Where it all began

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum had met in high school. They were both dragged too eagerly by their respective school principals to their schools' joint performance club and forced to sign up. It was their first time meeting, they had heard about each other from their principals each one praising the other student's talents. They struck up an easy friendship, Jinyoung had a lovely voice and Jaebum, a natural talent for dance. Even with each others bad points; Jinyoung had an occasional know-it-all diva side and Jaebum was occasionally an idiot that seemed destined to be academically sub-par, they became best friends.

 

They went their separate ways during university. Jinyoung went off to a very well-respected university, not the very one he wanted to go to but in the eyes of ninety-nine percent of the population, he was destined to succeed based on school name alone. Jaebum went off to a decent university, it wasn't the worst but still he wouldn't be going anywhere solely based on his school's name. He didn't even study his university's specialization. He didn't even finish university(Jinyoung's predication that if Jaebum ever took a leave of absence it would become permanent unfortunately came true) and left to start his career.

 

Even though he never finished his degree, Jaebum still managed to achieve his directing dream. Of course, the road was hard and long especially in the beginning because he wasn't going to compromise or hide the fact that he was biual but he made it. He even had to step in front of the camera sometimes and act. Jaebum couldn't blame them, he was after all a very attractive guy. Jinyoung wasn't there and it had been so long but for some reason, every time Jaebum had those thoughts he would picture Jinyoung's eye-roll.

 

Jinyoung did finish his degree and went off into the exciting (read: very very boring, please do not follow this career path at all) world of academic psychological study. He spent his life studying away so he could edit research essays on the superego and write books about the blend of Eastern and Western medical practices. At least in the world of academia, his ual orientation would never be scrutinized and analyzed like they were the test studies of his research like Jaebum's was.

 

Jaebum never had much care when it came to relationships. From the start of his fame, he had dated only one man. The media figured he was appeasing them or the general Korean public but it wasn't the case. He had only found that one man both attractive outwardly and inwardly enough to date. The women that he dated, he dated for the same reason. It was pure coincidence.

 

He did spend a fair portion of his time single though, so he did what any young and rich and up and coming and attractive celebrity would do. He adopted some kids. To be fair he adopted two, the last one was the result of a very short and brief drunken pact with a female biual make-up artist that worked on a drama with him. They were friends and she said that she wanted to experience pregnancy. So they slept together and she got pregnant and gave birth. She later left for Europe when she met her true love, a princess from some obscure European country. Jaebum saw it as a fair trade; he got a son and she got to be a princess.

 

Jinyoung also was lonely. He had his friends but he didn't want to deal with relationships. They ended as quickly as they started. He had his academic journals and his students to think about. He couldn't go off clubbing or doing the walk of shame out of somebody's apartment. He did want company though and so he adopted. It would be nice coming home and seeing people that had their days bettered by him and it would be nice to have his head lifted from his books and reminded that an outside world existed.

 

And so their lives went on. Jinyoung had his journals and his research essays and his classes and when even he got sick and tired of big words and bigger egos he could go home and spend time with his two favourite boys. Mark, whom he adopted from America and Youngjae whom he adopted from an orphanage in Mokpo. They were the lights of his life. Jaebum worked on his dramas and films, mostly from behind the camera but occasionally he did get roped into appearing in front of it. The Korean public learned to love him, biuality and all. Most importantly, they also learned to love his sons; Jackson, BamBam, and Yugyeom.

 

The biggest surprise of Jaebum's career came when he was asked to appear on an episode of Happy Together. It was a special focusing on the handsome men, that for the most part, were behind the scenes. He went into the dressing room to get ready and greet the hosts and was shocked to discover that Jinyoung was there.

 

He went and greeted him. Jinyoung knew who he was, he confessed that every time the TV was on and he saw Jaebum or one of his dramas, he would sit down and watch. Jaebum didn't have a single clue about the journals or the type of classes that Jinyoung wrote and taught but he was so glad to see him. He confessed that every time he felt like he was going to do something stupid or when he said something stupid, Jinyoung was the voice in his head scolding him.

 

The filming went great, the hosts and the two other guests were able to pick up on Jinyoung and Jaebum's natural chemistry and oohed and aahed when they discovered that Jaebum and Jinyoung had known each other from high school and both had such natural chemistry. The hosts even joked that if they got married, they would need to thank Happy Together.

 

Two weeks after Happy Together was done filming, Jinyoung did potentially what was the most impulsive decision in his life and complied with Jaebum's request to go with him to visit Europe. While in Europe, Jinyoung did what was definitely the most impulsive decision in his life and married Jaebum.


And that was how Jinyoung ended up on a flight back to Korea with a husband and a wedding band and no clue on how to tell his children that they were getting a step-father.

 

Mark and Youngjae were waiting patiently for their father to arrive. Or at least, were pretending to wait patiently.

 

“Can you go and check to make sure the flight isn't delayed?” Mark asked Youngjae as they stood waiting around.


“I checked,” Youngjae looked at his clock. “Three minutes ago. I don't think the flight is late. Maybe Dad is just taking his time to leave the plane?”

