This Friday Night pt,1

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

“Freedom at last.” Jackson said as he shut the door behind him. They had just seen Jinyoung and Jaebum off and now were fully alone in the house.

 

“I should go upstairs and do my homework.” Youngjae said making his way up the stairs.

 

Jackson placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped him. “Do you have your things down here?”
 

“Yes, I was going to clean up my desk and then come down and get my bag.”


“Just do your homework here. My girlfriend is coming over.”

 

Youngjae turned his head away from Jackson's and made a face going into the kitchen where his backpack was placed. Yugyeom was already doing math problems, his tongue sticking out in concentration.

 

“Are you not going to do your homework?” Youngjae asked BamBam sitting down on a stool in the island.

 

BamBam and Mark were leaning on the counters near the stove eating rice cakes. Youngjae didn't know what had gotten into Mark. They would be ordering dinner soon and why did have Mark have his hood on indoors? “Homework? I don't do homework hyung. I read the book in my literature classes or in my history classes when the teacher assigns a chapter to read but never any actual assignments. Yugyeom is the hope of the Im family.”

 

Youngjae looked over at Yugyeom, who seemed part golden retriever at times and remembered how Jackson said once that his goal was to make a mini-Jackson out of Yugyeom. Youngjae felt a surge of brotherly love towards Yugyeom that he never felt before.

 

Jackson came into the kitchen and headed straight towards the liquor cabinet and pulled out a bottle of expensive red wine.

 

“Are you really going to bring her here?” Mark asked. He had no idea Jackson would be so quick to bring over his girlfriend.

 

“I'm not bringing her over. She's driving here. Already on her way actually.” Jackson worked his way quickly around the kitchen, grabbing two wine glasses.

 

“What girl is she anyway? Is it someone you've been wanting to hook up for a while with?” BamBam asked.

 

Jackson looked at him and no one in the family had ever seen Jackson looked so offended before. “I'm not hooking up with her. Didn't you hear me? She's my girlfriend. My Candy.”

 

“Candy?” Mark repeated in English. Jackson had said it in Korean but there was no way he could think that a pet name like 'satang' would work.

 

“No, Candy.” Jackson said in Korean. Then again, Mark remembered, Jackson was raised by a man who chose 'Mine' out of all the nicknames in the world. And Mark was raised by a man who chose 'Caramel Macchiato.'

 

“Whoa, you're really serious about this noona aren't you hyung?” Yugyeom said looking up from his math problems. “You always said you would only call a girl Candy if you really loved her.”

 

“I think she may be the one.” Jackson seemed to be getting teary-eyed. “And she's not like the other women I dated. She's only ten years older than me and she's a celebrity.” Jackson picked up his bottle and his wine glasses and went upstairs.

 

“You know what this means,” BamBam addressed the remainder of his siblings. “We have to wait in front of the door all evening. We can not risk on seeing Jackson-hyung's celebrity girlfriend. I bet she's an actress from one of Dad's movies. Also can we order Chinese food?”

 

Jinyoung had to admit, he was more nervous than expected. The traffic was moving smoothly and the time to meet up with everyone at Itaewon was getting closer.

 

“Don't be so nervous.” Jaebum said. “Not all of them can make it. Kangin and Leeteuk send their apologies and do really want to meet you but they can't make it today. The Yoos just got back from Brazil so they'll probably be too jet-lagged to be real.”

 

“Wait, Kangin and Leeteuk?” Jinyoung said. This was an even bigger connection than with Tall, Canadian, and Handsome Wu. Kangin and Leeteuk were the it couple of Korea, not the gay it couple, just the it couple. They had adopted at least eleven kids (maybe more?) and all of their kids had grown to be just as rich and famous as their fathers (except for Siwon who became a pastor and one of the richest men in Korea).

 

“Yeah, you know their real names aren't Kangin and Leeteuk?”

 

“What?” Jinyoung as an academic psychologist didn't get shocked with much but this was mind-blowing.

 

“Yeah! And they even went though the process to change some of their kid's names.”

 

Jinyoung sat stunned. Not only did he marry a man who went out drinking in Homo Hill with Kangin and Leeteuk but even knew personal information about them. What had he missed when he was researching the human mind?

