All My Clothes Smell Like You

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

Note: Please listen to If My Heart Was a House by Owl City as you read this chapter because the song was the entire inspiration for this chapter and the chapter title and broke me out of the minor writer's block that I was having when it came to this story. Also this entire chapter takes place in flash back. On another note, I am sorry that this chapter is a bit short and that the video I linked gets the name of the perfume wrong.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackson liked to spend time with his dad. He would be the first to admit that his dad was a “cool” dad. Maybe it was because his dad was young compared to the other dad of his friends or maybe it was because his dad was famous or maybe it was because in high school his dad would bleach his hair and spike it and add in pink tips. Either way, it was fun hanging out with his dad and visiting him at work. The ambiance of a television studio was so different. Everything felt fake even when you left a filming location. It was like nothing was real. It was one of the reasons why Jackson liked to spend time there even after he had finished up with his dad.

 

He was at the lobby, right in the middle of MBC, and standing with his hands in pockets looking around. It wasn't the first time he had been there and it certainly wouldn't be the last but every time a new big drama came out, he felt that they changed the interior.

 

“Can I help you find something?” A voice asked him. He turned around and found Kim Shinyoung. The first thing Jackson noticed was how clear her skin was. Even on TV she had nice skin but it was even nicer in person. Jackson may have not had BamBam's knowledge when it came to makeup but he was certain that there had to be a limit on how well makeup could work. Shinyoung definitely needed to have nice skin naturally.

 

“Oh no, I'm fine.” Jackson said.

 

There was something familiar about him that Shinyoung couldn't put her finger on. Had she seen him somewhere before? Jackson was a very good-looking man. Man? Was he a man? There was a certain boyishness to him but maybe Shinyoung was getting old. He did have the sweetest eyes she had ever seen. They were so pure, like he had never seen something bad in his entire life before.

 

“You're Director Im's son, aren't you?” she asked. “He's on the sixth floor. The elevator is right down the back but you can also follow the staircas-”

 

“I don't need to see my dad. I mean, I needed to see him but I already did.” Jackson said.

 

“Ah, well then. Nice to meet you.”

 

“You're really funny. I listen to your radio show a lot. That's what you're doing right now, isn't it?”

 

“Yes, it is. Thank you for listening to it.”

 

He stretched out his hand. “My name is Jackson Wang. I mean, Wang Jackson. I'm Director Im's eldest son.”

 

Shinyoung shook it. “Nice to meet you, Wang Jackson Jackson Wang.”

 

He laughed, it was deeper than Shinyoung expected it to be. “See you around, Noona.”

 

After he left, Shinyoung didn't know why but she blushed. She was getting old indeed.

*****

The next day she found Jackson again in the lobby as she was leaving work. “Do you visit your dad a lot?”

 

Jackson was wearing all black and carrying a cardboard drink holder from Starbucks. “I did visit him. He mainly wanted his coffee. I got you one too.”

 

He had bought her a coffee? Shinyoung occasionally did over-exaggerate her lack of romantic history on TV but she had never ever had a man buy her coffee.

 

Jackson took her silence as he had done something wrong. “I don't know exactly what you like so I got you an iced coffee with skim milk and I put a sugar in. There's also an iced green tea. I drank some of it but you can have the rest if you don't mind.”

 

“No, iced coffee with skim milk and one sugar sounds fantastic.” Jackson handed her the iced coffee. “Thank you for this.”

 

“It's no problem for a pretty girl.”

 

Shinyoung laughed. “How old are you, kid?”

 

“I'm a 94-liner. I'm 19.”

 

“I'm ten years older than you.”

 

“But it's almost March. March 28th is my birthday, I'm going to be 20 soon.”

 

“I was born December 20th 1984. The will be back again soon enough. And I'm not the type of girl you'll like.”

 

“How do you know that? You should give me a chance, Noona. We can keep it a secret.”

 

“A secret? Are you an idol or something?”

 

“No, just an Olympian.”


This kid was something else.

*****

 

“This is our third date.” Jackson said as he and Shinyoung were eating at an Italian restaurant. Jackson never cared what Shinyoung ordered and he meant it. Shinyoung always had a strange feeling that she was being judged by what she ordered even if she knew she wasn't but Jackson took that feeling away.

 

“I can't believe I've been on three with you so far.” Shinyoung said cutting her ravioli.

 

“But you're enjoying it. I can tell. You like me as much as I like you.” Jackson said with his chest puffing out with pride.

 

Shinyoung kept quiet, she did like Jackson a lot. She liked him more than she should had in the first place.

 

Jackson got up carrying his plate of spaghetti and meatballs and sat next to Shinyoung in the booth instead of across from her.

 

“Jackson what are you doing?”

 

Jackson said nothing and instead leaned his head down to his plate and began moving a meatball with his nose.

 

“Oh my God, Jackson.” Shinyoung sighed.

 

Jackson said nothing and instead pushed Shinyoung's plate to his. He rolled the meatball with his nose until it went over to Shinyoung's. He came up with a smile, pleased with himself, and wiped his nose with a napkin. Shinyoung couldn't find it in herself to complain about it. She ate the meatball.

 

Later that night she took Jackson back to her place. The was good, if not surreal, what was she doing with this ten years younger than her Olympian? Director Im's drama had four more episodes left to film, she didn't want to make it awkward with having him know what she was doing to his barely legal son. Barely legal, God what was Shinyoung doing with her life? This wasn't even going to be a funny enough story to tell on variety shows. Considering if anyone would believe her in the first place.

 

“Ten out of ten right? I figured.” Jackson said propping himself up on the bed by his elbows. He was still but had covered himself with the sheet in an attempt of false modesty. “I'm number one.”

 

Shinyoung rolled her eyes. “Number one in smelling good. Maybe that's the only reason why I'm with you. For your cologne.”

 

“Burberry Brit for Men.” Jackson said. “And you smell pretty good yourself.” He took a whiff of his arm. “I think I smell like you now.”


“Jackson, we both smell like sweat and . Flowerbomb does not smell like either of those things.”


“I know. It smells like you. I think we should be a couple.” He didn't skip a beat.

 

Shinyoung propped herself up as well. “Jackson, do you really like that much? Can't you find someone else? Someone that would fit you better.”

 

Jackson was visibly confused. “But who could fit me better? I don't understand. There isn't anyone else, you're literally the best.”

 

Shinyoung stared at him, so young and pure and athletic and handsome. What was he doing with her? “You're a good man Jackson Wang.”

 

Jackson rolled himself on top of Shinyoung and pushed her down onto the mattress. “But I can be even better when I'm with you.”

 

He kissed her and she kissed him back.