Next Friday Night

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

It was Friday and Jackson and Mark had decided to be good brothers and go pick up their younger brothers from school. Actually, there were out playing basketball and they had received a text message from Dad asking if they wouldn't mind. Jackson took the text message to mean that they still weren't done having yet.

 

They were waiting in front of Youngjae and Yugyeom's school as BamBam had to finish something up and would be getting out later. They were leaning on a wall, Mark leaning and occasionally checking on his phone while Jackson spun the basketball.


“I'm telling you, I was point-guard in high school.” Jackson said for the nth time to Mark.

 

“We went to the same high school. You weren't point-guard.” Mark said for the nth time to Jackson.

 

“You graduated a year earlier. How do you know I didn't become point-guard then?” Jackson said as a girl walked out of the school gates.

 

She was clearly in her last year and had already begun to pile on bracelets from her bag and tie her hair up in a bun. Jackson, didn't pay any attention to her, which didn't bother her but she couldn't keep her eyes off of Mark.

 

“Hi,” Mark called out making his accent even more pronounced then usual when he noticed her staring at him.”

 

The girl stopped and looked over at Jackson. “Hi.” She addressed to both of them. “Haven't seen you in a while.” she told Jackson.

 

Jackson stopped spinning the basketball. “How you've been?”

 

“Good.” the girl said before making her way closer to Mark, a strand of her hair already wrapped around her finger to curl at any moment. Jackson watched as the girl flirted with Mark, eventually giving him her number on a piece of paper and walking in direction of the bus stop.

 

“You like her?” Jackson asked.

 

“She was nice but I don't think I'm going to call her.” Mark said placing the piece of paper with her number neatly into his pocket.

 

“You're not interested in girls?”

 

Mark nodded.

 

“Interested in boys?” Jackson tried once again.

 

“No.”

 

“Then what are you interested in?”


Mark shrugged. “No one, really. Plus even if I was, it would be awkward going after my step-brother's ex-girlfriend.”

 

Jackson guffawed (Mark wasn't aware guffawing was an actual thing) at this. “First, stop with the whole step-brother thing, we're just brothers. And secondly, we never dated. I dated her mom.”

 

Youngjae and Yugyeom came out of the school gates before Mark realized he needed to respond to Jackson's statement.

 

“What are the hyungs doing here?” Yugyeom asked.

“We came to pick you up.” Jackson explained ruffling Yugyeom and Youngjae's hair.

 

Youngjae let out a whine as Jackson ruffled his hair. “Where are Mom and Dad?”

 

“Making love.” Jackson replied.

 

Youngjae looked horrified while Yugyeom made a noise that sounded like he was going to vomit at any moment.

 

They picked up BamBam and drove home, everyone pitching in and helping Mark read the signs in Korean, and arrived at home seeing their sitting on the couch in the living room. “What's going on?” Jackson asked as they entered the house.

 

“Come in, we just want to talk.” Jinyoung said. The kids all gathered in the sitting room standing in a semi-circle around their parents. “It isn't anything bad. We're not angry at any of you.”

 

“Did BamBam get a girl pregnant?” Jackson asked seriously.

 

“Hyung!” BamBam said with a whine. “Did Jackson-hyung get a girl pregnant? Did Youngjae-hyung?”

 

Youngjae looked at BamBam horrified. “I would never do that. Did Yugyeom get a girl pregnant?”

 

Jackson looked over at Yugyeom and scolded him. “I told you to be careful of those girls that are only trying to become princesses.”

 

“I didn't get anyone pregnant!” Yugyeom said. “Did Mark-hyung get a girl pregnant?”


“That would be impossible.” Mark said.

 

“It's true.” Jinyoung said.

 

“No one got anyone pregnant.” Jaebum said. “I don't even know how you guys thought of that one.”

 

“Are you guys getting a divorce?” Yugyeom said. He didn't mean to sound so sad and his dad and Jinyoung hadn't even been married for a week yet but he had never seen his dad so happy. Mark-hyung and Youngjae-hyung were really nice people and the whole family had never felt so whole before.

 

“No, of course not. I'm not stupid enough to lose Jinyoung for a second time.” Jaebum said.


Jinyoung gave a soft smile in Jaebum's direction. “No one is leaving this family and before you guys start we are not adopting another kid. This family is still only going to be seven people, it's just that tomorrow is Friday night and you will have the house to yourselves.”

 

Jackson, BamBam, and Yugyeom all high-fived each other while Mark and Youngjae nodded.

