Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 11

 

Yuri sat at her desk & rubbed her eyes. She was tired & was fighting to keep her eyes open. She turned to look at the clock hanging on the wall to see that it was eight. She had been at work for eleven hours. She had been three hours late this morning & her boss hadn’t been happy & had given her a lecture, “We are running a law firm which is always busy. Our client count on us to do everything possible to see to their benefits. How would you like it if your case isn’t prepared & finish when you need it in court or when you need it to complete a deal on time? Our clients comes to us because they trust us & rely on us to protect them. We work on trust & if they can’t trust us then we lose client & if we lose clients, who will pay for your wages. Don’t ever let this happen again.” After his lecture, he told her that she had to stay back to make up for the lost time & on top of that, given her extra work. She still had heaps to do. She wouldn’t be finish until roughly ten. Well, she estimated around there but looking at the pile of paper work on her desk, it said otherwise. Yuri stood up & stretch herself. Her shoulders were aching & her long, flawless legs were becoming numb. She sat back down & pulled off her black mixed rope strappy wedge, stretch her hands forward & then return to her work.

 

Yuri waited for her taxi outside her workplace. It was cold now as the wind was blowing her hair around. She reach up & pulled her hair in her hand & twisted it into a bun. That’s better but now that her hair was up, her ears began to freeze. Damn, where is that taxi?! Yuri began to think that she would freeze before the taxi arrive. Yuri saw a car approaching. She couldn’t tell if it was a taxi or not but she hope it was. The light was shining in her eyes so she had to squint her eyes as it came closer but to her disappointment, it wasn’t her taxi.

The green audi a4 passed her then it reversed back towards her. Yuri began to panic. She grab her black fossil sydney tote handbag tightly in her hands, ready to use it as a weapon. The car stopped in front of her but she couldn’t see inside then the window on the passenger side rolled down & Yuri froze. Of all the people in the world, why did it have to be Yunho? He was leaning over, towards the passenger side, staring at her, smiling. Yuri dropped her bag & tore her eyes away from him to bent down to gather her stuff which had scattered around her feet. She heard the door open & then close. Oh god, he was coming towards her. She could see his leg making its way towards her. Why couldn’t he just drive off? Why did he have to get out? She didn’t want to be close to him. She didn’t turn to look at him when he stopped in front of her & pretended not to notice him but it was impossible since he had bent down to help pick up her stuff. When everything was back in her bag, she stood up & tried to avoid his eyes. She wanted to walk off but she couldn’t, after all, she owe him a thank you since he was nice enough to help her retrieve her stuff.


“Thank you.” Yuri said, still avoiding his eyes. She knew he was looking at her as she felt his eyes on her, “You don’t have to thank me, it was my pleasure.” Yunho said to her, still looking at her. He couldn’t believe that he was actually standing here with her. He hadn’t notice her at first. If he hadn’t looked back through his rear window just as she was looking away from his car he would have missed her, wouldn’t have noticed her but thank god he did, “What are you doing here alone at this time? Do you know how dangerous it is for a girl to be alone, especially this late at night?” Yunho asked her. He was a bit angry at her for being so careless. It was dangerous at night. She could have been attacked or worse. How foolish of her not to know the danger that night brings. Yuri heard the anger in his tone & didn’t know what had cause it so she turned to look at him then looked away again, because just looking at him brought butterflies back in her stomach, “I just finish work so I’m waiting for my taxi.” Yuri replied, her grip on her handbag tighten. She prayed that the taxi would come soon.


“What? Your telling me you just finish work? Its eleven-fifty, for christ sake.” Yunho said, surprised, running a hand through his hair. What crazy workplace was this to keep a girl working this late? Damn, he was piss off, ‘Why the hell am I piss?’ Yunho asked himself, but got no answer, “I usually finish at eight but I was late & had to make up for it & there was so much I had to do so I didn’t get it completed until now.” Yuri told him, explaining the late hour since he seem quite upset about the time. Now, why was he upset? Yuri didn’t have a clue, “I will drive you home if you like.” Yunho said, after a long silence between them. Yuri turned to him. She didn’t expect him to offer to drive her home but had hope he would get in his car & drive off. How was she going to reject his offer? She couldn’t let him drive her home. He would know where she lives. How the hell was she going to avoid him if he could always rock up at her house?!

