Other People's Children

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

“Is it bad that sometimes I wish that our children were different?” Jinyoung asked.

 

Jaebum groaned and stirred beside him in the bed. “We just had . Are you trying to purposely kill the mood?”

 

“We had -” Jinyoung reached over and looked at his phone. “Three hours ago. I'm being serious. Do you ever wish you could change something about Jackson, BamBam, or Yugyeom?” Jinyoung did have to admit. Bringing up children while under the covers with your husband wasn't the best way to raise the mood.

 

“There are a lot of things I wished I could change about those three.” Jaebum snorted. “But aren't you the psychologist? Should you really be asking me for advice?”

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes. “I know. Like I know it's bad to actively compare your children to the children of others but I can't help it. Jongin got a boyfriend and Kyungsoo-hyung sent me his picture and Jongin's boyfriend just looks so successful that I can't help it.”

 

“Jongin got a boyfriend? Let me see the picture.” Jaebum said. Jinyoung pulled up the picture on his phone and handed it to Jaebum.

 

“He's decent-looking. He looks madly in love with Jongin so that's good. But are significant others really something to compare? Out of all our kids Jackson is the only one that's dating. Unless you count BamBam and his girl group posters.” Jaebum handed Jinyoung back his phone.

 

“It's not only Jongin though. His boyfriend looks like he's headed towards the right path in life and he suits Jongin. Anyone could tell that they were together even if they weren't next to each other. Even Taemin looks good with the mother of his child and they're not even romantically involved in any way. Jimin's married with a TV show in America. None of our children have that.”

 

“Wait a couple months and then Shinyoung will have Hazel or Joseph. We'll be on par with the Lees. Better even because at least she and Jackson are dating.” Jaebum said, trying to get comfortable in bed again.

“Don't say things like that. I don't want to say that I hate them together because Shinyoung is nice but her and Jackson don't add up entirely I don't even know where they met or what made Jackson attracted to her. It's not just comparing our children's love lives. What about their careers?” Jinyoung was now sitting upright in the bed.

 

“Three of our children are still in high school. Should we really be talking about careers?”

 

“Jackson and Mark don't have any plans for the future. Taemin and Mark were born in the same year and look at them. Sure, Taemin wanders around the country and gets girls pregnant but at the same time he's doing something with his life. He's appearing on TV. All of Jinki-hyung and Kibum-hyung's children are. Minho is a professional footballer in Europe! He's won championships. Jonghyun is part of one of the most popular idol groups in the country.”
 

“Those are extreme cases. Taemin has done nothing when you compare him to Minho and Jonghyun. You have to keep in mind both Kibum-hyung and Jinki-hyung also appear on TV all the time. That has to have affected the way their kids are. Me and you don't exactly have TV-appearing jobs.”

 

“What about Yoongi-hyung and Jin-hyung?” Jinyoung brought up. “The media doesn't even know they are together and their children are doing fine. Rap Monster used to be one of the best students in the nation and now he's making a name for himself in the underground. Hoseok is one of the best dancers in the Gwanju underground dance scene. Jimin has a reality TV show. Jungkook is still in high school but apparently he's good at everything.”

 

“Which leaves Taehyung. Who has an online dating profile. Even Yoongi-hyung and Jin-hyung admit that Taehyung is lazing around the house and doing nothing all day long.”

 

“That's only one out of five. We're down two out of five. Kangin and Leeteuk's kids. Kyuhyun may seem like he's a loser when you read his profile. Lives at home with his parents even though he's 26, had a marriage that only lasted for what two days, and spends his time locked in a basement playing video games. Then you realize he's a professional gamer, he lives in a mansion, and his failed marriage was with a Chinese actress.”

 

“Mine, you can't compare us or our children with Kangin and Leeteuk. There is no way we'll even come close to winning. Kangin and Leeteuk are on a different level and has raised their children in a completely different way because of all the fame.” Jaebum wrapped his arms around Jinyoung and pulled him closer. “Besides, even if our children don't have a long list of accomplishments, they're still our kids.”

 

“You're right. Even if we don't have the best kids, I know for sure that I have the best husband.” Jinyoung said kissing Jaebum's nose.

 

“You're the only one that can make that cute instead of cheesy.” Jaebum laughed.

 

“I was the official aegyo boy back in high school and university.” Jinyoung said proudly.

 

Jaebum kissed Jinyoung deeply and rolled over on top of him. “Yeah, but even with all your aegyo, you still manage to be pretty y.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry that this update is a bit later than what you're used to! I've been working on my other fanfiction and I've also got a bit swamped with real life work -_-

Also do not try to guess who Jongin's boyfriend is because it's even weirder than Shinyoung. At least Shinyoung and Jackson interacted with each other over the course of a TV show. The guy who is Jongin's boyfriend is a real person(like Shinyoung) and not a character I created(like Taemin's baby mama) but he's literally an impossible guess because he's not even a celebrity and unless you're me you probably will find it weird.

But then again we all know how much I enjoy crackships.

<3 Smooches <3