Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 8

 

Yuri crept silently upstairs to her room. She didn’t turn on her light but just felt her way towards her bed & slump down on it. She had just landed on her bed when she jump back up. Her bed wasn’t empty. There was someone there, then the bedside lamp went on. There, sitting on her bed, was Taeyeon. She had a worried expression on her face while staring at Yuri, “Where the hell did you go? No, don’t answer that. What the hell happen to you? Oh god, did someone attack you? Are you alright, Yuri?” Taeyeon said in a rush. She didn’t even give Yuri a chance to reply. Taeyeon had grab onto Yuri & was trying to tidy up her hair. She was making a real fuss over Yuri.

 

Yuri bit her bottom lips & tried to hold back her tears. Taeyeon touching her hair brought back the image of Yunho. Yuri took in a deep breath & force the image out of her mind. Taeyeon noticed Yuri shaking & glance down & saw tears gathering in her eyes, “What’s wrong Yul? Why are so upset? What happen to cause you to come home looking like a rag doll? Did something horrible happen?” Yuri pulled away from Taeyeon & turned her back towards her. She didn’t want to talk about Yunho because she knew that if she just said his name, she would start crying, “Nothing happen Taeyeon. I just went out for a drive & accidently fell on our front step when coming in, that’s all, so stop worrying. Go back to bed. I’m going to take a shower.” Yuri didn’t stay to let Taeyeon ask anymore questions, making her stare after Yuri. There was something different with her tonight. She saw the pain in her sister’s eyes & she didn’t believe what Yuri had told her but she let it drop there. Besides, Yuri obviously didn’t want to talk about it so Taeyeon got up & went back to her room.

 

For the whole night, Yuri couldn’t sleep as she kept tossing in her bed. What had happen before was like a dream but her outfit told her otherwise since some of her buttons on her black long-sleeve rayon tunic blouse were missing. She had folded her outfit & put it in her drawer. She didn’t leave it out to dry, afraid that her mother will put it in the washer. She wanted to hold onto the memories of tonight. She didn’t want to wash it away. She didn’t fall asleep until the birds started singing. She didn’t know how long she had slept but it felt as though she hadn’t slept at all & was really tired when Taeyeon pulled her blanket off of her & dragged her out of bed. She tried to push Taeyeon away as she desperately needed to sleep but Taeyeon wouldn’t let her go back to sleep.


“Wake up, sleepyhead. Come on, Changmin Oppa’s downstairs waiting so get dress. He’s taking us out to breakfast.” Taeyeon said, dragging Yuri from her bed & pulling her towards the bathroom, “I'm awake, I’m awake! You can let go of me now!” Yuri cried out, still half-asleep. Yuri was about to run back to bed but Taeyeon was blocking her way, “Don’t you even think about it.” Taeyeon said, with her arms spread out. Yuri lowered her head & walked into the bathroom & closed the door.


“Good morning girls.” Changmin said, as both girls walked down the stairs. Taeyeon yelled hello back while Yuri gave him a weak smile. Changmin, Yuri & Taeyeon gave Mr & Mrs. Kim a kiss before walking out of the door & climbing into Changmin’s car. Yuri didn’t get to catch up on her sleep in the car because Changmin had the music up on high & was singing along to it. A headache was forming as she really needed to catch up on her sleep. Oh well, she had to wait until she got home later, “Hey Yul! How’s my singing?!” Changmin scream back at her, over his shoulder while Yuri replied by putting her hands over her ear. He laughed & continue to sing louder.

 

“Come on, I’m already late.” Changmin said, as he slammed the door shut. He grabbed both, Yuri & Taeyeon’s hand as he rush towards the restaurant, “Slow down, Changmin Oppa! My ankle hasn’t healed properly! You want me to sprain it again?!” Yuri shouted, & tried to slow him down. Changmin let go & then turn around, “Don’t even think about it! Don’t you dare!” Yuri shouted, & started to run away from Changmin. He started chasing her & caught up to her & picked her up in his arms & started to march back to the restaurant, “Put me down Oppa, I can walk, geez! I was just kidding! Taeyeon, could you say something besides laughing?! Put me down, you big bully!” Yuri shouted at him. Changmin didn’t put her down until they had entered the restaurant.


