Hair Issues

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

Jaebum had arrived at home at three in the afternoon on a Thursday to find it empty except for Jackson who was eating potato chips in the kitchen while going through a magazine.

 

“I know Mine is still at the university but where is everyone else?” Jaebum asked. The house was never this empty on a weekday. He struggled to remember if there was anything planned. No one had any doctor's appointments did they? Did Youngjae have piano practice? Were any girl groups holding fansignings or concerts that BamBam desperately need to attend? Did Yugyeom join a dance crew? Did Mark really end up going on a date with the woman with the cute dog?

 

“They're at the hair salon.” Jackson said without even looking up from his magazine.

 

“It was about time for Yugyeom and BamBam to change their hair anyways.” Jaebum sighed. He swore it was getting worse after discovering that their step-uncle was JYP. “What about Youngjae and Mark?”

 

“They're at the hair salon too.”

 

“Youngjae's hair was getting kinda long and Mark probably needed to dye his hair again. Based on the pictures that Mine has, I swear Mark's been dying his hair that red colour since he was born.” Jaebum grabbed a glass and poured himself a glass of water.

 

He took a sip and called Jinyoung.


“Hey, I'm just letting you know that everyone except for Jackson is at the hair salon. So don't be shocked when you come home and see that BamBam's hair is rainbow or something.” Jaebum said.

 

Jinyoung laughed. “I'll be sure to contain myself. It's barley been four months since we all started living together and nothing BamBam could do to his hair can shock me. It's a change from Youngjae and Mark.”

 

“I don't know about you but I'm glad to have Mark and Youngjae around. It's nice coming home to see the same hair colour and style on someone for more than three days. I'll see you soon.” Jaebum hung up the phone.

 

“I don't change my hair colour. Just the style.” Jackson said in his defense.

 

“I know. You're a good first-born.” Jaebum said walking over and ruffling Jackson's hair. “This hair thing is my fault anyways. If I never dyed my hair during high school then BamBam and Yugyeom wouldn't be like they are now. Look at Mark and Youngjae, they had the same hair colour almost all their life just like Mine.”

 

Jackson was still eating his potato chips and reading his magazine and Jaebum was drinking another glass of water when Mark, Youngjae, BamBam, and Yugyeom entered the house.

 

Yugyeom was the first to enter and stepped into the kitchen. “Just wanted to let you know that we arrived home.” Yugyeom said before rushing up the stairs.

 

“I like the hairstyle.” Jaebum yelled out after him. “I wonder what BamBam did.”

 

“Hey family!” BamBam said with a smile coming into the kitchen slowly.

 

Jaebum spit out his water as soon as he saw BamBam. “BamBam, what's wrong?”

 

“Nothing's wrong. I just got my hair dyed. Did Jackson-hyung forget to tell you about it?”

 

Jaebum stared. BamBam's hair was brown. A very nice dark brown that looked very natural. All of it was dark brown, there wasn't a single hint of colour anywhere else. “But dark brown is a normal hair colour for Asians. Why do you have a nice normal Asian hair colour?”

 

“I wanted a change Dad. It's not too bad right. It's only hair, I can dye it something completely weird tomorrow. I have to go pretend that I did my homework before Mom gets home.” And with that BamBam was off, going up the stairs as if he didn't just shatter everything the Im family stood for.

 

“I can't believe that I'm going to say this but you're the only normal one left from my original kids, Jackson.”

 

“Yes!” Jackson smiled. “I knew one day you were going to say that. Pretty soon you'll be saying that I'm even more normal than Mark-hyung and Youngjae.”

 

“That isn't possible.” Jaebum said. Mark and Youngjae quietly walked into the kitchen. “Oh my God. What happened to you two?” Jaebum yelled. “Mine is going to kill me.”

 

“I just remembered I have somewhere to be.” Jackson said grabbing his keys from the table and his shoes and leaving the house.

 

“It's not that bad is it?” Youngjae said. He was fully aware of how bad it was. He had dyed his hair blonde and Mark had dyed it a silver colour. They had never done things like this before, it was BamBam's idea when he asked Mark to give him and Yugyeom a ride to the hair salon. BamBam wanted to shock everyone by dyeing his hair brown but on the ride there he talked about how much fun different hair colours were that Youngjae and Mark were brainwashed into dyeing their hair.

 

“You two aren't supposed to dye your hair. You two are meant to be the good kids. Mine used up every bit of psychological studying to be the best dad to you two. He makes sure you two eat a healthy diet and get fifteen minutes of cardio exercise. How can you go and do something like this to him? Is this about the noona with the cute dog?”

 

“I told you I'm not dating her! I just like her dog!” Mark said. He was trying not to think too much about the fact that his hair was silver. He found the more he thought about it the more he wanted to go back to salon and demand that it was red again.

 

“Speaking of that noona, we saw her again near the hair salon. She was walking her dog, it was really cute.” Youngjae added.

 

“You're already meeting up with her in secret? Is she a celebrity? I can't handle another repeat of Jackson and Shinyoung.”

 

“She's not a celebrity. I'm not meeting up with her in secret and I am not repeating Jackson and Shinyoung-noona. She was just walking Youngsoon around the area.”

 

“What are you planning on telling Mine?”

 

“We'll explain that we went along with BamBam and Yugyeom to the salon and we couldn't resist so we ended up dyeing our hair.” Youngjae said. “He'll understand us. He almost never got angry at us.”

 

“There was that one time when had to participate in a Korean history quiz...” Mark said quietly.

 

“That was one time and in the end we were all proud of you anyway.” Youngjae said.

 

“Alright but if Mine decides to kill you when he comes home then I won't do anything about it.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had another chapter planned but I was so emotionally affected by the hair style changes in Stop Stop It MV that I needed to write this. I had planned on talking about other things in the author's note but the hair style changes really did affect them. it's been two days since I've seen the MV and the only things I can think about is their hair colours. I can't even remember much of the MV other than Jaebum falling and their hair and I literally have no recollection of the song. I don't even know if it's good or not or if I like it , I was just focused on the hair the whole time.

Why diid Mark and Youngjae do that to their hair? I loved their old hairstyles so much. I actually do feel upset by this still a little. I was seriously affected by this. At least that's what fanfiction is for.

<3 Smooches <3