Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 21

 

Taeyeon wipe her tears away & hug her pillow tightly. The image of Yunho & Yuri kissing floated back into her mind & she angry tried to push it out. How could Yuri do this to her, of all people? She felt betrayed & hated Yuri. She didn’t know how to deal with the pain she was feeling. She didn’t even know if she could ever forgive Yuri since the pain was too deep. Taeyeon heard footsteps approaching her room & turn away from the door & pretended to sleep. She heard the door opening & Yuri softly calling out her name but she didn’t answer. She didn’t want to talk to Yuri, not now, not ever again.

 

Yuri call to Taeyeon but she didn’t answer so quietly walk inside & sat down on Taeyeon’s bed. She reach out to softly her sister’s hair, “I'm sorry Taeyeon. Please forgive me? I never meant to hurt you.” Yuri said, & let out a sigh, “I know that whatever I say now will not heal the pain that I have causes you. I don’t know how to explain what you saw & I wish with all my heart that I could erase the pain you are feeling right now. I hope that you will eventually be able to forgive me. Hopefully before I.” Yuri took in a deep breath. She couldn’t finish the sentence, “I'm so tired Taeyeon & I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up.” Yuri wipe her tears away.

 

Taeyeon turn around & looked at Yuri. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Why was Yuri crying? Yuri had no right to come here & think that she could ask her for her forgiveness after what she had done. Taeyeon sat up & point her long finger at Yuri, “Don’t you dare cry! Don’t you dare ask for my forgiveness! How dare you come here after what you did today?! I will never forgive you! Never you hear me! I hate you! Get out! Get out of my room!” Taeyeon yelled at Yuri, & push her off the bed. Taeyeon got out of her bed & push Yuri towards the door, push Yuri out of her room & close the door with a slam. Yuri ran to her own room & collapse onto her bed & cried into her pillow. Yuri spent the whole night crying, only when there were no more tears left did she fall asleep .

 

Yuri open her eyes & stared up at the ceiling. She didn’t want to get out of bed. There was no point. There was nothing for her to look forward to. Her life was filled with so much pain she didn’t know how to deal with it so she laid there & close her eyes, praying for death to take her. Realizing that death wasn’t going to come for her, Yuri force herself out of bed & took a long warm shower. Yuri stared at her reflection in the mirror. She was pale & her eyes were puffy & red from last night. Yuri apply on some makeup, hoping to improve the colouring of her face.

 

Yuri open her door & step out at the same time Taeyeon step out of her room. Both sister looked at each other but Taeyeon didn’t say anything to Yuri & headed towards the stairs. Yuri quicken her steps to meet Taeyeon, determine to talk to her but when Yuri caught up with Taeyeon in front of their parents bedroom door, Yuri grab onto Taeyeon’s hand to stop her but she turn around & tried to pull her hand away when something stop her, “Do you think we should tell her?” They both heard their mother say, “About the adoption. I don’t know, dear.” Their father’s voice came out from behind the door, “You know she should be told. We can’t keep it from her any longer. She has the right to know, darling.” Mrs. Kwon’s voice ranged out, “I don’t know if we should. We have kept this a secret for so long already. I don’t think she would be able to handle the truth & I don’t think Taeyeon would be able to deal with it.” Mr. Kwon’s voice continue to say. Yuri turn to look at Taeyeon & saw the disbelief appear in Taeyeon’s eyes. Yuri didn’t know what to say or do. What she heard was shocking. She was trying to make sense of what her parents were saying.

 

Taeyeon didn’t wait for her father to finish what he was saying when she threw the door open & storm inside. Yuri followed after her, making their parents who was sitting on the bed turn to look at them, “What are you girls doing here?” Their father asked, shock by the interruption, “Is it true?!” Taeyeon cried out to her parents, “What are you talking about Taeyeon?” Her father asked, confused “Don’t lie to me! I heard you! Why didn’t you tell me?! Why didn’t you tell me I was adopted?!” Taeyeon yelled at them. Both parents turn to stare at each other. Oh god, they had overheard the conversation but why did Taeyeon think she was adopted. Taeyeon had misunderstood. Both parents didn’t know what to do. They saw Taeyeon’s reaction to the news of adoption & realize that they shouldn’t reveal the truth. If this was Taeyeon’s reaction, they didn’t want to know Yuri’s reaction, afraid that the news of her being adopted would cause her health to turn bad, “Taeyeon, you weren’t adopted. No one was adopted. You have misunderstood, dear.” Mr. Kim said, trying to fix the misunderstanding.

 

“I heard you! If its not me then who is it?!” Taeyeon cried out, making everyone quiet. Taeyeon turn to Yuri then back to her parents, “Who is it? Don’t lie to me.” Taeyeon said, wiping the tears away from her eyes. Yuri turn to her parents, she wanted to know too, “Who is it?” She asked them both, “No one was adopted & this is the end of this subject.” Mr. Kim said to them both, “It’s me, isnt it? I heard you say my name.” Taeyeon said, backing out of the room, “Taeyeon, listen to our parents. I'm sure they can explain.” Yuri said, reaching out to comfort her but Taeyeon pulled away from her, “Don’t touch me! I don’t need your sympathy!” Taeyeon yelled at her, & turn to run out of the room. Yuri ran out after her. She chase her downstairs & grab her before she could leave the house, “Taeyeon, don’t do this. Don’t leave. Stay so our parents can explain.” Yuri pleaded with her.

 

Taeyeon pulled away from her & step away, looked up the stairs where her parents stood, “What is there to explain?! I was adopted! I understand now! No wonder you treated her better then me! Why she always get what she wants! You shower her with more affection & love then you do with me! Of course you have too, she is your daughter & I’m an outsider!” Taeyeon yelled at them, “Taeyeon, that’s not true! They love us both the same way! Your as much as their daughter as I am! Your my sister, not an outsider!” Yuri cried to Taeyeon, but Taeyeon wouldn’t listen as she turn & ran out of the door. Yuri cried out to her but she wouldn’t stop. Yuri turn back & look up at her parents to see them both crying, “Is it true?!” Yuri cried out to them. Her parents didn’t say anything so Yuri ran out of the door.


Mr. Kim looked down at his wife & tried to ease her sorrow, “What are we going to do?” Mrs. Kim said to her husband. How were they going to fix this misunderstanding without revealing that Yuri was adopted? “We should have told them this a long time ago, dear.” Mr. Kim said, "But its too late now. Its time they were told the truth. We can’t let Taeyeon think she's adopted.” Mrs. Kim let out a sigh, “But what about Yuri? She will be devastated & what about her health? I don’t want this news to affect her health. God, what will we do? I hope to god that she would take this news easier than Taeyeon.”