Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 40

 

"Eunchae, where are you?" Yuri whispered to her, through the mobile phone. Yuri had escape from the birthday party which Yunho was holding for her and was now hidding in the bathroom, "I'm in Italy right now, sealing a business deal. Why are you whispering?" Eunchae asked her, laughing "What? Your in Italy?" Yuri let out a sigh, "Why? What's wrong? How come you sound upset now?" Eunchae asked her, "Oh, nothing. I thought you were coming to the party. You did say you were coming yesterday when I called to invite you to my birthday and I thought this would be a good time for you and mother to meet. It would have been the best birthday present but I guess we have to wait until you come back." Yuri said, trying to hide her disappointment.

 

Today was Yuri's birthday so that meant it was her birthday, too. Her real birthday. She had been so busy with work she had forgotten, "Oh Yuri, I'm so sorry. I have been so busy with work that it slipped my mind and then this morning enterprise boutique hotal in Italy wanted me to fly over to finalize our deal. I have been working on this project for a long time and I had to go because it is my project. I'm so sorry, Yul." Eunchae apologize, "Its alright, Eunchae. Work is more important so how did the deal go?" Yuri asked, trying to hide the disappointment that she was still feeling, "Oh, it went perfectly. Everything is settle so that means I will have more time to myself when I come back home." Eunchae said. Her voice was filled with joy, "That's so good to hear. When will you be coming home? Maybe when you come home, I could arrange dinner for us, you, mother and me. How does that sound?" Yuri asked her, "That sounds wonderful. I will see you in eight days. Will call when I get back. Oh, and happy birthday." Eunchae said, and hung up, "Happy birtday to you, too." Yuri said, to the dial tone.

 

"Yuri, are you alright in there, sweetie? You have been in there for a while now. Everyone is wondering where the birthday girl is." Yunho's concern voice floated through from the other side of the door. Yuri tucked her mobile back inside her pocket and headed over towards the door. She unlock the door and smiled at her husband, "And I bet you were happy to volunteer to go look for me?" Yuri said, as she slid her arms around his and started to walk back to the loungroom, "Why, of course, my dear. Its my pleasure." Yunho said, patting her hands and lean down to kiss her forehead.

 

"Ahhh, there she is." Taeyeon pointed to them as they entered the loungroom, "What's a birthday party without the birthday girl?" Jinwoon said, giving Yuri a hug, "Boy, I didn't know you guys miss me that much." Yuri laughed when Jinwoon released her, "Yeah, right. That's what you like to think." Taeyeon said, rolling her eyes at her sister, "Come on, let's open the presents. I will help." Jinwoon said, reaching for the presents sitting stacked on the coffee table, "Oh no, you don't." Taeyeon said, smacking his hands away, "Ow. Geez, you could have just said no. No need to use force." Jinwoon said, pretending to start crying. They all started to laugh.

 

Yunho watched Yuri's face intently as she unwrapped the present he had brought for her. Yuri let out a gasped, "Oh, Yunho Oppa, its beautiful." Yuri held up the the velvet cloak that was lined with silver fox and a piece of creamy paper slid to the floor. She pick it up and Yunho saw the teardrops clinging to Yuri's lashes as she read out the poem he had written for her, 'The hugs you give feels forever. The kisses you give touch forever. The look in your eyes says forever. How long will forever be. Only forever can see. Forever is everlasting, timeless, an eternity, without a beginning and without an end.' Yuri embrace Yunho and kissed him. She didn't care that everyone was looking at them, she wanted them to witness her love for this man, witness her happiness.

 

Changmin watch them and his heart sank inside. He couldn't bear to watch anymore. He stood up and walked outside to get some fressh air, "I'm sorry, Changmin Oppa." Yuri said, from behind him. She walked over to stand next to him. Changmin turned to her, not understanding why she was apologizing to him for, "I'm sorry I can't return the love you feel for me." Yuri said, looking at him. Changmin didn't say anything. He grab her into his arms and held her tight, "Yuri, I'm not asking for you to love me in return. I just want you to be happy and allow me to continue to love you secretly." Changmin pleaded, "No, Oppa. I won't allow you to waste your love on me. Please promise me you will find someone to share your love, to find happiness? I want to see you happy. It would mean a lot to me. Please promise me you will forget me and find someone worthy of your love. Promise me you will." Yuri said, as she pulled out of his embrace and look up at him, "I promise." Changmin said, and Yuri hug him. Yunho watch them both from the doorway and felt his eyes moisten. It wasn't jealousy he felt but releif. Yunho had heard Changmin's confession that night in Japan.

 

"Taeyeon, you should tell him how you feel." Jinwoon said, coming to stand next to her by the window. Taeyeon was watching Changmin and Yuri with tears streaming down her cheeks. She painfully wipe them away, "He doesn't love me. He will never love me. He loves Yuri and nothing will ever change that." Taeyeon said, turning to look at Jinwoon. Jinwoon pulled her in for an embrace, "He does love you. Its just he's not aware of it yet." Jinwoon said. He remember seeing the hint of jealousy in Changmin's eyes that day when he had given Taeyeon Yuri's wedding flower boutque, "No, he doesn't. There's no place in his heart for me." Taeyeon sigh, "Trust me, Taeyeon. Changmin thinks he's in love with Yuri because the thought of losing her is too painful and he thinks that, that is love but its not. He has confused his emotions." Jinwoon said, smiling down at her. Jinwoon didn't know why he was saying these things to her when he wanted her for himself but he knew that her love belong to Changmin and he didn't want someone who didn't love him in return.