Daehyun 2

One Shot Request Collection

This one is for my favorite BAP One Shot writer Purplekpop! Hope you all enjoy! :)


 

The one thing Daehyun never thought he would be, was a single father. He never thought he would have to become a father so quickly either. A lawyer had dropped a baby boy named Daejun off with him, saying he was the father. Of course he got tests done to be sure. It was positive, he was the father.

 

The mother, who he had dated for a little time, had died. None of the other family members wanted Daejun. Daehyun was the only thing Daejun had. The only one who could take care of him.

 

When Daehyun first saw Daejun, he fell in love with him instantly. The thing was, Daehyun wasn't ready to take care of a child on his own. He was trying his hardest, but sometimes it was hard for him. Right now was one of those times. 

 

Daehyun held his son close to his chest. His son had started crying thirty minutes ago. He was trying his best to calm his son down. Nothing Daehyun did could calm him down. 

 

A lightbulb then went of in Daehyun's head. I'll take him for a walk, he thought. Smiling, he nodded his head to his idea. 

 

Hopefully this will work, Daehyun thought as he strapped a crying Daejun into the stroller. As the stroller began moving, Daejun's crying had calmed down a little. What also calmed him down was Daehyun was making faces at him. Daehyun smiled as he heard his son began laughing at his father.

 

"Oww, hey watch where you're going!" Daehyun heard a woman yelled. He then realized he had ran into her with the stroller. He immediately apologized. 

 

Daejun then started crying again. Before Daehyun could check his son, you went towards the baby. Looking at the baby, you let out a 'aww'. You reached out and touched Daejun gently. 

 

Daehyun watched in amazement as you spoke comforting words to Daejun and calmed him down instantly. He glanced at his son, who was now infatuated with the new person in front of him. "How?..How?" Daehyun stumbled on his words. He couldn't find the words to say. He had been trying to calm his down for thirty minutes and you did it in a minute. He was shocked. 

 

Maybe it's because it's a woman, Daehyun thought.

 

Chuckling at his expressions, you said, "You don't know how to calm down your son?"

 

"I..I well…um.." Daehyun started to say then stopped. He took a breathe and started again. "I'm new to this father thing. I haven't mastered it yet." 

 

You watched as he scratched the back of his head. How cute, you thought. "I think all fathers start out like that." You said giving him a smile.

 

"Yeah, especially the single fathers." Daehyun mumbled. He hoped you didn't hear that part, but of course with his luck you did.

 

"You're a single father? Where is his mother?" You asked, then gasped at the words that escaped your mouth. "Sorry that's none of my business. You don't have to answer that." You spoke quickly, hoping you didn't hit a soft spot. 

 

"It's ok. Well his mom died and well a lawyer dropped him off with me. Didn't even know I was a father till a month ago." Daehyun explained. He didn't know why, but he felt comfortable around you. 

 

You turned and looked at Daejun, "Aww poor little guy. Hopefully your father isn't running people over with strollers all the time." 

 

Daehyun laughed, "No I don't. You were the first and I hope the last time I run over someone with the stroller." 

 

"Good." You said and glared at him.

 

He put his hands up in surrender and said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean too. Though I'm glad I did."

 

You raised an eyebrow and asked, "Why are you glad?"

 

"Because hopefully when I ask you to go out to dinner with us, you'll say yes." Daehyun answered and gave you a wink.

 

You stood up and bit your lip. "Are you flirting with me?" You questioned.

 

"Maybe? What do you say? Go out to dinner with me and Daejun please." Daehyun asked and gave you a pout. A pout you couldn't help think was cute.

 

"Ok. I'll go. Don't know why, but I'll go. But first what is your name?" You replied.

 

Grinning, Daehyun answered, "Daehyun. Your name pretty lady?"

 

"*insert your name*. " You replied blushing. 

 

At dinner Daehyun couldn't stop staring at you with admiration. He admired how you were with Daejun. He felt in his heart that you were the one. He was supposed to meet you. 

 

Daehyun could only hope that he if he asked you out that you would say yes.