“I have a reservation.” Changmin said to the waiter, who met them at the door, “May I have your name, sir?” The waiter asked Changmin. Yuri looked around the restaurant. It was crowded but she spotted him right away. Yunho was sitting at a table near the window & was busy looking at what seem to be the menu. He didn’t even notice her & thank god for that. Yuri started to panic. She couldn’t stay, she had to go. Not that she wanted to but she didn’t want to take the chance because she knew she wouldn’t be able to control herself around him. It was hard enough trying to get him out of her mind at night but now seeing him made her ache for his closeness. She had to fight her urge to run to him. Instead, she told Taeyeon that she needed to use the lady's room.

 

Yunho waved his hand in the air as he spotted Changmin standing near the entrance. Changmin spotted him & told the waiter that he found his table already & strolled over to Yunho. Yunho didn’t see Yuri as she had already walked off when he spotted Changmin, “Your late like always. I don’t even know why I bother with you. Your not even a women.” Yunho said, staring at him, not to happy but it was all pretend because he was use to Changmin being late. If he ever turn up early, Yunho would think the world was going to end, “Old habit, man. Hard to break but I know you love me to wait for me.” Changmin replied, laughing as he pulled a chair out for Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon sat down & looked at Yunho. He was cute & from what had pass between him & Changmin, told her he did have a sense of humour, too. She like that in a guy. He had such nice eyes & his lips were so cute. Yunho caught her staring at him & he returned the stare which cause her to blush & look away. Yunho was used to female staring at him. He got that a lot, not that he minded but sometimes, it got on his nerves because he didn’t know if they like him for him or because of his look. It was hard to find a person who would see past his look & fall for his inner quality. Yuri appeared in his mind. She hadn’t stare. She had actually ran from him & that was the first that had ever happen to him. Normally, women would flock over him like bees to honey. When he had woken up in the cabin to find her gone, he was so surprised but then, the emptiness took over. Never had he felt that way. Normally, he wouldn’t care. He had his share in women, bedded them & then left them. He wasn’t looking for any commitment. He enjoy his freedom but since meeting Yuri, his emotions were changing as he was never afraid of loneliness until now. She had brought warmth into his heart, showed him what love was. It was amazing how she had manage to change him, without him realizing until he had woke up to find her gone. Normally, he was the one to leave, not that he would have left her if she had stayed. He use to enjoy looking at women but now, whenever he saw them, all he did was compare them to Yuri, ‘God, what have Yuri done to me?’ Yunho said to himself.


“Hello? Earth calling to Yunho. Anyone home in there?” Changmin said, as he waved his hands in front of Yunho. Yunho came back to reality & felt heat rushing up his cheeks. He immediately pulled the menu up to cover his face as he didn’t want Changmin to see him blush so he pretended he was looking at the menu. He had been so absorbed in his thought about Yuri, he had forgotten he wasn’t alone, “Aren’t you going to introduce me?” Taeyeon asked Changmin, who was trying to pull the menu away from Yunho, “Oh, I’m sorry I forgot. Taeyeon, Jung Yunho, Yunho, Kim Taeyeon.” Changmin said, gesturing his hands from Taeyeon to Yunho. Taeyeon smiled at Yunho & he return the smile. She was about to say 'Nice to meet you' when her samsung galaxy s4 started to ring, “Hello? Where are you? Are you sure your alright? Okay. I will see you when I get home. Be careful. Bye.” Taeyeon said, “Who was that?” Changmin asked her, when she hung up, “Yul. She didn’t feel good & had caught a cab home.” Taeyeon answered him, “Why didn’t she call me to take her home?” Changmin ask Taeyeon in a hurt tone, “Because she didn’t want to bother you. Besides, you know her, she can’t stand your driving & singing & that goes for me, too.” Taeyeon said, giggling “I'm not that bad. Wait until you are sitting in his car.” Changmin said, looking at Yunho. Yunho didn’t say anything, he just smiled.


"Too bad, man. I was going to introduce you to the most beautiful chick on this planet.” Changmin said, leaning back on his chair. Taeyeon turned to him & jab him in the ribs, “You want to rephrases that?” Taeyeon said to him, giggling “Ow. Okay, okay. I mean, the second most beautiful chick.” Changmin said, rubbing his side. Yunho smiled & looked at Taeyeon & said, “& I thought that there couldn’t be anyone as lovely as the girl sitting here at our table.” Which caused Taeyeon to blush again. Changmin looked from Taeyeon to Yunho. He caught Taeyeon blushing & suddenly felt jealous. He threw a warning look over to Yunho which causes Yunho to let out a roar of laughter. Yunho had to admit, Taeyeon was pretty. She had a lovely face & beautiful eyes, too. If Yunho’s feelings for Yuri wasn’t so strong, he would have actually went for Taeyeon but he knew where his feelings laid.