Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 42

 

"What? You want me to take your place and live with Yunho Oppa? Are you out of your mind?" Eunchae asked, starring at Yuri from across her office desk. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Yuri sugesstion had shocked her to the bones, "Eunchae, listen to me. I know it sounds crazy but its the only thing I know that will save Yunho Oppa from experinceing the pain of my death. You have to help me, Eunchae. Only you can help me." Yuri said, reaching across the desk to take her sister's hands in hers, "Yuri, you can't do this. Its not right. Its not fair for Oppa. Its not fair for you and for me. You can't do this to him. What if he finds out? Do you know what that would do to him?" Eunchae said, trying to persuade her sister to give up on the idea, "Eunchae, please? I don't have much time. I don't want to leave him to suffer my death alone. It doesn't have to be that way. If you take my place and be there for him then he doesn't have to go through the pain and grief. I can't bear the thought of him suffering because of me. I love him too much to do this to him." Yuri said, looking into her sister's eyes.

 

"What?! What do you mean you don't have time?! I thought your health was good! Oh, god. You lied to me! You actually lied to me when you knew how much I hated being lied to! Damn it Yuri!" Eunchae screamed at her, and pulled her hands away and cross them in front of her, "Eunchae, please understand? I didn't want to worry you. You have enough problem with work as there is. I didn't want to put anymore stress on you. I'm sorry." Yuri said, tears filling her eyes but she fought them back, not letting them fall. Eunchae sigh and threw her hand up in the air and then lean on the table. She didn't know what to do. Her sister was asking her to take her place, to live as Yunho's wife, to share his bed, to take care of him. The thought was tempting but Eunchae knew it was wrong, "Yuri, please don't ask me to do this?" Eunchae said, hoping Yuri would change her mind.

 

"Eunchae, I'm not asking, I'm pleading with you. Please help me? Please fulfill my last dying wish?" Yuri said, biting her bottom lips, "Yuri, you should spend your last moments with him. Don't do this. Don't do this to Oppa. He would want to be with you, be there for you when you leave. I don't know how you can even suggests this. How can you just walk away and give away the man you love to another women? I could never do that. You love him yet here you are sending another woman into his arms." Eunchae said, grabbing Yuri's hands, "Eunchae, I'm not sending another women, I sending you, my sister. I know that you can make him happy. I know you have feelings for him, too." Yuri said, hiding the hurt she was feeling inside her heart.

 

Eunchae let go of Yuri's hands and couldn't look at her sister. She did care for Yunho but knew that she would never be able to replace Yuri. Yunho loved Yuri with all of his heart and soul. They may look alike but Yunho would know the difference and she didn't want to decieve him. She wanted his love but she didn't want to take him away from Yuri. This wasn't a good idea and she knew how much Yuri loved Yunho too, and didn't want her sister to do such a foolish thing as this. No, she wouldn't let Yuri continue with this foolishiness.

 

"Eunchae, I know you care for him and wouldn't want to see him suffer. You can prevent his pain, you can make him happy, I know you can. Your the only person that can take my place without him knowing. Please for me? Please say you will help me?" Yuri said, fighting her pain, "No, Yuri. I will not do this because I don't want to decieve Oppa. I don't want to lie to him and I'm not going to let you carry out this foolishiness." Eunchae said, standing up, preparing to leave. Yuri rose and grab Eunchae to stop her from leaving. Pain rose in her chest and she let go to clasped her chest. She grab onto the desk with her other hand to try to steady herself but her knees felt weak and she felt herself falling. Eunchae caught her sister in her arms and called out to her. Yuri grab her arms and pleaded with her, "Eunchae, please help me? Please don't let me die with a broken heart?" Eunchae looked into her sister's eyes and nodded her head.

 

Yuri spent the whole afternoon turning Eunchae into her. Although Eunchae and her looked alike on the outside, they were different on the inside and she had to make sure that Eunchae knew her well enough to be able to pretend to be her. She made Eunchae memerize everything about her and Yunho. She didn't leave anything out. She told her how Yunho and she had met, told her about his habits, his likes and dislikes. She wanted Eunchae to know everything about Yunho. She wanted nothing to make Yunho suspicious that the wife he would now be living with was a different person, "Yuri, its not too late to change your mind." Eunchae interrupted her, "No, I can't go back now. Its too late. I have made up my mind. I need to do this." Yuri said, holding back the tears that was threatening to fall, "Yuri, are you sure? I think you should really think this over. Why don't you give it a week? You know, to think this over? I don't want you to have any regrets." Eunchae said, looking at her.

 

A loud sigh escape from Yuri and she walked over to look out of the window in Eunchae's office. She looked down and saw tiny people walking below. They looked like tiny ants, "I only have a week to live Eunchae, that's why I'm doing this. The only regret I will have is if I don't prevent Oppa from suffering from my death. When I leave this world, I want to know that Oppa is happy. Its the only thing that matters in this world to me." Eunchae joined her at the window and put her arms around her sister and felt the tremble in her sister's body. She knew that it was painful for her to come up with this decision, "Where will you go, Yuri? You have to let me know where you are. I don't want you to vanish from my life when we just found each other. I want to be there for you. I don't want you to be alone when you leave. I don't want you to face death alone." Eunchae said, and cried, "I don't know where I will go. I can't stay here. I can't take the chance of running into Oppa and my family but I will call you. I will call you when my time arrives. I don't want to face death alone either." Yuri finally let her tears fall. She pulled off her wedding ring and held it in her hands and brought it up to her heart, holding it there for a while as tears slided down her cheeks like waterfall then place it into Eunchae's palm and walked out of the office, not looking back at her sister.

 

A/N: you guys remember the christmas story i said i was going to write, right? well, i have already started so if you guys are interested, go ahead and read it. if not, i don't mind ^^

here's the link to the story: A Boy's Wish