 

They found a tight parking spot and made their way to the restaurant. Once they arrived the restaurant was virtually empty except for a table in the way back. To be fair, the restaurant wasn't the biggest of spaces and not any of the fancy foreign restaurants that Jinyoung had been to in Itaewon. Truth be told, Jinyoung thought that he had walked into a hot bar.

 

They made their way to the table in the back when a figure appeared in front of them and immediately fell to the ground.

 

“I told you the floor was slippery.” A voice from behind the figure said and even though the voice was rough it was not unkind.

 

The figure picked himself up and brushed himself off. The figure was in fact, Lee 'Onew' Jinki, a weather broadcaster/travel show host and the voice behind him was Kim 'Key' Kibum, fashion designer and Jinki's husband. This Jinyoung was excepting. Everyone knew Kibum and Jinki were married and Jinyoung had seen Jaebum post pictures of them together on social media.

 

Jinki held out his hand. “It's really nice to meet you. I can't believe Jaebum found someone to settle down with.”

 

“It's nice to meet you too.” Jinyoung said shaking Jinki's hand.

 

“I for one can. Leaving for Europe with no good explanation. Not even attempting to say it's for a movie or a drama? Not even using Yugyeom's mom as an excuse? You had something going on, especially after the whole Happy Together episode.” Kibum said. He shook Jinyoung's hand. “Congrats on getting married. I didn't know academic psychologists could be so good-looking until that episode. Jaebum picked himself a good husband.”


Jinki and Kibum sat at the booth where their things were and Jaebum took one of the chairs in front of them. “Are you going to sit?” Jaebum asked Jinyoung, who seemed frozen in place.

 

“Sit together!” Kibum said. “It's OK to act a little cheesy. You two didn't get a dating period.”

 

“Go on some TV shows together.” Jinki told Jaebum. “Act cheesy.”

 

“Just don't be like us and go on a TV show right at the start of your dating and then have that episode be the show's last episode.” Kibum said.

 

Jinyoung stared ahead at something and Jaebum followed his gaze. “We did give fair warning and say not all of the guys at this table were out of the closet.”

 

“Suga?” Jinyoung asked. There was Suga, now going by his real name Min Yoongi, national rapper of Korea when Jinyoung was in college and now producer to some of the greatest rappers in Korea. “And Kim Jin?” There was Kim Jin sitting next to Suga, a little too closely to be considered friendliness. Jinyoung had to sit down. “Are you two married?”

 

“Married, no.” Jin explained. “We have been together for a very long time. We also may or may not have raised five kids together.”

 

“Still raising, Jungkook still hasn't graduated high school and Taehyung is still living at home.” Yoongi said raising his beer to his lips.

 

The five kids, Jinyoung's mind processed. There was Jin's kids, Namjoon now known as Rap Monster and Jungkook still in high school. Everyone knew they were adopted and everyone chalked it up to Kim Jin being the awkwardest actor in Korea but at the same time having a heart of gold. Suga's kids; Hoseok, his actual biological son and Jimin and Taehyung, who most also assumed were the products of some illicit affair.

 

“So, is Hoseok not your biological son?” Jinyoung asked. “And the rumours that Jimin and Taehyung also are your biological sons is wrong? What about the story with Hoseok's mother dying because of childbirth and you dedicating all of your albums to her?” Jinyoung, as an academic psychologist found the way Yoongi cared about a woman he only had a one night stand with but owed a tremendous amount to, fascinating when he was researching the psychological effects that children have and as a parent he found Yoongi's strength inspiring.

 

“No, that story is true. Hoseok is my biological son. I never dated his mom and never had any intentions to but during her pregnancy we became friends. I meant what I wrote in my albums, she was a really good friend and is my angel. Jimin and Taehyung are adopted. You have kids?”

 

“One of them goes to Jungkook's school!” Jin said. There was something sweet about the combination of Yoongi (who after all these years still carried himself with all the swag of Suga) and Jin (The Awkward Pink Princess of Korea).

 

“I had adopted two children before I married Jaebum. Youngjae who goes to Jungkook's school is my youngest and Mark, graduated from an international school a few years ago.” Jinyoung hoped that no one heard the last part of his sentence.

 

“What does Mark do now? Did he graduate from university already?” Jin asked.

 

“Mark, as of right now, is unemployed and he's never been to university.” Jinyoung said. He was never ashamed of what his son did but there was something about the way Jin asked that made it so awkward.

 

“So he's like Taehyung.” Yoongi said.