 

“No. I mean, its nice of you to have offered but I have already called for a taxi & it wouldn’t be nice to the driver if he turns up & no one's here.” Yuri said, & smile at him, hoping that he wouldn’t be hurt by her refusal to let him drive her home, “I don’t think he would mind since it happens all the time. Come on, I’m not busy & I’m here & not the taxi so please let me drive you home? I hate to leave you here alone & if anything happens to you, I don’t think I could ever forgive myself.” Yunho said to her. He was determine to drive her home. He wanted to find out where she lives. After all, he had been searching for her for so long he wasn’t going to let her vanish like last time. Yunho noticed she was shivering & pulled off his black american rag trevor solid full-zip jacket & draped it around her. She didn’t move away. She just smile at him then look away. Why was she avoiding him? She wouldn’t even look him in the eye. Was he that scary? No, it couldn’t be. He knew that but he senses that she was nervous.


“If you won’t let me drive you home then allow me to stay here with you until your taxi arrive?” Yunho would simply follow behind the taxi, as long as he found out where she lives. It didn’t matter how he did it, “No, its alright. I will be fine. You don’t have to stay here with me.” Yuri said to him. Why couldn’t he just leave? Why must he make things more complicated? Yuri sneezed, “Bless you.” Yunho said, “See, if you don’t get in my car where is nice & warm you will catch a cold & if you refuses me one more time, I will simply have to carry you, screaming or kicking, either way, I will get you in my car so what’s your choice?” Yunho said to her. She saw his serious expression & then a hint of humour appeared only to then be replace by that serious expression again. Yuri felt his hands come around her shoulder. He was actually going to carry her. She step away from him & walked towards his car. Yunho ran after her & open the passenger door for her. She got in & didn’t even look at him.


“Will you show me the direction? I’m kind of new on these road. Don’t want to get lost & make a fool out of myself.” Yunho said, smiling at her as he fasten his seatbelt. Yuri was trying to think of a way to get out of this situation. There was no way she would let him know where she live but how was she going to do that? She didn’t know. She needed to come up with a plan but thanks to Yunho, he gave her the opportunity, “Your shivering. I know the perfect thing to warm you up with. How about coffee then home? What do you say?” Yunho asked her, as he started the engine. Yuri didn’t feel like coffee but the delay would be good. At least it would give her time to think & work out a plan to escape from Yunho. Well, actually, she wanted to spend more time with him. She was trying to fight the feelings that he again, had started up inside of her. She nodded & turn to look out of the window.


“Why did you leave?” Yunho asked her, over their coffee. They were sitting at a table in the corner of the coffee shop called piano cafe. Yuri was surprises by his question. She was taken by surprises by the tone he said it in as she felt the hurt in his voice. She didn’t know how to answer. She couldn’t tell him the truth. She didn’t reply & didn’t look at him but focus on her coffee, “I woke up & you were gone. Did you know I actually search the forest, hoping that you would be there but you weren’t there? Did I do something wrong?” Yunho reached over to place his hand on hers but Yuri pulled her hand away & pretended to drink her coffee, “If I did, please tell me?” Yunho continue to ask her, “You didn’t do anything wrong.” Yuri said, as she set her cup back down, “Then why did you leave? I thought that what we shared was wonderful. I don’t understand. I like you Yuri & I want to continue seeing you.” Yunho said, looking at her. He held her eyes & wouldn’t look away.

