didn't want to believe it. He thought that if she didn't say anything she wouldn't leave him. He heard her speak his name. Her soft voice like a melody. He loved the way she spoke his name. She said it with so much love that it made his eyes glisten with tears again, but he held them in.

 

"Oppa, I love you and will continue loving you for eternity. We may be in two different worlds but know that I will be by your side in spirit. Our life together was short in this lifetime but we will continue our love in the next lifetime." With those final words, she closed her eyes and her breathing ceased. Tears spilled down Yunho's cheeks as he held her tightly. He called her name and screamed up to god to bring her back but the only reply he got was the day fading into night. He sat there, rocking her in his arms. Only the howling wind was his comfort, "Yuri, how could you think that I could continue to live without you? Yuri, I know I promised you that I will continue to live when your gone but I won't. It's not that I can't live without you, it's that I don't even want to try."

 

Yunho gathered Yuri into his arms and stood up, "Wait for me, Yuri. I will be with you soon and then we will be together and nothing will ever tear us apart again, nothing." Yunho gently kissed Yuri on the forehead as he walked closer towards the edge of the cliff. There was no fear, only anticipation. Soon, he would be with Yuri where they will be able to love with no pain, no sorrow. Yunho didn't find death terrifying but welcome it with joy because he would be with Yuri and that was the only thing that matter to him. He didn't want to continue living without her. She was his entire world. He would follow her wherever she went because to live without her was like being trap in winter, "Yuri, I'm coming. We will be together again. Wait for me." Yunho said, as he took his last step forward.

 

"Hey, are you guys ready?" Taeyeon asked, as she looked down at her light pink/gold kate spade new york 'metro' crystal bezel heart dial watch, "Come on, guys! We are running late!" Taeyeon cried, tapping her feet on the floor, "Okay, okay! Geez, what's the rush?! Its not as if Yunho and Yuri are going to go anywhere!" Jinwoon cried, "No, but I want to see them. Its been eight months already and I miss them so much." Taeyeon said, opening the door. Everyone filed out and climbed into the car, "We will see you up at the cabin!" Taeyeon shouted out to her parents, "Okay!" Her father shouted back.

 

Taeyeon looked at the cabin. She went inside and looked around. A lot of things had happened here. Happy and sad. Some too painful to even think about. Changmin put his arms around Taeyeon, "I know its painful but let it go. Come on, Yunho and Yuri are waiting for us." Changmin said, grabbing Taeyeon's hands in his and leading her outside.

 

"Hey, guys. I miss you so much. I bet you missed me, too." Taeyeon said, trying to hold the tears that was threatening to escape, "Taeyeon, its alright to cry." Changmin said, squeezing her shoulder, "Oh Changmin Oppa, I still can't accept that their gone. I miss them so much." Taeyeon cried, as she lean into Changmin, "I know, I miss them too, but we have to learn to accept their death." Changmin said, as his eyes too, were filled with tears, "We could have save Yunho if only Eunchae had told us earlier. Its all her fault. I will never forgive her." Taeyeon cried, "Taeyeon, I don't think Yunho would have wanted to live without Yuri. He loved her too much. He would rather die then to face life without her and as for Eunchae, I think that she has recieve the punishment she deserve." Changmin said, smiling down at Taeyeon, "Yeah. I mean, she didn't really want to harm them. I guess she was really obsess with Yunho, enough to lose her mind. I wonder how she is doing in the mental insitution?" Taeyeon asked, not really caring, "Yunho's death drove her over the line of her sanity." Jinwoon said, coming from behind them. Jinwoon place a bouquet of red and white roses on Yunho and Yuri's grave, "Well, at least Yunho and Yuri found each othter and are together now. Even if they are in the spirit world." Jinwoon said, touching his brothers grave stone, "I bet you they are happy and smiling down upon us."

 

After a couple more minutes of visiting Yuri and Yunho, they headed back to the cabin to wait for their parents arrival. What they didn't see while walking away was two white butterflies, coming to land on top of the grave stone, next to each other.

 

A/N: thank you to all of you guys for reading and supporting me throughout writing my fanfics, i really appreciate it and sorry to say that this is the end of this story. even though it was a sad ending, i hope it was still good enough since i didn't make Yuri died alone :P

stay tuned to another fanfic from me next week <3