 

“Why are you going to be gone? I thought you didn't have conferences to go to and there aren't any university events are there?” Youngjae asked.

“I don't have anything planned but Jaebum-hyung is taking me to Itaewon.” Jinyoung said.

 

“Why are you still calling me hyung? We're married, not in high school! Give me a nickname you always wanted to call your husband.” Jaebum whined.

 

“Fine, I've always wanted to call someone Caramel Macchiato.” Jinyoung confessed.

 

“And we're leaving.” BamBam said as he and his brothers made a beeline for the stairs.

 

“Go to the kitchen, there's food and we still haven't set the rules for tomorrow night.” Jaebum said.

 

The kitchen table was laid out with pizza and fried chicken. Mark and Youngjae figured that this was Jaebum's doing. Their Dad wasn't a fan of unhealthy foods. They sat at the table, Jaebum and Jinyoung at each end and began to eat.

 

“I know that me and Mine-”

 

Jinyoung cut Jaebum off. “Mine?”

 

“I've always wanted to call whoever I married that.” Jaebum said, a bit sad that Jinyoung wasn't thrilled by it. “You call me Caramel Macchiato, I call you Mine.”

 

“Mine, Mine. Mine. After a while it starts to sound good. Continue.” Jinyoung said.

 

“I know that me and Mine have different rules for when we leave you guys alone but now since we're all one family, we wanted to combine our rules. So Jackson, you can't bring any middle-aged women home. I don't want to hear what you have say because I do not need that image of my son in my head.” Jaebum said sternly, however the look he was giving Jackson said “Bring home your girlfriends, it's OK.”

 

“And we won't be checking to make sure you're doing your homework or not making too much noise.” Jinyoung said with a pleasant smile and looking at Youngjae to make sure he realized he had to do his homework and there was no way in hell he would be playing loud music.

 

“Where are you going Mom?” Mark asked.

 

“Jaebum informs that every Friday night the greatest restaurant in Itaewon becomes a hot spot for famous gay guys.” Jinyoung explained.

 

“You're going clubbing on Homo Hill?” Youngjae asked perplexed. He couldn't picture the man that adopted him partying and drinking in Homo Hill.

 

“No,” Jaebum laughed, Youngjae figured equally as amused at the image of Jinyoung on Homo Hill. “It's a restaurant near Homo Hill. One restaurant away from Homo Hill actually. Every Friday night me and along with some of Korea's most famous gay guys with kids meet up.”

 

“Dad used to be really sad because he was the only single one there. He would come home really drunk but now that Mom is here, that won't happen anymore!” Yugyeom said.

 

“I didn't drink that much.” Jaebum told Jackson who had a worried look on his face. “I was sad that I was the only one there that was single there. But now it's going to be better with you. Everyone wants to meet you in person. I heard that the Wu's were even flying out.”

 

“The Wu's? As in the openly biual basketball coach Wu?” Jinyoung asked. He had seen the pictures online and knew that Jaebum had connections but with Tall, Canadian, and Handsome Wu?

 

“And his husband. We need to be cuter than them.” Jaebum said.

 

“It's really fun Mom.” BamBam said. “Sometimes the paparazzi shows up and they get their pictures and half the time they're the ones that are taking them and uploading them onto Instagram. The best part is that not all of them are out of the closet so you're going to be in shock when you get there.”

 

Jinyoung sighed. “Promise me that you will all behave? Mark, we're leaving you in charge.”

 

Mark who was happily eating his fried chicken and drinking his Coke looked up. “Why me?”

 

Jackson whined and kicked his chair with the back of his feet. “Yeah, why him? Why isn't it me?”

 

“Because you'll be too busy, not spending time with your noonas.” Jaebum said, hoping that Jinyoung didn't catch that wink.

 

“Don't worry Mom,” Jackson said catching on to what his Dad was hinting at. “Have fun, me and Mark-hyung will take good care of the house.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you guess the other dads that'll make an apperance next chapter? We have Jin (Bangtan) and Kris (EXO) but what about the fashion designer that was mentioned last chapter? Please keep in mnd that the couples featured in this story are the "Mom" and "Dad" of their respective groups and may not always reflect my ships.

Also I did not make those nicknames up. Those are the nicknames JB and Jr gave Suzy in IGOT7 episode 3. (I would link but I don't have the eng sub just the vostfr)

A thank you to everyone that's commented and upvoted and subscribed so far. Seeing your upvotes, comments and subscriptions make my day.

<3 Smooches <3