Maybe it is destiny

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

“Do you ever feel like we watch too much TV?” Jinyoung asked. It was Saturday morning and the whole family was in the TV room watching morning dramas while they ate breakfast.

 

“I mean, Dad is a director and I feel like there's always a least one drama that's on that he works on. We can't really ignore that.” Yugyeom said.

 

“And if I happen to be working on a movie, they need to watch the dramas to make sure I'm not missing on anything.” Jaebum said. “Although now that Mark is here, that job got a lot easier.” Jaebum ruffled Mark's hair and gave him a fatherly smile.

 

“I'm glad I can be useful to this family.” Mark said proudly.


“But your hair is still is silver.” Jinyoung said sipping his tea and shaking his head.

 

“TV is a hobby in this household. Not all of us can be Youngjae's and play the piano perfectly.” BamBam said taking the remote and flipping through channels. He paused on one. “Option A, we can watch one of Kangin and Leeteuk's kids.” He switched to the channel behind that one. “Or Option B, we can watch another of Kangin and Leeteuk's kids.”

 

“There is no way they have time to watch all of their children. Do they even know all their names?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Back in Mark-hyung and Jackson-hyung's school we would have these little competitions to see who knew the most about Korean culture. One of them was correctly naming all of Kangin and Leeteuk's kids. You got a gaming system thrown in if you could say what they did for a living.” BamBam explained.


“I remember one time, Mark was in a Korean history competition.” Jinyoung said, looking down at the floor where Mark sat in between him and Jaebum. “I was so proud. Me and Youngjae helped him study like we were crazy.”

 

“Hey! Me and BamBam were also in a Korean history completion I have no idea how we managed to get up on stage in front of all the parents and students.”

 

“I'm glad you two were part of the final three. It was nice being able to attend a ceremony in which you guys were actually doing something academic.” Jaebum said.

 

“Wait, there's not a chance that you guys competed in the same Korean history competition is there?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“It was during my last year of high school.” Mark said.

 

“We did the competition when I was in my second to last year.” Jackson said.

 

“And I wasn't in high school yet but I was allowed to compete.” BamBam said.


“Oh my God!” Jinyoung exclaimed.

 

What do the other kids look like?” Jinyoung straining to get up out of his seat. If it wasn't for his manners he would have been standing up already frantically waving to Mark.

 

I don't know. I can see the same as you can.” Youngjae stretched his head up more. “One of them has a snapback on and the other is blonde. They're both Asian.”

 

I feel confident. Mark has this down. Korean history is your specialty and I even got books from the history department. Mark is more than prepared for this.” Jinyoung said. Two figures, one very tall, decided to sit down two rows ahead of them and began to talk loudly. “I can't believe this.” Jinyoung said.

 

At least they didn't sit right in front of us.” Youngjae said.

 

Shouldn't we have sat in the row behind us. It's completely empty.” Yugyeom asked.

 

If we sit two rows ahead, it'll be better for those two that are sitting two rows behind us. We've given them more breathing space and won't block their view.” Jaebum explained.

 

I still feel like we're blocking their view. Maybe we shouldn't have brought so many things and I am tall.” Yugyeom said.

 

Your height isn't something you can control, so don't worry about it. There will always be tall people in the world. We needed to bring all these things, it's Jackson and BamBam. They want us to show that we're behind them more than anything else.

 

The MC came on stage and said the names of the three finalists. “On the very left, we have Mark Tuan-Park, Taiwanese and American.” There was a period of clapping. Jinyoung and Youngjae smiled and clapped the hardest.

 

Jaebum let a small smile play at his lips. It was stupid considering how common Park was of a surname but the Park most prominent in his mind was still Jinyoung. He wondered how Jinyoung was doing, no doubt any kid of Jinyoung would ace any type of academics.

 

The MC continued. “In the middle we have BamBam who declined to put his surname and on the right Jackson Wang.”

 

Yugyeom and Jaebum stood up and began to scream while everyone looked in while they were clapping. They bowed and sat back down in their seats. Neither Jackson or BamBam looked embarrassed. In fact, they looked pleased.

 

Youngjae turned to ask his father if Jackson Wang and BamBam weren't the sons of the celebrity he liked. After all, they weren't common names but he found that his dad was already in concentration mode.

 

Jinyoung's face was composed and while not un-friendly, it wasn't something that you wanted to interrupt. Youngjae had learned to not ask anything while that face was in place because it meant that Jinyoung was concentrating heavily on work, or had a long day, or was in the middle of planning something. Youngjae took a good guess that his dad wasn't concentrating so hard because the MC was speaking in English but more on the fact that the competition was about to begin and Mark needed to prove to everyone that Park Jinyoung's son, even if adopted and foreign, was still a genius.

 

The MC soon switched over to Korean as the questions began rolling in. Mark was doing extremely well and Jackson was soon caught in violation of cheating by writing the answers in the palm of his head. Youngjae looked over at Jinyoung when Jackson was brought to the front of the stage to have the writing on his hand be covered by black marker, to see if Jinyoung recognized him as potentially the son of his favourite celebrity but Jinyoung was still concentrated, calculating percentages and chances of winning.

 

Eventually the competition came to an end. BamBam had made a comeback and somehow managed to won, which caused Yugyeom and Jaebum to run up on stage and pull BamBam into a hug and wish him congratulations while telling Jackson that it was OK. Jinyoung broke out of his concentration momentarily when he swore that he heard Jaebum's voice close to him and in person for the first time in years. He quickly decided that wasn't the case and it had to be someone that simply had a similar sounding voice.

 

“It's like our families were destined to meet again.” Jackson said.

 

“And I was in that moment hating whoever had raised that red-haired American kid for knowing everything. I seriously thought that Mark was going to win in that moment even though two out of the three kids there were mine.” Jaebum said. “I knew you would raise gifted children, Mine.”

 

“I'm not gifted though.” Mark said. “Mom just really wanted me to do good. The problem is that studying makes me sleepy very easily and I kind of zone out and one time we studied outside of our house and it was the same time this really cute dog came by.”

 

“Mark-hyung, we've been over this like hundred times. You can't date someone for their dog. Just get a dog yourself. I'm pretty sure we can afford taking care of a dog.” BamBam said.

 

“What if the dog that distracted Mark-hyung when you were studying is the noona's dog.” Yugyeom said.

 

“Mark!” Jinyoung said in a very strict 'parent' tone.

 

“They're two different dogs. They don't look anything alike!”

 

The children soon began to bicker amongst themselves and Jaebum stood up and pulled Jinyoung away from them, walking into the kitchen. “I guess we really are destiny.” Jaebum whispered to Jinyoung.

 

“Destiny that took more than ten years to happen.” Jinyoung teased.

 

“I never said destiny was perfect.” Jaebum said kissing Jinyoung.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, another chapter based off an episode of IGOT7. When I was re-watching the episode I was shocked to see Mark getting distracted by a dog. It's so cute. I hope one day Mark gets a dog.

I'm really excited it's almost December because I already have the Christmas special planned out and another Christmas shopping chapter but I don't know have that one planned out as much.

The Kangin and Leeteuk's kids thing is serious. When I decided I want to put other groups in here I was seriously stressed about what to do with Super Junior's fictional lives. I have it all planned out so don't owrry.

(I want to put more groups in here but YG said that B.I, Bobby, and Jinhwan were the mom, dad, and hyung of the group but refused to tell us which one is which and WINNER still can't decide (even though it should be KangNam tbh) and I also really wanted Teen Top but I need a whole chapter to describe the wonder that is Teen Top's fake family)

<3 Smooches <3