Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 14

 

“Yunho Oppa!” Yuri cried out. He was leaning against the tree, near the stream in the forest where they first met. When he heard her voice, he turn around, smiled at her & held out his hand. She ran to him as he embraced her. With tears streaming down her eyes, she wrap her arms around him & held onto him tightly, “Oh Oppa, I thought I would never see you again.” Yuri cried in his chest.

 

Yunho her hair & didn’t say anything. Yuri pulled away from him & looked up at him. He was still smiling at her. Was she really with him? He didn’t look hurt, making Yuri confused. He didn’t look like he had been in an accident. Yuri reach out to touch his face but she didn’t feel any warmth. He was cold as there was no life in his eyes, “Oppa, your so cold.” Yuri told him. He didn’t reply but kept smiling at her then he turn & walked away from her. Yuri tried to grab him but her hand went through him instead. Yuri’s blood drain from her face as she fell to her knees, “Oppa, please don’t go?! Stay with me please?! I need you so don’t leave me!” Yuri cried out, after him.

 

Yunho stop & looked over his shoulder at Yuri, smile at her once more then raise his hand & waved goodbye then continue to walk away, “Wait!” Yuri shouted, “Wait Oppa! You can’t leave me! Please?! Don’t you want to give our feelings a chance to grow, don’t give up on me please?! Not when I want us to be together so much!” Yuri shouted out to him, but he didn’t stop but keep walking then he vanish. Yuri stare into the distance. She had lost him. He was gone now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. She was supposed to be the one dying, the one leaving. How foolish of her to keep running from him, how foolish of her not to cherish their love while it was still possible. Now, there was nothing left. She had lost him forever & never will she get the chance to be in his arms again. Yuri realize now that life was nothing if you couldn’t be with the one you love, even if you had only one hour to live, you would want to spend it with the one you love but she hadn’t done that, she had run instead. Now, it was too late. Too late for her to change her action, too late for her to stop running. Everything was too late & it hurts knowing that she had made the wrong choice.

 

Yuri slowly open her eyes & tried to focus but she had to blink a couple of times. Someone was staring down at her but she couldn’t see properly since her eyes hadn’t focus yet. She closed them again, then reopen them to see Changmin, “Where am I?” Yuri said. was dry. She tried to sit up but her whole body was weak so Changmin had to help her sit up, “Your in the hospital.” Changmin told her, “My parents.” Yuri tried to say more but was too dry to speak, “I didn’t call them. I know you wouldn’t want to scare them.” Changmin said, as he sat down next to her on the bed. Yuri smiled at him, thankful to him for not calling her parents. Yuri turn to the table & tried to reach for the class of water. Changmin saw what she was trying to do & reach out for it & brought it to her lips as she drank every drop of it.

 

“How long have I been here?” Yuri asked him, “You have been unconscious for fifteen hours, Yul. I know you don’t want to worry your parents but they should be told.” Changmin said, placing the glass back on the table, “No, Changmin Oppa. Please? I don’t want to scare them. Besides, I’m alright now. I rather they not know. I don’t want them to go through this pain again. Please promise me you won’t tell them?” Yuri said, looking at him. She touch his hand & gave it a squeeze, waiting for him to promise her. Changmin noded & gave her a smile, “How did you know I was here?” Yuri asked, “I was here to see my father but he was still busy performing a surgery. I was about to leave when I saw a nurse carrying you so I stayed. I thought I was going to lose you Yul! I was so scared!” Changmin cried out. Yuri lean forward & gave him a hug. She too, was scared, afraid that she would never see him & her family again. Life was so precious, she would enjoy every day of it from now on.

 

Yuri started to cry. Life was precious but now, Yunho was gone. It was too late for her to share her life with him. If only she hadn’t run from him, had accepted him when he was still there with her but now, it was too late. Too late to stop running, just when she learnt the meaning of life when the one she love & wanted to share it with was gone. She would never forgive herself for the foolish choice she had chosen. Life wouldn’t be the same without him. How will she ever stop these pain from growing? Will they heal or will she carry this pain forever? “Yuri, your alright now, hush, everything’s is going to be alright.” Changmin tried to comfort her, “Everything’s not going to be alright Oppa! I will never get to see him again! I made a stupid choice & now, I have to live with it! How am I going to survive now that I have lost him forever?!” Yuri shouted at him, & pulled away from him. Changmin didn’t know what she was talking about. He thought she had been upset because of her heart but that didn’t seem to be the problem. She was talking about someone. Changmin looked at her. She was crying & looking down at her hands that were place on her lap, “Yuri, I don’t understand. Who won’t you be able to see anymore? Who’s gone?” Changmin asked, as he lifted her face up to his.

 

“Yunho. Yunho’s gone. He left me without giving me the chance to let him know how much I love him. Why did I push him away? Why didn’t I hold onto him when I had the chance?” Yuri cried, as she looked at Changmin. He saw the pain in her eyes but he wasn’t understanding her. Yunho? Why was she talking about Yunho as though he was dead? & how did she know Yunho? He was confused, “Yuri, Yunho isn’t dead. He’s still alive but unconscious.” Changmin told her. Yuri stared at him in disbelief. It can’t be. She felt how cold he was. He had walked away from her, wave goodbye. It was a dream but he had said goodbye to her. Didn’t that mean he was leaving her forever, “He isn’t dead? But...But he waved goodbye to me.” Yuri said, searching Changmin’s brown, almond-shaped eyes to see if he was telling her the truth or was he just trying to comfort her, “Yuri, if the Yunho you are talking about is the one that I know then yes, he’s alive. He’s only eight rooms away from yours. If you don’t believe me, I will take you there to see for yourself.” Changmin said. He picked Yuri up in his arms & carried her to Yunho’s room.

 

Yuri let out a gasps. The sight of Yunho was so painful for her to see. He was so pale, his head was bandage up & there was dry blood on his lips though it had been clean up but there was still hints of blood on his lips where it had been cut. His small, oval-shaped face was all bruised up, purple & red, against the white sheets. Changmin set Yuri down on the seat next to Yunho’s bed & watch her reach out to Yunho & gently his cheek while he watch in confusion. How did Yuri know Yunho when they had never met? Well, that was to his knowledge but she touch him as if she knew him quite well, looked at him with pain & love. Strange, it was so strange.

 

Was Yuri the reason Yunho was staying in Korea? Was she the women that had causes Yunho to forget about his work? Changmin had figured that Yunho was staying behind because of a girl but never thought that it would be Yuri. How strange. Changmin continue to watch Yuri as she held onto Yunho’s hand. She was whispering to him but Changmin couldn’t hear what she was saying then she kiss his hand & place it back under the blanket.


“Will he be alright?” Yuri asked Changmin, turning her gaze at him, “He’s unconscious but the doctor don’t know when he will wake up. I’m sorry Yul, but he was hurt pretty badly. They thought he wouldn’t pull through but he did. The only thing we can do now is pray & hope that he will wake up soon.” Changmin said, giving her shoulder a tight squeeze, “He will.” Yuri said, as she reach up to pat his hand. Changmin heard the sureness in her voice as she said it & he didn’t know why but he actually believe her.