This Friday Night pt.2

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

The Chinese food had arrived and BamBam, Mark, Youngjae, and Yugyeom were all eating it happily. “So, is Jackson-hyung's girlfriend not coming over anymore?” Youngjae asked.

 

The sound of SHINee's “Replay” soon blared out throughout the house. Yugyeom and BamBam stood up. “She's already here? How?” BamBam asked.

 

“How can you tell?” Mark asked.


“The song. Jackson-hyung always plays it when he has his girlfriends over so we don't hear them having . There's a lot of noona songs out there but this one will always be Jackson-hyung's favourite.” BamBam explained.

 

Youngjae pointed to the ceiling. “So he's upstairs having with her right now?”

 

“Yeah,” BamBam said. “Try not to think about it too much and you'll be OK. We're in the kitchen, if she came through the front door we would have heard it opening and if she came through the back she would have to walk through the kitchen. Jackson-hyung's new girlfriend is a tricky one.”

 

Back at the restaurant, everyone had ordered ddukbokki and was waiting for the food to arrive when Joonmyeon got a text message. “Looks like the Wu's are here. Kyungsoo, come with me.” Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon both got up and left the table.

 

“I still think it's some weird swingers situation.” Kibum said when Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon were out of ear-shot.

 

“What's a weird swingers situation?” Jinyoung asked even though he had a feeling he didn't want to know.

 

“The Wu's and the Kim's are really close friends. We thought they had some type of open relationship going on but it turns they don't. Our best bet now is that they're forming some type of arranged marriage even if all their kids are adults now.” Yoongi said.

 

“Whatever you do to not look at Coach Wu's husband in the eye.” Jaebum warned.


“Why?” Jinyoung had heard an awful lot about Coach Wu's husband and he figured that the man must be an absolute monster.

 

“He's too attractive. It's not even a matter of offending someone, he's literally the best-looking guy here. The Yoon's, this other family that isn't there and with all that jet-lag I can't blame them, got into this serious fight about it when Dunjun said he was hot. During a radio interview. The man has all of Asia under his control.” Jin said.

 

“This is Minseok and Yifan.” Joonmyeon said as they came back to the table.

 

Yifan was exactly like he was on TV. Tall, Canadian, and Handsome. His eyebrows seemed even thicker in person and his height even more pronounced. He even managed to look more Canadian in person. Jinyoung had never been to Canada but he figured that Coach Wu Yifan was the definition of it.

 

The man standing on the left of Yifan had to be from another world. He was shorter than Yifan, maybe the average height of a man in Korea but next to Yifan, he looked ridiculously short. The man was very attractive, he had a completely round face with mono-lids and had a baby face. He looked too young to be married and with four (Jinyoung at least thought it was four) kids. He was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt that had the letters 'UBC' in red on it. In smaller print underneath the letters it read 'University of British Columbia'. If Jinyoung didn't know any better he would have assumed Minseok was a current student.

 

They took a seat next to Jin and Yoongi. “Sorry for arriving late. But it's nice to see the man that conquered the heart of Jaebum.” Minseok said.

 

“He was getting pretty bad being the only single one here. Weren't the Yoons supposed to be here by now?” Yifan said. He removed his coat and there was something oddly clumsy about the action and not fluid as Jinyoung was expecting.

 

“I don't think they're going to make it. They got jet-lag really badly. I did hear however that Hyunseung is staying in Brazil.” Jin said.

 

“Why would he stay in Brazil? Did he get involved with a local?” Jinki asked.

 

Jin shrugged. “I don't know. Something about how he couldn't embarrass the family when it came to football and getting the capital wrong.”

 

A waitress came by and placed a glass of water in front of Yifan. He picked it up. “Guys, I got it this time.”

 

“Please don't. Yifan-hyung I'm begging you. Don't do this to yourself.” Kibum warned.

 

“Don't worry about it. This time it's going to go according to plan.” Yifan picked up the glass and brought it to his lips staring into the distance at nothing in particular. He made a come hither motion with his finger and blinked before beginning a series of coughs.

 

Minseok patted him on the back. “I told you. Everyone at this table told you. The kids told you. This doesn't work. It never has worked. Not even in university.”

