Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 43

 

"Chunja, please transfer all my appointments for this week to next monday. I will be on leave as from today. I have called Eunseo to fill in while I'm gone so there shouldn't be any problem. Oh, but if you do need to contact me in case of an emergency, called me right away." Eunchae asked her secretary, "Yes, Miss Lee, but what will I tell your client if they asked for you?" Chunja asked her, "Hmmm, tell them I have gone to California to have a long break which I definitely deserve." Eunchae said, and sigh, "Well, I have to agree to that Miss Lee, you have been working extra hard these past few months, you do deserve a break." Chunja told her. Eunchae thanked her and made a mental note to buy her secretary a gift. She deserved it since she had been very helpful and hardworking. Eunchae sigh if only she was really going on a holiday. She really did need the rest.

 

Eunchae got up and grab her handbag. She had to meet Yuri at 8 tonight at the cabin. It was only 3 pm now but she had to go home and talk to her father about taking sometime off. She knew he would be please since he was the one who kept telling her to take time off to relax and find a boyfriend. God, Eunchae almost laughed to herself. She had gotten more then a boyfriend. She now had a husband. How will she be able to pull this off? Could she live with Yunho and pretend to be his wife? Suddenly, Yuri pop into her mind. How could she do this? Yunho was Yuri's husband, her brother-in-law. Just thinking of that made her want to break out and cry. How had she let Yuri talk her into doing this? 'Because you want to be with him. You want him to be your husband and not Yuri's. Here's your chance.' Her little voice said, "No, that's not true! Its not true!" Eunchae said, out loud and force the thought out of her head as she left her office.

 

"Hey princess, where did you go this morning?" Yunho asked Yuri, as she entered the house, "Shopping. I felt like cooking so we are having pork rib soup tonight." Yuri said, as Yunho took the grocery bags from her, "Pork rib soup, my favorite." Yunho kissed his wife on the cheeks and set the bags down on the kitchen table, "Oppa?" Yuri watched as Yunho started to put the grocery away, "Hmmm?" Yunho responded, from behind the fridge door. When Yuri didn't say anything, Yunho pop his head up and looked at her, "What is it, sweetie?" Yunho looked at her smiling, "Nothing, I just want to look at you." Yuri said, trying to hide the quiver in her voice. Yunho closed the fridge door and went over to her and embraced her, "Yuri, I'm always here. I'm not going away so you can look at me as much as you want. I enjoy watching you look at me. It makes me shiver when your eyes are on me. It makes me want to pick you up and take you to bed and that's what I want to do right now." Yunho said, picking her up, "Oppa, now?" Yuri giggled, "Yes, now." Yunho said, and headed towards the bedroom.

 

Yuri held back her tears as Yunho made love to her. She didn't want their loving to end, wanted it to go on forever. It pained her knowing that this would be the last time she would ever share her bed with her husband and the last time they would make love. Yuri shut her eyes and forced all the painful thoughts out of her mind. This was her last time with Yunho. She didn't want to think, she wanted to feel and memerize everything that Yunho was doing to her now, remembering his touch, kisses, warmth. She didn't want to forget this night and wanted to hold onto every bit of it, to save it in her heart, to bring it along with her when she face death because it was the only thing she had left to take with her.

 

Yuri lean against Yunho as they sat down next to the stream. Their stream. This was their secret place where they had first met and where they would part. She would miss this place, miss the smell of the wild flowers, the soft grass and the night stroll with Yunho. Would miss sitting here like this with his arms around her, "Oppa, do you remember what you promised me?" Yuri asked him, turning to look at him. Yunho smiled down at her and then turn to look out at the stream, "Yes." Yunho said, with sadness in his voice, "Oppa, please hold me tighter? I want to feel your arms around me." Yuri felt his arms tighten around her and she bit her lips to stop the tears that was threatening to come out.

 

Yuri glance at her watch and swallowed her tears. It was 7:50pm, Eunchae would be here soon. Yuri's body started to tremble, "Yuri, your trembling. Let's go back inside before you catch a cold." Yunho stood up and pulled her up, "Oppa, I don't want to go inside yet. I want to stay out here. Could you go fretch me my cloak?" Yuri said, hugging herself. Yunho didn't argue with her and noded, "Stay here. I will be right back." Yunho said, and turn to leave, "Oppa! Wait!" Yuri shouted, after him and ran into his arms. She threw her arms around him and held onto him tightly, holding onto him with all her strenght, "Yuri, if you don't let go of me, how can I get you your cloak?" Yunho said to her, smiling. Yuri slowly release her hold on him and step back from him. Yuri watched as he turn to leave. Only when his back was facing her, did she let the tears fall down her cheeks. She watched as he walked away from her. The distance between them grew wider and wider. She wanted to run after him but forced herself to stand still. Tears flowed down Yuri's cheeks like waterfalls but she didn't wipe them away. She let them stream down her face, "Goodbye Oppa. Please forgive me? I love you too much to have to watch you suffer the pain of my death. I'm so sorry Oppa." Yuri cried, as she watched Yunho's figure grew smaller and smaller and soon, he vanish into the dark.