Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 13

 

Yuri made herself a cup of tea & sat down on the sofa. She switch on the television just in time for the news, “A drunk driver smashed into another on coming vehicle on Ujeonggukro street. The impact had cause the other car which is a green audi a4 to roll over twice before landing on its roof. The drunk driver is alright. He made it out with minor scratches but the other dirver is in critical condition & has been taken to Asan Medical Center hospital.” The reporter said into her mircophone, as the camera move away from her to the wreckage. It looked really bad with the audi lying on its roof. Yuri felt a chill forming inside of her. The car accident had happen near her work place, just around the corner near the redlights. She was glad that she hadn’t been there to witness it.


Yuri was about to switch to a different channel when somthing caught her eyes. There, lying near the car was a string of beads, the same beads she had seen hanging in Yunho’s car, ‘Oh god, could it be?’ Yuri brought a hand up to cover . Yunho had been driving a audi, too. Yuri tried not to panic, ‘It coudn’t be him. What would he be doing near my work place?’ Yuri thought to herself, ‘Looking for you I believe.’ Her little voice said, ‘No, its not him, its not him. Please let it not be him?’ ‘But what if its him?’ Her little voice said again, “Its not him!” Yuri shouted, out loud. She wanted to believe that it wasn’t Yunho so much, although the little beads that she saw told her already that it was him but she was in a stage of shock & denial, only when she heard the reporter say his name that reality smack her in the face, “No!” Yuri cried out, “Its not him!” She shouted, as she wiped her tears away, “What’s not him & who is him?” Yuri heard Taeyeon ask from behind her. She had been so absorb with the news she hadn’t even notice that Taeyeon had join her in the lounge room. Yuri didn’t answer her as she couldn’t find her voice. She got up, grab the keys & ran out of the house, leaving a confuses Taeyeon to stare after her.


Yuri, who never believe in speeding, drove like hell to the hospital! She didn’t even stop when the lights turned red. She heard cars honking at her but she didn’t care, she wanted to get to the hospital as fast as possible to see Yunho, to see if he was alright, ‘Please let him be alright?’ Yuri prayed, ‘The driver is in critical conditon’, the reporters words rang in her head. Yuri parked her car in front of the hospital entrance, got out without turning off her engine & ran inside with someone was calling out after her about not being allowed to park her car there but she didn’t stop but kept running.


“Please, help me?! I'm looking for the driver that was brought in here! The car accident that had just happen!” Yuri was shouting frantically at the nurse at the front desk. The nurse was looking at her & trying to calm her down, “Miss, clam down, we need a name.” The nurse said. Yuri tried to control her panic, “Yunho, Jung Yunho.” Yuri replied, wipeing her tears away, “Are you his family?” The nurse asked her. Yuri hesitated. What was she supposed to say? If she told them she wasn’t then they wouldn’t let her see him, “I'm his fiancee.” Yuri lied.

 

Yuri sat outside the emergancy room. She sat on the chair & stared at the red light. She was scared as tears were streaming down her eyes. Time dragged on, waiting was pure torture, had her parents felt like this when she had been here? She could feel their pain, their terror & she didn’t want to put her parents through this ever again. Yuri pulled her legs up & hug her knees while she rested her head down on her knees. The silence was horrible. She felt as though she was drowing. She couldn’t seem to breath properly. She reach into her pocket & pulled out her medication. She tried to unscrew the bottle but it seem impossible. Her hand was shaking & she couldn’t stop them from shaking. The bottle slip out of her hands & fell onto the ground with the lid coming off & the pills scattering everywhere.


Yuri pushed herself down on the ground. Her heart was in pain as she tried to breath but it was hard. She put a hand over her heart & tried to squeeze it, trying to stop the pain while she tried to reach out for the pills with her other hand but she couldn’t focus properly. She was afraid. Was she dying? She didn’t want to die yet. She didn’t know if Yunho was alright. She wanted to see him one last time before she died. Yuri force herself to focus & reach out for the pills. She felt it with her fingers & grab it. She put them in & tried to swallow it but was dry so she started to chew on her pills. It was bitter but she force herself to continue chewing on it, “Miss, are you alright? Miss, miss?” Yuri felt someone pulling her up from the floor but she really couldn’t see as everything was blury around her & she couldnt speak. Was she dying? Could this be the end? She was tired. She didn’t want to think. She wanted to sleep but image of Yunho & her family flew around inside her head, “Yuri! Yuri, don’t let go! Hold on Yuri!” She heard them calling out to her. Yuri tried to reach out to them but they were so far away that she couldn’t touch them. She didn’t want to die like this. Yuri tried to force her eyes open, she tried to run to them but whenever she got close, they seem to move further away. She was getting tired. She wanted to fight but her eyes were getting heavy, “I’m so tired! I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Yuri cried out to them, & then her eyes closed as everything went dark & silent.