Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 18

 

Yunho open his eyes to see that everything was black. Never had he been so afraid of the dark. Changmin had told him that it was only temporarily but its been five weeks now & still, he couldn’t see. Yunho tried to push himself up, then he felt her hand on his & he let her help him sit up. Every day, he looked forward to these moments. He didn’t know why but he loved her touch. There was something about this nurse that sooth him. It was like he knew her since her touch seem familiar. When she was near, he didn’t feel afraid as she brought comfort to him. He wish he could see. He wanted to see her face, not to see if she was beautiful but he wanted to put a face to these tender hands that had so many times stirred warmth in his belly.

 

Yunho reach out to touch her face but she pulled away. She did that every time & Yunho didn’t know why & there wasn’t any point in asking when she couldn’t speak. Too bad, he bet that if she could, her voice would be like music, just like the girl who had held him that first night at the hospital. He had never seen that girl again, but the nurse felt just like her, her touch was so similar to that girl but the only difference was that girl was able to talk, “Why won’t you let me touch your face?” Yunho asked her, knowing that he wouldn’t get an answer but he just couldn’t help help asked. Yuri touched her face. She didn’t want him to feel her face, afraid that he would remember. She had even stopped talking too, as she didn’t want to take any chances.

 

Yunho swung his leg over the bed. He wanted to get up & stretch. He was tired of lying down since he had rested enough. He was bored & wanted to do something, wanted to go out & breath the fresh air. Yuri put Yunho’s right arm around her shoulder & place her hands on his back to help support him stand up. She gently lifted him up & he slowly stood up, “Let’s go outside. I want to get some fresh air.” Yunho said, as she let go of him once he was standing. Yunho took a step forward then stop as he felt dizzy & lost his balance. Yunho felt Anna’s hand on his chest as she was trying to hold him up but then, her arms went around his waist. Her touch sent a jolt throughout his body & felt himself falling forward.

 

Yunho felt her beneath him. She was so soft & he felt her pressing against his body. It warmed his blood. God, he couldn’t believe he was feeling this way. Yunho shook his head & tried to clear his head. Yuri bit her pale pink bottom lips to stop herself from as Yunho’s body was sending tingling feelings throughout her body. His closeness was so warm that it made her realize how much she miss his touch. Yunho was just about to roll off of her but stop. This was his opportunity to touch her face since she wouldn’t be able to move away. Yunho reach out & gently touched her cheeks, making Yuri let out a gasps. She tried to pull away from him but he held her face with his hands. Yunho slowly touch her face, felt her nose, eyes & lips. They were soft & her face was so smooth. Yunho moved his finger back to her lips, full & soft. It was like he had touch her lips before & something in his head told him he had kiss these lips before but how could he when he had never met her before? Yunho closed his eyes as he tried to remember but nothing came to him. The urge to kiss her was strong & Yunho didn’t hesitate but bent down & kissed her.

 

Yuri felt his fingers tracing her face. His touch brought butterflies to her stomach & heat was growing below her belly. She closed her eyes & felt his finger brushed against her lips & stop then as she felt his lips on hers. Yuri’s eyes flew open. She was taken by surprises & didn’t know what to do. This shouldn’t be happening. Yuri tried to turn her face away but she couldn’t move since Yunho was holding her face between his hand. She tried to fight the sensation that Yunho’s kiss was stirring inside of her but it was a fight she lost so she parted her lips & accepted Yunho’s kiss while their tongue dance together with passion.

 

She tasted like sweet honey which was so familiar. Yes, he had kissed her before but where? When? Yunho tried to remember. He would give anything to remember right now, to know who this girl was. He was also confused. How could he have kissed her before if he had never met her? It was so confusing. Suddenly, an image of a girl appeared in his mind but her face was blank & she was standing near a river. Her hair was flowing down on her mid-back. Yunho tried to concentrated on the girls face as her features were starting to appear. He saw her eyes, then the image of the girl vanish. Yunho felt Anna, the nurse, pull away from him as he tried to grab her, “Wait, don’t go!” Yunho cried, after her but Yuri had already ran out of the room. Yunho laid on his back. Something was happening. He was remembering & the girl that he saw near the river was the nurse so he did know her but why had he been told that he had never met her? What was going on?

 

Yuri lean against the wall outside Yunho’s room & closed her eyes while trying to control her breathing. Her heart was beating really fast. Yunho’s kiss had smashed down the barrier that she had rebuilt around her heart, kissing him had brought back the vivid memories of that stormy night, the passion they had both shared, the love she felt for him, made her ache for him more then ever now. How had things gotten out of hand? She shouldn’t have let him kiss her, should have fighted it but the closeness of him was unbearable. How she miss his touch. How was she going to control herself now after what had just happened? Yuri raise her fingers & touched her lips. She could still taste him. Oh, she wanted him so much, wanted to be in his arms.

 

Yuri place her hands on her cheeks & felt the heat there. She tried to cool it off by rubbing her cheeks but the heat wasn’t going away. Yuri ran to the bathroom & turn the tap on & splash some cold water onto her face. Half-satisfied, Yuri looked up into the mirror to see that her cheeks were rosy pink so she bent down & splash more water onto her face. She did this about eight more times, only when she believe that the pinkness was gone did she turn off the tap. She didn’t want to let Yunho see her this way. Yuri covered her eyes with her hands. God, she almost laughed out loud. She was so worried about her feelings that she had forgotten that Yunho wouldn’t be able to see her. Yuri looked back into the mirror & wiped her face, ‘Get a hold of yourself Yuri! Don’t think about his kiss! Remember, you have Taeyeon to think about now! Remember why you are doing this?! Keep up the fight!’ Yuri scold at herself.

