Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 39

 

The next morning, Yunho woke up to find Yuri gone. She had made the bed & had left a note on the bedside table, saying 'Yunho Oppa, I'm really sorry about last night.' Yunho looked at the piece of paper and sigh. Why was she apologizing to him? And why didn't she write where she was going? Yunho pulled out his mobile and dialed her number, "The phone you are calling isn't available right now. Please try again later." The operator said. Yunho let out a curse and fell back onto the bed. Bringing the piece of paper up to read again, Yunho sat up and focus on the handwritting. This wasn't Yuri's handwriting. It was more curvey. Yuri's handwriting were normally more straight. Yunho stared at the piece of paper for a long time and shook his head to clear his mind but he couldn't shake the feeling of uneasyiness from his mind. There was something different about his wife. She seem to be a totally different person last night. She wasn't herself. She had been so tense and jumpy around him last night. Yunho remembered their kiss. It had been different also. The way she had responded to his kiss was like it was her first time. It was as though she was a new person. Yunho ran his fingers through his hair & sigh, "Yunho, your thinking too much." He said to himself.

 

"Morning." Yuri greeted Eunchae, as she entered. Eunchae tried to hide her guilt & smiled at Yuri, "Morning. How are you feeling?" She asked, as she sat down on the chair next to the bed, "I feel absolutely wonderful." Yuri said, smiling then she sigh, "Actually, I hate it here. This place makes me depress and I miss my husband so much. How is he? Did he suspect anything? Was he worried?" Yuri asked her in a rush. Eunchae couldn't bring her eyes to look at Yuri as guilt was eating at her as she recalled what had happen between Yunho and her. She wanted to forget it but she couldn't. Her body had responded to Yunho's touch and she couldn't fight the feelings he had stirred in her.

 

"What's wrong, Eunchae? What happened?" Yuri asked her, with concern. Yuri lifted her sister's face up to look at her and saw that her eyes were moist like she was about to cry, "Eunchae, what's wrong? Your about to cry." Yuri said to her, searching her face for something, "I'm not crying. Something blew into my eyes, that's all. Nothing is wrong." Eunchae said, rubbing her eyes & giving Yuri a big smile, "How is my husband? Was he worried when you saw him?" Yuri asked again, "He was really worried. He grab me into his arms as soon as I walked through the door. He was really concern & wanted to know where you had been." Eunchae said, repeating everything that happen last night, minus the bedroom scene.

 

"Oh, I'm so sorry I put you through this, Eunchae, but don't worry, it will never happen again." Yuri said, squeeing her hands. 'Never happen again', those words made Eunchae sad. Somehow, the thought of never seeing Yunho again, made her weep inside. Eunchae force the thought aside and smiled up at her sister, "Nonsense. You got nothing to be sorry about and besides, we are sister, I would do anything for you." Eunchae said, 'You would do anything for Yuri, even replace her for good if you had the chance.' The little voice in her head said, "No." Eunchae said suddenly, out loud, causing Yuri to raise her eyebrows.

 

Eunchae sat at her desk and stared blankly at the computer screen. Yunho's face floated around inside her head, "What happen to you last night?" Came a female voice but Eunchae was so deep in her thought she didn't notice her nor heard what she was saying. A tap on her shoulder brought her back from her thought. Eunchae looked up and saw her sister standing next to her with a concern look on her face, "Sookjoo, how long have you been here?" Eunchae asked her younger sister, "Oh, you finally notice me. Eunchae, is there something wrong? You look like your on another planet." Her little sister said, taking the chair opposite of Eunchae's desk. Eunchae lean her right elbow on her desk and rested her head in her hands, "I'm just tired, Sookjoo." Eunchae said, shutting her eyes, "Hmmm, do you want me to leave?" Sookjoo asked. Eunchae notice the hurt in Sookjoo's voice and open her eyes to look at her sister, "No, stay. I need some company right now. All these paper are driving me insane." Eunchae lied. Eunchae saw her sister's face lite up & gave her a wide smile.

