The very first morning

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

Jinyoung had woken up at five in the morning, the same time he had gotten up at since university. Although it was different this time. He woke up and there was someone on the right side of the bed, radiating body heat and although he and Jaebum weren't spooning, Jaebum's hand had found it's way to Jinyoung's arm in an attempt at what seemed to be sleep holding hands.

 

Jinyoung turned so he was looking at Jaebum. He was handsome, even more so than when they were teenagers and in a duo called JJ Project for the performance club. He couldn't let Jaebum know that. His ego would increase even more. “Wake up. Wake up, we have to take the kids to school.”


“Why?” Jaebum mumbled his eyes still closed. “They're old enough to walk by themselves. They know the way. Can't Mark or Jackson take them if you want family bonding?”

 

“Mark would never get up at five in the morning if he doesn't have to. And since Mark is unemployed and not in school, he has nothing to do all day. Why? Does Jackson wake up early?"

 

“I wish. Before he graduated they mailed home a letter saying he had broken the school record for most tardies.”

 

“Get up.” Jinyoung said giving Jaebum a peck on the lips, before putting on his slippers.


Jaebum stretched and also got up out of bed. “You going to wake Youngjae up this early? His school isn't that far.”

 

“Trust me, I need to get started on waking Youngjae up. What about BamBam and Yugyeom? Do you want me to go wake them up now?”


Jaebum shook his head. “They have alarms on their phones. BamBam gets up at six and Yugyeom gets up at six-thirty usually. I don't really know. I'm asleep.”

 

“And what time do you wake up?” Jinyoung asked.


Jaebum began to shuffle towards the master bathroom. “Depends on when we have filming. Most of the time filming starts in the afternoon unless the scene requires an earlier or later time. So I wake up at ten in the morning.”

 

Ten in the morning? By the time Jaebum woke up, Jinyoung would already have been awake for almost half a day.

 

Youngjae's room was the second one on the right of Jinyoung and Jaebum's room; located right next to the video game room. Jinyoung turned the doorknob and walked into Youngjae's room.

 

Youngjae's room was simple enough. He had his textbooks in a pile in a corner and a keyboard piano set up by the window. On his desk there pens instead a mug from the university Jinyoung taught at and his calculator for school. He had also left his wallet on the desk and his earrings. On the chair, there was his backpack for school.

 

Youngjae was sleeping peacefully when Jinyoung began to shake him. “Youngjae, wake up.” he said in a normal voice. “Youngjae, you have to wake up now!” Jinyoung yelled directly into Youngjae's ear. Apparently he yelled too loudly because soon a Jackson with messy hair and sleepy eyes had arrived.

 

“What's going on?” Jackson asked rubbing sleep from his eyes.

 

“Nothing. I didn't mean to wake you up. It's just that Youngjae is a really heavy sleeper and waking up him is an hour long process.”

 

“Don't worry, I got you Mom.” Jackson said in English, walking closer to Youngjae. “Wake up little brother. You can't miss school!” Jackson yelled in English.

 

BamBam and Yugyeom were next to appear. “What's happening?”BamBam asked, his cell-phone in one hand.

 

“Our new brother doesn't wake up easily so I was trying to help Mom.” Jackson explained.

 

BamBam looked down at his phone. “Five-fifteen. I guess since I'm awake I might as well get ready. I'll make my bed today.” BamBam said going back to his room.

Yugyeom had his eyes closed and was rubbing the sleep out of his left eye while he waved to Jackson and Jinyoung before also going back to his room.

 

“Does Mark sleep through you trying to wake Youngjae up?” Jackson asked.

 

“He got used to it. Youngjae's always been a heavy sleeper and so Mark learned to sleep through it.” Jinyoung leaned down and shook Youngjae one last time. There was no response. “I should get ready. Why don't you go back to bed?”

 

Jackson left Youngjae's bedroom to go back to his own, the very last room on the opposite end of the hallway. He had the biggest room after Jinyoung and Jaebum's master suite. It was given to him because he (and his ladies) needed the double bed. Mark, even though as the oldest technically had the right to it, didn't put up a fuss. He was single and Jinyoung had taught him better than to argue and put up fights.

 

Jinyoung went back to his room to get his outfit sorted for the day when Jaebum came into Youngjae's room. The least, Jaebum figured, he could do for his first full day as Youngjae's new dad was wake him up.