 

Yuri turned off the tap & forced Yunho’s kiss out of her mind. She couldn’t allow her feelings for Yunho get in the way of what she was doing. Taeyeon loved Yunho now & she had promise herself that she would help them get together. She had to forget her feelings, forget what they had shared. She was Yunho’s nurse now, nothing more. Taking in a deep breath, Yuri headed back to Yunho’s room. When Yuri got to the door, she peeked inside but Yunho wasn’t there anymore so she rushed inside & looked around. He wasn’t lying on the floor where she had left him so where had he gone? She rushed back outside & froze. Yunho was standing near the stairs. She rushed over to him but it was too late. Yunho had taken a step forward, lost his footing & stumble down the stairs, “Yunho Oppa!” Yuri screamed out to him. She rushed down the stairs & pulled him into her arms.

 

Yunho felt himself stumbling down the stairs as his head hit the ground & now, there was a painful ringing inside his head. He thought he heard the nurse calling out to him. Had he heard her say his name? No, it couldn’t be. She couldn’t speak. Yunho couldn’t think properly as the pain in his head was making it hard for him to concentrate. He heard her running down the stairs & pulled him into her arms. He could feel her tears falling onto his face. Why was she crying? Was she afraid for him? Of course, she would be. Yunho open his eyes & had to blink a couple of times as the darkness that he had been experiencing before now was replace by a blurry object. Yunho turn to face the nurse but he couldn’t see her clearly but he still tried to focus on her. Then her eyes appear in front of him, then everything went dark again, & he lost conscious.

 

Yunho slowly open his eyes but then, he had to close them again, as something bright was shining in his eyes. Yunho shook his head to clear his mind. The pain that he had experience earlier was gone & he was lying on his bed again, but how did he manage to get back in bed? Yunho slowly open his eyes again, &c brought his hand up to shield his eyes from the brightness. The darkness was gone & all he could see was blurry images but after blinking for a couple of times, everything became clearer. Yunho looked around the room & saw a glass of water on the beside table, a bottle filled with pills & a vase filled with roses. So, that was what he had been smelling. Yunho looked down at his hand. He couldn’t believe that he was actually seeing all these. His sight had return. God, he was so happy. He reached out for the glass of water, staring at it & smiling. How many times had he not been able to reach out for it on his own but doing it now was like a miracle.

 

Yunho turn to look around the room. He took everything in with his eyes. When he turn towards the window, his eyes rest on the chair that was occupied by a girl. She was sitting in the chair with her head being supported by her hand. She was sleeping. Yunho sat there & watched her. It was such a lovely sight. Her hair was neatly tucked into a bun. He didn’t know why but he had the urge to release the pins that was supporting her hair. He wanted to see her hair flow down, just like he had seen it flowing down her mid-back when she was standing near the stream. Yunho froze. Was it her? Could it be her, the girl that had appeared in his vision just hours ago? Yunho tried to recall every detail about the girl he had seen but he couldn’t when all he had seen was her hair & eyes.

 

Yunho slowly pulled the blanket off of him & softly got out of bed. Yunho tiptoe towards Yuri & with gentle hands, he started to remove the pins from her hair. Yunho felt her hair. It was soft & smooth which was like dark brown liquid. Just touching her hair brought warmth inside of him & his heart was picking up its pace. He could even hear his heartbeat. It was loud & he was afraid that it would wake her up but she didn’t stir. Yunho kneel down beside her & ran her hair over his cheeks. Her hair in his hand felt so familiar & he knew that he had done this before but he couldn’t recall when & he didn’t really care because right now, he just wanted to sit beside her & touch her.

 

Yunho move to kneel in front of her & studied her face. Her eyes were covered with long lashes, rosy cheeks & her lips nice & full. He recalled the kiss they had before & was tempted to kiss her again, to taste the sweet honey & before he realize what he was doing, he had lean in & kissed her. He saw her opening her eyes. Her eyes big, filled with surprises as she looked back at him. She tried to pull away from him but he pull her into his arms & held her tightly. She was fighting against him but he knew that she wouldn’t fight for long, just like before when she gave in & kissed him back.


“How could you?!” Taeyeon screamed, came from the doorway. Yuri open her eyes & froze. Taeyeon was standing in the doorway, staring at her. Yuri saw the pain & betrayal in her sister’s eyes before she turn & left the room. Changmin was there, too. He didn’t say anything as he turn to follow Taeyeon. Yunho saw the pain that appear in Yuri’s eyes. Their kiss had ended the moment they heard Taeyeon’s scream. Yunho didn’t know what was going on but whoever had just scream had ruin the magical moment between Yuri & him. Yuri pushed Yunho aside & ran out of the room. She had to find Taeyeon & explain. How was she going to explain? What was she going to do? Yunho grab onto Yuri’s hand but she pull it away from him & ran out of the room. Yunho also got up & ran after her.