 

"Where were you last night? I waited all night for you but you didn't show up and didn't even give me a call. I was really disapointed." Sookjoo said, with a sad expression on her face. Eunchae realize that she had forgotton about her sister's birthday bash. She had been so absorb with Yuri and Yunho that she had actually forgotten. Eunchae reached out for Sookjoo's hands & apologize to her sister, "Hmmm, its alright. I forgive you. I know how busy you are lately. I mean, now that your taking over father's company, it must be real stressing. I want to help you, Eunchae." Sookjoo said, smiling at her sister, "Sookjoo, I know you want to help and you can once you have graduated." Eunchae smiled at her, "Where's my present? You do have a present for me, don't you?" Sookjoo asked her. Eunchae reached inside her pocket and curse, remembering that she had given the present to Yunho. Eunchae looked at her sister & grin, "I'm sorry. I didn't have time to buy you a present but I will make it up to you. I will take you shopping and you can buy whatever you want and then we can have dinner together, how does that sound?" Eunchae said to her, "Anything I want?" Sookjoo said, looking at her, "Yes, anything."

 

Yuri took in a deep breath of fresh air before she entered the cottage where she and Yunho lived now, "Yunho Oppa, I'm home." Yuri said, as soon as she step through the door. Yunho sat up from the sofa and smiled up at her. Yuri ran over to him and planted a kiss on his cheeks, "I miss you so much." She said, as she sat down next to him. Yunho pulled her into his arms and kissed her back, "I miss you, too. Where did you go?" He asked, as he released her, "Oh, I went out for a drive." Yuri said, not looking at him, hating herself for having to lie to him. Yuri noticed the crystal butterfly on the table and reached out for it, "This is so beautiful." Yuri said, looking at it. Yunho looked at Yuri and raise his eyebrow. She seem to be facinated with the butterfly. How strange. She had given it to him last night but she was acting as though she had only just seen it.

 

Yunho took the butterfly from her and place it back on the table. He took her hand in his and looked at her, "Yuri, is somthing bothering you?" Yunho aked, sqeezing her hands tightly in his, "What makes you think that something is bothering me?" Yuri asked him, turning away from him, "Its the way you have been acting since you came home last night. I don't know. Its just I feel like there was something different about you. You seem distant, nervous and tense around me. Last night when I kiss you, you responded differently as though it was the first time I have ever touch you and now, just now, your looking at the gift you gave me like you have never seen it. Don't tell me I'm thinking too much. I know when something is wrong. I feel as though your completely a different person last night." Yunho said, pulling her face back to his.

 

Yuri digested what Yunho had just said. Yunho had kissed Eunchae last night but Eunchae didn't say anything about it. She must not have wanted to upset Yuri. No wonder she was upset enough to cry. Yuri leaned into Yunho and sigh. The thought of Yunho and Eunchae kissing didn't hurt her. She knew Yunho only kissed Eunchae because he thought she was her and knew that Eunchae had only kissed him back because she had no choice, "Oh Oppa, I'm sorry I have been acting weird. I guess I'm just afraid for us. I'm afraid of leaving you here all alone to face my death. It scares me not knowing if I would wake up tomorrow and still be here. I love you so much that I don't want to see you go through this. I hate to leave you alone to deal with the pain of my death. Oppa, promise me you will live? Promise me you will not let go of life when I'm no longer apart of your life? Promise me you will live and find someone else to share your life with? I want you to fall in love again. I don't want my death to be the end of yours. It will break my heart knowing that I have cause you to live in grief and pain. Promise me you will move on?" Yuri cried, "Oppa?" Yuri pleaded, with him.

 

Yunho felt the tears escape from his eyes and slid down his cheeks. He knew that he couldn't live without Yuri and when she leaves this world, so would he. Deep in his heart, he knew that he could love no other. Yuri was the only one for him. Life would be like hell without her and he would follow her wherever she goes after death. He wouldn't let her go on into the next life alone. He would be there beside her, "I promise you that I will not let your death be the end of my life." Yunho said to her, tightening his grip around her. Yuri didn't hear Yunho's last sentence which he said to himself, "It will be the begining of a new life for us on the otherside."