 

“OK, wake up Youngjae.” Jaebum said placing Youngjae into an upright position. There was no way he would be able to sleep through that. Jaebum let go of Youngjae's shoulders and stood back surveying his work. Youngjae immediately fell back into his bed.

 

Jaebum grimaced and went downstairs to the kitchen.

 

BamBam was certainly not used to this. His cell-phone said that the current time was five-thirty-six and he was getting ready to take his morning shower. He had made his bed and gotten his school things ready and was about to take a shower before he was even usually awake. Was sleep one of the things he was going to sacrifice because his Dad got married?

 

Although as BamBam washed his hair, he did realize that it was nice having more time in the morning to get ready. And his Dad was awake which meant that BamBam got to see before he left for school which was something that hadn't happened since he was fourteen.

 

He got out of the shower and went back to his room and put on his uniform. He made sure his hair looked good and added on some BB cream and eye-liner. Six o'clock. He could hear Yugyeom entering the shower. What do you do with all the extra time?

 

He walked by Youngjae's room to head down to the kitchen when he noticed that Youngjae was finally getting himself out of bed. “Good morning hyung!” BamBam said entering the room. “Did you sleep well?”

 

Youngjae nodded and let out a yawn. “What time did you wake up?”

 

“Earlier than usual. Your dad woke me up. I think by tomorrow, I'll be waking up at my usual time. Yugyeom is in the shower near our rooms but I think the other ones are free.”

 

Youngjae gave a nod as thanks and grabbed his uniform from his closet and started shuffling to the shower.

BamBam made it downstairs and went directly to the TV room not even noticing his Dad in the kitchen.

 

“Good morning to you too BamBam!” Jaebum yelled out.

 

“Morning Dad!” BamBam yelled back in English. He lopped down on the couch and the TV. He had to be at school at eight and although his school was now even further away, he still had plenty of time to kill.

 

At seven, Jinyoung walked downstairs to the kitchen to find that a cereal box had been left on the counter and Jaebum was half-asleep sitting on a stool with his head resting on the kitchen counter. “Did you even eat the cereal?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“No. I just left it there in case one of the kids wanted it.” Jaebum said picking his head up. “Do you like coffee?”

 

“Yes, I do. I'll make a pot.” Jinyoung said plugging in the coffee maker. “Are you OK with morning roast?” Jinyoung asked looking back at Jaebum who nodded. Jinyoung put in a morning roast capsule and grabbed some bowls from the shelf. “Do BamBam and Yugyeom usually have cereal in the morning?”

 

“I don't know. Since I'm asleep I don't keep track of what they eat. I know they eat breakfast though.”

 

Jinyoung seemed very displeased at this. “Why is this cereal so sugary? You know what's good for your brain and quick to make? Oatmeal.”

“Can we make eggs?” Jaebum said getting off the stool and grabbing a mug off the mug rack next to the coffee maker. He poured himself a cup and looked at Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung really was a university professor. He was wearing a neatly pressed shirt and some slacks. Jaebum guessed that when it got colder, Jinyoung would be wearing a business suit. Jaebum became hyper-aware of his jeans with holes in the knees and sneakers.

 

“Eggs are great. They fuel you up. Do they like their eggs sunny-side up?” Jinyoung asked reaching into the fridge to get the eggs.

 

Jaebum bent down and opened the cabinet near the stove and took out a pan. “They do.”

 

Yugyeom came down the stairs at seven-thirty and into the kitchen to see his dad and Jinyoung preparing breakfast. There were five plates set on the kitchen island each with eggs either on it or being placed on it and three empty glasses and two coffee mugs.

 

“Good morning Yugyeom! Would you mind getting BamBam from the TV room?” Jinyoung asked with a bright smile. Yugyeom smiled back and took out his cell-phone snapping a picture. Jinyoung smiling with a Wonder Woman apron while his Dad was in the background with pan of eggs wearing a Superman one. Jackson was going to die when he saw this. Yugyeom got BamBam from the TV room and by the time they came back Youngjae was already seated at the kitchen island and drinking orange juice.

 

Once everyone was seated and began eating BamBam spoke up. “What's up with the breakfast Dad? Did Mom make this?”

“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We can never skip it.” Jinyoung said.

 

“We don't skip it. That's why we buy granola bars.” BamBam said. “We eat them as we walk to school. Although, I don't think I can walk anymore.”

 

“Don't worry about that. Jinyoung and I are going to be driving you guys to school today. And Jinyoung is telling me that instant oatmeal is one of the greatest gifts on Earth.”