 

Yuri blush & force herself to look away. His confession that he like her warmed her heart. He wanted to continue seeing her? Oh, she wanted that too, but it wouldn’t be possible. She couldn’t allow it to happen. He like her but he didn’t love her. She suddenly felt sad, ‘Why are you so sad? If he only likes you then it would be easy for him to forget you.’ Her little voice said, but it still hurts, ‘Get over it. You know that its not possible. You will only end up hurting him. Leave him now when his feelings aren’t deep. Don’t hurt him. You know you don’t have the time for relationship. How will he cope with your death? Will you put him through that pain?’ Her little voice tried to warn her & it worked.

 

“Yunho Oppa, what happen between us was special & will always be treasured in my heart but I can’t be with you. Please don’t ask me why? Please understand that I’m thinking for you. I don’t want to hurt you & please, trust me when I say that. There are things in life that are better left as they are so let’s not give into the opportunity to cause us any pain.” Yuri bit her pink bottom lips. Yunho was looking at her confuses. Why did she think that she would hurt him? Why did she believe that being with her would cause him pain? Right now, he was feeling pain. Ever since she left him, he was in pain. Wasn’t he already feeling pain? So what would another bit of pain do? He didn’t care, he just wanted to be with her so why won’t she let him into her life & why was she fighting him? He could tell that she felt the same towards him. She spoke with such pain & he saw the tears glittering in her eyes. She was fighting them but why? “Yuri, if you don’t give us a chance, how do you know what will happen? Why are you so sure you will cause me pain? We don’t know what will happen. Pain or happiness, I’m willing to take a gamble. I have to tell you. Ever since you left me, all I felt is emptiness. I ache for you more then I have ever ache for anyone. My feelings for you are strong, so strong that I can’t even think about anything else but you. Yuri, don’t fight your feelings? I know that you feel the same way about me, I can see it in your eyes so give me a chance to prove that we can be together & be happy. I'm already in pain. Being away from you is painfully enough so give us both a chance, give our feelings a chance to grow Yuri?” Yunho said, reaching out for her hands again, & not letting her pull them back this time.

 

Yuri couldn’t fight her tears anymore. She wanted to be with him so much, to love him & share her life with him but how could she? Her future was short. She didn’t know how long she would live for. How could she give them a chance? How could she give their feelings a chance to grow when her life was like a ticking bomb? There wouldn’t be time. How could she bear to let him fall in love with her then to leave him alone? How will he survive the pain? To find love then to lose it. What kind of a human being would she be to do that to him? No, she couldn’t give into her feelings. She couldn’t cause him pain. What he feels now wasn’t love & it would be easy for him to move on.


Yuri pulled her hand away from his hold & wipe the tear that had managed to escape from her eyes. She turned to look at him & force herself not to look away, “Oppa, I’m sorry if I have lead you to believe that I had any feelings for you. I don’t feel anything towards you. What happen back at the cabin was just a casusal fling. I do that a lot so don’t be foolish to think there’s more to it when theres’s nothing. I was being nice before when I said it was special. I didn’t want to hurt your feelings so please get over me & move on? There is no chance for us. Excuse me but I have to leave now.” Yuri didn’t wait for him to speak as she stood up & ran out of the shop.


Yunho sat staring at her empty seat. She didn’t feel the same way he felt towards her? It was just a fling to her, nothing more but why did she cried? She was lying. Yunho bolted from his seat & chased after her but he was too late. She had already climb into a taxi as he reached the door. He ran towards her & tried to stop her but the taxi had already pulled away from the curb but he didn’t give up the chased but it didn’t stop it with him running after it. The distance grew further as Yunho fell onto the ground, on his knees, breathless. He watch it speed off then vanished.


Yunho didn’t get up. He stayed on his knees, looking hopeless straight ahead. Yuri had left his life again, & the emptiness that he had felt the first time she had left was back again, but he wouldn’t give up. He would find her & show her that they were meant for each other. He wouldn’t let her fight him, fight their feelings. He was going to be in Korea longer than he had intended & he didn’t care. There was nowhere else he rather be right now. Work could wait since he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on work. How could he when she was always on his mind?