Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 10

 

“You can expect a clear sky today, more sunshine.” Yuri’s radio alarm went off. Yuri slightly open her eyes & peer at the mickey mouse alarm when it blink back at her. Yuri reach over & turned it off, ‘How can it be six already? God, I feel tired. How am I going to survive today?’ Yuri asked herself, while she forced herself out of bed. Should she call in & pretended she was sick? It was tempting but she didn’t because she decided that work would be a good distraction for her not to think of Yunho. Taeyeon was still sound asleep. Yuri pulled the blanket off of her but she didn’t even bulge. God, she wish she was a deep sleeper like Taeyeon. Even if the house was falling down, Taeyeon would sleep through it. Yuri walked over to Taeyeon’s side & spanked her on the . This woke her up immediately. She sat up & rubbed her eyes then stared at Yuri, “Geez, I wish you had stop using that tactic to wake me up. At least, you could have just shook me or something.” Taeyeon said, rubbing her bottom, ‘Yeah, right.’ Yuri said to herself. She knew that shaking Taeyeon wouldn’t work. She has, after all, done it a million of times that was why she had resorted into spanking her because it worked all the time.


“Come on, wake up or you will be late for work.” Yuri said, heading for her wardrobe to pull out her outfit, “Hurry up Taeyeon. I don’t want to be late okay? Get out of bed before I smack you again.” Yuri said, as she place the black ¾-sleeve striped colorblock dress on the end of the bed, “Okay okay, I'm awake.” Taeyeon said, as she crawl out of bed & went back to her room. Yuri tidy her bed up & then took a shower. Yuri studied herself in front of the mirror. She wasn’t beautiful nor pretty but plain. Her hair wasn’t that long & boring & her eyes which really were her best feature or so she used to think were brown & big & to top all that off, her features were rather plain, not ugly by any means but not what one would call pretty either. Plain did describe them very well.

 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was beautiful. They were like night & day. There was no comparison between the two of them. Young men flocked over Taeyeon & she didn’t even need to do anything because they were entranced by her beauty but how could they not be? She had beautiful hair & lovely eyes. You couldn’t be much more fashionable than that but she also had the most exquisitely lovely features & a figure that was eye catching. Yuri now, could claim none of those appealing attributes. Actually, Yuri possessed beautiful features but she just didn’t realize that guys were attracted to her but it was her distance that drove them away. She had thought it was because she was too plain that guys weren’t attracted to her. Because of her illness, she never really gave anyone a chance to get near her. She didn’t even realize that she was pushing them away.

 

“So, care to tell me why you were calling Yunho Oppa’s name in your sleep last night?” Taeyeon casually asked, as she poured herself a glass of apple juice. Yuri choked on her tea. She cough so hard she thought she would die. Taeyeon put the juice carton down & started to pat Yuri on the back. When Yuri’s cough died down, she return to fill her glass up again. Yuri place her glass on the bench & tried to avoid Taeyeon’s eyes. Had she been calling Yunho’s name? She didn’t know what to say. God, she hadn’t been able to get him out of her mind last night. She even dreamt of him. He had appeared in her dreams, loving her. They were so happy then the dream became horrible. Yuri was lying in her coffin & Yunho was beside her, crying. She had been trying to call to him from her coffin to tell him that she wasn’t dead, that she was alive but he wasn’t listening to her, he just kept crying.


“Yunho? I actually said his name?” Yuri asked, still surprised that she had spoken his name in her sleep, “Yeah, like a million of times & you were wiggling around on the bed so much I thought you were having another seizure & of course, I panicked but when I shook you, you stop wiggling & went back to sleep so I assume you were either having a bad dream. After you stop wiggling, I went back to sleep myself only to hear you call his name like eight more times before you went silent again, so what’s going on?” Taeyeon said, looking at her quizzically, only to look away when she brought her glass up to drink.


“I don’t know why I was calling him. I’m as shock as you are over me calling his name. Maybe its because you were talking about him so much last night that his name was stuck inside my head. Next time, do me a favour & don’t bring up any guy your interested in. Save me from being haunted by them in my sleep.” Yuri tried her best to explain the situation but it sounded fake but she hope Taeyeon would just leave it at that but she didn’t, she just had to say one more thing but luckily, Yuri had the answer to that, “I don’t see you calling Changmin Oppa’s name & I mention him a lot last night, too.” Taeyeon said, now looking at her again, “That’s because Changmin Oppa doesn’t need to haunt me in my sleep. He already does that when I’m awake.” Yuri replied, please with herself for coming up with that, “Come on, let’s go.” Yuri said, before Taeyeon could ask her anymore questions.


“Have you seen the car keys?” Yuri asked Taeyeon, who answered her with a shrug. The car key wasn’t in its usual place since the key holder was empty. Then, Yuri tried to remember where she had put it. Normally, she would have hang it on the key holder. Both girls started to search around then it hit Yuri. She knew where the car keys were. She had thrown it in her car yesterday. She ran outside & looked inside the passenger side & there they were, lying on the seat. Yuri cursed herself for being so foolish. It hadn’t seem foolish yesterday. It had actually been a good idea at the time, “No need to try. The doors are lock.” Yuri said to Taeyeon, as she tried to open the door, “How the hell did the keys end up in the car? It seems like we are going to be late after all.” Taeyeon said, over her shoulder as she went back inside. Yuri leaned her back against the car & took in a deep breath. It was going to be a long day, knowing she would have to stay back late at work to make up for her lateness.