 

The drive to school was pleasant even if BamBam couldn't fathom the fact that he was showing up to school in a mini-van. They dropped BamBam off first and on the way back dropped Yugyeom and Youngjae off. Jinyoung and Jaebum got out of the car and watched as their respective youngests went to school.


“I would say our first school day as parents went well.” Jinyoung said.

 

“I think it went perfect.” Jaebum said.

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes and pressed a kiss to Jaebum's cheek. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted someone getting closer. “Isn't that the actor Kim Jin? I didn't know his son came to this school.”

 

The actor Kim Jin was getting closer and Jaebum had a bad feeling about this. “You like his acting?”

 

“I do. He's acted a lot in your dramas. He was in your last one.”

 

“Second male lead and he will never let me forget it. This is why you don't hire people you went to university with.”

 

Kim Jin had made his appearance in front of Jinyoung and Jaebum. Jinyoung was a bit disappointed, Kim Jin's shoulders didn't seem that broad in person. “Hello Jaebum! How are you? Is this your new husband?”


“How did you find that out? I'm supposed to release the press statement today right before filming.”

Jaebum said.

 

Kim Jin waved him off. “I was told this information by a very reliable source. And when I say very reliable source we both know the fashion designer I'm talking about.”

 

“How did he find out?” Jaebum was in shock.

 

“He finds out everything. Let's just accept it and move on.” Jin turned towards Jinyoung. “I watched you with Jaebum on Happy Together. You guys fit each other nicely. It was pleasant seeing you guys on TV.”

 

Jinyoung couldn't help but be in shock. Kim Jin was as awkward in real life as he was on TV. “Thank you. Does your son go here? His name is Jungkook right?”

 

“Yes, he does. He's my youngest. My eldest also went here although he graduated already.”

 

Jinyoung searched his memory for Kim Jin's eldest son's name. “Namjoon isn't it?”

 

“Yes. He was in the 1% of students in the country but now he's a rapper.” Jin didn't sound disappointed like other parents would, instead he sounded proud. “You have kids don't you? I remember that from Happy Together.”

 

“I have two. Youngjae who goes to this school and Mark who's the oldest and graduated from an international school.”

 

“Huh. It was very nice to meet you. I hope we can see each other again.” Jin gave an awkward wave and walked and got into a hot pink car and drove off.

 

“He's exactly like he is on TV.” Jinyoung said.

 

“Wait until you see his exorcism move in real life.” Jaebum said.

 

Back at the house, Mark got up at eight-thirty, went to the bathroom, and went downstairs. He was getting the 32 ounce yogurt out along with granola when Jackson came down still in his pajamas.,

 

“Do you want breakfast? I'm having some yogurt with granola.”
 

“Nah, I'll have cereal.” Jackson poured the sugary cereal into a bowl and grabbed the low-fat milk from the fridge. “This thing tastes good?”


“I wouldn't put banana milk into cereal.” Mark said as he put the yogurt back into the fridge.

 

He and Jackson actually sat down at the table instead of eating at the island. They sat across from each other and ate in silence for a while.


“What do you usually do when Yugyeom and BamBam are at school?” Mark asked.

 

“I wake up at this time. Dad usually still asleep so I grab whatever for breakfast. Sometimes I go out and fence for a bit depending whether or not I'm getting called up for international matches. Some days I have dates planned so I come back home or I get dressed depending whether it's a lunch date or dinner date. I order food or go out to eat. I don't have a set schedule. What about you?”

 

“I just stay home and watch TV. I skateboard a little but most of the time I'm just at home. I have to talk myself into changing out of my pajamas to at least put on sweats. Mom doesn't get angry at me if he comes home and I'm still in my pajamas but I like feeling that I did something productive since he and Youngjae are always out doing important things.”

 

“It's hard being the eldest isn't it?” Jackson said.

 

Mark nodded. “Maybe we should get jobs. Or enroll in university.”

 

Jackson shook his head. “No, no. Our dads would go into shock.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very first apperance by someone out of GOT7! Yes, this story will feature other idol groups as minor characters. Although I will say this, I chose groups at random that had set 'parents' so in case you're like 'I didn't know you were into them' or 'I didn't know you shipped that!' it's not always the case. I'm writing the parents and not always does that reflect my ship or group tastes.

On the other hand, JB and Jin did (do?) actually go to the same university and have the same department (just different concentrations)

<3 Smooches <3