 

“But why?” Mark asked. He turned around. “Aren't they the kids of that celebrity Dad is obessed with?”

 

“Yeah. One of them goes to my school. Another one goes to your old high school.” Youngjae said.

 

“And the oldest one went to high school with me. Foreigner high schools what up?” Mark said.

 

Jackson had gotten sick and tired of waiting for his Dad, so instead he sat down.

 

“Hyung, please stand up. People are going to stare.” Yugyeom asked as he held the sign that they made for their Dad in his hands. The sign, was simple and easy to confuse for a regular fan sign for any celebrity expect for the part where the sign read 'The #1 Dad is back! Love, Jackson, BamBam, and Yugyeom'

 

“I don't care if they stare. Dad is taking way too long with this flight. I have things to do.” Jackson said.

 

“What things? You don't have a job and you don't go to university. What do you do in your free time?” BamBam asked.

 

“The ladies.”Jackson said with a wink and brush of his shoulder.

 

Yugyeom sighed. These were the moments when he wondered if his Mom would let him live with her and her wife.

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung were standing on the other side of the door, waiting to step out and greet their children. “I don't know if we should do it like this. We aren't even at our house yet. What if they react badly to it?” Jinyoung said.

 

Jaebum interlocked his arm with Jinyoung's. “They're not going to. Well, at least I know your kids aren't going to. You probably raised them better than to throw a scandal in public. My children, on the other hand.”Jaebum sighed and shook his head.

 

Jinyoung smiled. “Don't worry, now that I'm part of the family I'll make sure that they are raised right.”

 

“Hey, they might be a little off-kilter but I did a good job raising my kids by myself. They all know how to walk and talk and chew their food and make friends. What else matters?”

 

Jinyoung gave an eye-roll and Jaebum fell in love with him all over again. Jaebum pushed the door opened and waited for the inevitable.

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung had shown each other family pictures but the reality was so much different, Jaebum noted. Mark was even handsomer in person and had a quiet appealing aura. Youngjae, also was so much more handsome in person and had a face that was always waiting to break out into a smile.

 

Jaebum felt a little bit embarrassed that his children were the first ones to rush up when they saw him and Jinyoung. Although to be fair, they were a stampede (even Yugyeom meander along quicker than normal) and didn't seem to notice Jinyoung as they were too busy shoving their fan sign into Jaebum's face.

 

Mark and Youngjae noticed the man holding onto their Dad's arm right away but chose to stay behind the stampede and waited for their Dad to let them know what was going on.

 

BamBam was the first one to notice their father was holding onto someone. He pushed Jackson and Yugyeom back. “Dad, who's this guy?” Mark and Youngjae saw their chance and came closer to the group.

 

Jaebum cleared his throat. “This is Jinyoung, he's a psychologist and a university professor. He's also my new husband.” Jackson fell on the floor. No one bothered to check to see if he actually fainted or if it was all just an act. They were all too busy with their jaws dropped and staring at Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung took this time to introduce Jaebum. “Kids, this as you all know is Jaebum. He directs dramas and movies. We were friends from our teenage years. I decided to marry him after we were re-united on Happy Together.”

 

“Who are they then?” BamBam pointed to Mark and Youngjae. He looked closer at Mark. “Didn't you go to my high school? You were in Jackson-hyung's class right?” BamBam looked over at the motionless Jackson on the floor. “Hyung! I think one of our new step-siblings went to high school with you.”

 

Jackson sprang up from the floor and turned to Mark. “Oh hey, what up man?” He said in English giving Mark a bro-hug before turning to his father. “Dad! You can't just marry some random guy. Why do you need a psychologist for? I know Yugyeom isn't the most normal but we love him all the same. Why did you get married? I don't want another Dad?” Jackson's voice got increasingly high-pitched.


“Jinyoung isn't some random psychologist. We knew each other since before I was your age. We were re-united on Happy Together and decided to act upon the feelings that we had for each other since we were teenagers.”

 

Jackson continued whining. “But Dad the very least you could have texted us! Or at least me, I'm your first-born!”

 

“Technically, I'm his first-born.” Yugyeom said.

 

“I'm your eldest.” Jackson pouted his lips. “Please?” he said in English.

 

“You know what? I made us reservations at this really nice restaurant. Why don't we all meet up there. Go straight there and we can talk about it.” Jaebum pressed a quick kiss to Jinyoung's lips and grabbed his luggage and started to leave with Yugyeom, BamBam, and Jackson trailing behind him making various noises of complaints and whines.

 

Jinyoung gave a smile to his two sons. “I know this is going to be hard on you boys but remember I am your father.” he said sternly before pulling them into a hug. “You're not mad at me, are you?”


Mark and Youngjae looked at each other from across Jinyoung. Mad? No. Disappointed? Well, yeah.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was actually written as two seperate ones but I decided to combine them since they were so short! I'm sorry if there the start of the airport scene was awkward. This will be updated fairly quick at first because I do have some chapters already  written.

I hope you all enjoy the story so far!

<3 Smooches <3