 

Back at home Mark and Youngjae washed the dishes left over from the Chinese food and joined BamBam and Yugyeom in the TV room. “Replay” was still playing on an eternal loop and no one had dared to even venture upstairs.

 

“They're not having for that long are they? They've been at it for a while.” Youngjae realized he hadn't even lived a full week with Jackson and was already saying things like this about him.

 

“Sometimes he keeps the music playing just because. Or he doesn't want her to leave yet. He did say she was 'The One' so maybe it works differently when you found your soulmate.” BamBam said, remote control in hand.

 

Youngjae and Mark took the middle seats on the couch and watched as BamBam surfed through channels before stopping at a music show performance. Yesung, R&B powerhouse of Korea, was currently on.

 

“I heard that he was going to be on The Return of Superman.” BamBam said.

 

“I didn't know he had kids.” Mark said.


“He was going to be the kid. He and his siblings. His dads were going to be the Supermen.” BamBam said.

 

“All of their kids are older than us and Uncle Kangin and Leeteuk still get treated like their new parents. Nothing like that ever happened with Dad.” Yugyeom said. “Did Mom ever get recognition for being a gay parent?”
 

“No,” Mark said. “He's an academic psychologist and they don't exactly make gossip websites even if his books do sell pretty well. Happy Together was the first time he went on any show. And we all know what happened when he went on Happy Together.”

 

“Replay” had finally stopped playing but there was no sounds of anyone coming down the stairs. Everyone waited silently for a move to be made or a noise to be heard but after a few seconds of silence “Replay” came on again.

 

“What are they doing up there? It's so annoying. I want to know who she is.” BamBam whined.

 

“Jackson-hyung is either going to keep her identity a secret until the day they get married or tomorrow he's going to be so love-sick he's going to announce he stole Kim Taehee from Rain.” Yugyeom mused.

 

Everyone looked at him. “You don't think it's Kim Taehee do you?” Youngjae asked.

 

Even Mark was in shock. “It can't be. She's more than ten years older than him. She has to be at least twenty years older.”

 

“It's probably some other actress. Jackson-hyung can't be doing that well for himself.” BamBam muttered. The shower upstairs began to run. BamBam changed the channel and settled on watching some rom-com movie.

 

“Noona, can you hand me my towel?” Jackson called from inside the shower. The shower would be going so much better if his Candy was with him but she had rejected the offer.

 

“You should be more organized with your things, Jackson.” she handed him his towel.

 

“I know, I'm trying to be more organized for you.” Jackson wasn't the neatest of people but his Candy liked keeping things clean and organized and Jackson only wanted to keep her happy. “I'll be more organized than your husband.”

 

“Jackson,” she whined. “It was We Got Married and it was the first season. How are you still jealous? My 'husband' as you like to call him has a girlfriend!”
 

“Candy, you're the only one for me, I get scared that you might decide you liked being with an older guy.”

 

“You know that wouldn't happen. It's not everyday a guy like you decides he wants to date someone like me.”


“But you're perfect.”

 

At the restaurant, Jaebum leaned his head onto Jinyoung's shoulder. “How are you liking everyone?” he asked softly so only Jinyoung would hear.

 

“Everyone's nice. I'm glad I'm meeting your friends and that you're not drinking too much.” Jinyoung replied.

 

“My kids are serial liars, I'm telling you.” Jaebum said.

 

Kyungsoo who was talking to Kibum about something stopped. “Jinyoung, I think you and Jaebum tie with Jin-hyung and Yoongi are tied for having the most kids. At least, without Kangin and Leeteuk here.”

 

“We both have five kids. How many do you have?” Jinyoung asked Kyungsoo.

 

“We have four!” Joonmyeon said. He sounded like he was going to pull out his wallet at any moment and show pictures. He did take out his wallet and show pictures. “They're all boys. The pictures are from this year.”


Kyungsoo let out a groan, sounding thoroughly embarrassed. “We have to take portraits every year for his wallet and the company's website.”

 

Joonmyeon still smiling, started down his line of pictures. He pointed to the first one, a pale boy with a bright smile and what looked to be too much eyeliner. “This is our eldest, Baekhyun, he works at a music shop.”