 

“What does Taehyung do?” Jinyoung remembered seeing Taehyung on TV once. They did a rapper special back ten years ago or so and Suga who was still young and attractive but with three children was an obvious choice to spend a day filming. Taehyung must have been nine or ten but he was a free spirit that charmed everyone.

 

“Nothing.” Jin said. “He's at home right now checking his online dating profile.”

 

“Hoseok is dancing in Gwanju, Namjoon is rapping in the underground, Jimin is in America married and on a reality TV show called 'Love&Hip-Hop', Jungkook's in high school and Taehyung is trying to get married within the next three years.” Yoongi said, sounding as neutral as he did on TV.

 

“At least it's better than Taemin.” Kibum said. “You know where he is. We gave up on knowing where Taemin is.”

 

“Do you really not know?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Taemin is the best subject to talk about once we start drinking.” Jaebum said. “You can make a soju drinking game of what you think Taemin is doing right now.”

 

“We know he's in Korea. He promised to tell us if he left the country. Other than that, it's an adventure.” Jinki said.

 

“I don't know where we went wrong. I think it's because he's the only one we raised since he was a baby and even though he's the maknae, he was the first one we adopted. That's why he says the things he does and randomly appears on TV.” Kibum said with a sigh. “I'm a 100% sure that he has a kid somewhere and I'm 98% sure the baby is Swiss. I told him before he left not to get a girl pregnant.”

 

Jinyoung saw the program Kibum was speaking of. Jinki hosted a travel show about Thailand for a while and his TV company thought it would be a great idea to have a family special. Jinki went to Thailand (Jinyoung thought it was the TV company forcing him but apparently Jinki just really liked Thailand), their eldest son Jonghyun who was an idol went to Japan (which Jinyoung found strange because his group was famous in Japan), Minho, their second eldest who was on break from the European football season chose to go to England (even though he played for the English football league), Kibum followed Minho, and Taemin went to Switzerland and had the time of his life.

 

“It would be nice to have grand-kids.” Jinki said. He placed a pineapple bag onto the table. “PINee is getting lonely.”

 

Kibum spoke. “When all of our kids left, I got dogs and decided to raise them. He's raising PINee.”

 

“PINee?” Jinyoung asked.

 

Jinki smiled and spoke clearly, happy to explain. “You know our son Jonghyun's group right?” Jinyoung nodded. “PINee is a mix of pineapple, the fruit in which it's the shape of and SHINee which is Jonghyun's group name.”

 

Jaebum whispered into Jinyoung's ear. “Things like this make me glad that we still have all of our children living with us.”

 

“You must be Jinyoung! It's nice to meet you.” A voice called out as steps became louder and another couple drew closer to the table.

Jinyoung and the rest of the table got up to greet them. It was Korean billionaire Kim Joonmyeon and his househusband Do-Kim Kyungsoo. Joonmyeon was carrying a cake and seemed to have a halo around him while Kyungsoo was dressed in far too many layers for any type of weather except Antarctica and was glaring at everything and everyone around him.

 

Joonmyeon greeted everyone warmly and Jinyoung thanked him for the congratulations cake he brought.

Kyungsoo's greeting and introduction might have been short and straightforward but he was kind about it and nothing like the first impression he gave off until, everyone sat down again.

 

Kibum asked Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon a question as soon as they sat down. “Do you have any explanation on why our youngest children decided to appear on Running Man together? For what seemed to be no good reason.”

 

“I can't keep tabs on everyone.” Kyungsoo said. “Jongin's suppose to be dancing ballet and Sehun's suppose to be studying to become Prime Minister. Whatever they do during their spare time is not my problem.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be too long I fear so I've seperated it into parts, the next part should be up soon, tomorrow at the earliest. But how many of got the couples right? I seperated EXO into EXO-K and EXO-M so the parents of EXO-M are still a mystery.

The show Key and Onew were talking about going on is High Top Society in which they really did act like an early stages of dating couple (and even did a WGM parody), I have the link in case any of you are interested.

But the biggest question is: CAN YOU GUESS WHO JACKSON'S GIRLFRIEND IS? SHE'S A REAL CELEBRITY AND ACTUALLY IS 10 YEARS OLDER THAN HIM.

To me, it's obvious but then again I actually kinda really ship them so much so I am biased but I feel like she's an obvious choice?

Please comment,

<3 Smooches <3