 

Kyungsoo lifted up his head. “What? Baekhyun has a job since when?”

 

“Do you not read the profiles posted on the website?” Joonmyeon asked.


“I thought the company made up some of the things so our children would look more successful than they already were.” Kyungsoo replied.

 

Joonmyeon moved onto the second picture, a boy that was also smiling with big ears and elfin features. “This is our second oldest Chanyeol. He's works a drum tutor.” Joonmyeon pointed to the third picture, the boy had a closed smile and was handsome. “This is our third eldest, Jongin. He works as a ballerino for Korea National Ballet. He also apparently appears on Running Man.” The last picture Joonmyeon pointed to was the only one that wasn't smiling. He had an emotionless expression on. “Our maknae, Sehun. He's studying Political Science and also appears on Running Man.” Joonmyeon put away his wallet. Kyungsoo finally picked his head up completely from the table.

 

“How many kids do you have?” Jinyoung asked Minseok and Yifan. During the basketball games that Mark liked to watch the cameras would occasionally zoom in on a boy that was labeled as Coach Wu's son but Jinyoung never knew if that was his son or how many he had.


“We have four as well. Luhan, Yixing, Jongdae, and Tao. Luhan plays football for Manchester United, Yixing is an indie musician in China, Jongdae is a ballad/rock singer in China, and Tao is a professional martial artist.” Minseok said.

Jinyoung thought about Mark and Jackson, every time Jinyoung saw them they were either not at home because they were playing basketball or skateboarding outside or they were parked in front of the TV watching whatever show happened to be on at that time. He thought about BamBam who he had never seen do homework or open his schoolbag but read the instructions on hair dye boxes at lighting speed and watched girl groups with a fervor. Yugyeom, sweet Yugyeom, with the weight of a monarchy on his shoulders and the hope to grow up to be like Jackson. Youngjae, Jinyoung had failed to realize how much Youngjae was important. Youngjae with his dream to become a music therapist and perfect grades. He deserved something nice as a present.

 

Jackson came down the stairs slowly to not make any noise and leaned over the railing to see what everyone was doing. His Dad and Mom would be arriving soon and he had to get Candy out of the house before they came. The TV was on and they were now watching some talk show, BamBam and Yugyeom would yell out suggestions about what the person should do while Mark and Youngjae looked on.

 

Jackson motioned to his Candy and both of them walked down the stairs slowly and silently. The door had been left slightly open so there would be no risk of a noise going off and alerting everyone. Jackson opened the door a bit more, just enough for his Candy to pass through. “Bye, I'm going to miss you. I know you're busy with work but don't forget to message me.” Jackson bent down and gave her a kiss.

 

“I won't forget. Noona doesn't forget about you.” she gave him a hug before adjusting her bag.

 

Jackson waved as she walked away. “Bye Shinyoung-noona. Drive safe and eat a good meal for breakfast.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you guys are going to think I'm such a weirdo for the Jackson/Shinyoung pairing, I don't blame you. But their interactions were really cute during IGOT7 and I think that it wasn't any type of intended thing but sometimes it got flirty. Plus, I've been a fan of Shinyoung for a long time and she's adorable. She was so cute during her stint on WGM, literally the cutest little thing.

Also, I know a lot of you are used to having Yixing as EXO-M's mom but actually on the fancafe a fan left the question of who was the mom. Xiumin answered that he was Cleaning Mom and Yixing was Cooking Mom. Also during an early interview with EXO-K when they had to describe EXO-M, D.O described Xiumin and said they had similar mom roles. Also I like Xiuris more than Kray (ok xiuris is my Kris OTP) but technically saying Lay is EXO-M's mom is also right.

writes 900,000 word Xiuris au fanfic set in Vancouver with Kris as the Simon Fraser student who doesn't trust the SkyTrain and Xiumin as the adorable unaware UBC student that likes SFU's Brutalist buildings. Guest apperances by Tao who goes to Mount Allison and hooks up with everyone and Chen as the troll that studied French all his life to go to Québec but ends up enrolling at Bishop's and wears too much purple.

That above paragraph didn't happen.

<3 Smooches <3

P.S the xiuris au fanfic that we don't talk about goes onto to win an award for the most Canadian fanfic out there.