Life As Nora

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

Nora, as a cat, was quite content with her life. Life at the adoption center wasn't rough but it was nothing like being part of a home. Having a giant bed all to herself, all the food she wanted, and people always picking her up to cuddle, even when she didn't want to be held.

 

She also saw a lot. She saw Jinyoung disappearing into piles of papers and books heavier than the weight of the world only to have Jaebum appear as a an angel carrying large caramel macchiatos and placing kisses on forehead before leaving Jinyoung alone because he knew there was no way he would ever be able to be a part of that part of Jinyoung's life. She saw Jinyoung stay up in the early hours of the morning with bottles of convenience store soju and snacks waiting for Jaebum to come back up from a late night shooting and how they seemed so much younger, ghosts of their high school selves.

 

She saw Mark arrive home with neck peppered with hickeys and the smile of a man who conquered the world (or let the world conquer him) and she was even there the first time he brought home the noona he had met at the park. Nora didn't remember much of what she looked like or if Mark had even said her name but when she reached down to pet Nora, Nora could tell that this poor noona would forever be a dog person. Her and Mark couldn't be saved.

 

Jackson would explain to her, how she would need to act around the baby and that Joseph would be to small to play with for a while but then Joseph would grow up and the only thing he would want was Nora. Nora never understood why Jackson needed to give her instructions. She wasn't a dog, she knew how to behave.

 

Youngjae would let her curl up in his lap while he played the piano. Sometimes, when Nora could tell that Youngjae was working too hard, being too hard on himself, striving too hard to be that perfect Korean high schooler, Nora would his hands or nuzzle harder and waited for Youngjae to stop and give her his full attention.

 

The first time she heard house music, she wondered if it was even really music in the first place. There was no house music in the adoption center but Yugyeom loved it so much. She had wandered into Yugyeom's room for no reason (well, actually Yugyeom's room was one of the quietest places in the whole house and always smelled like the fancy European candles his birth mother sent him) and Yugyeom was dancing, some weird dance that vaguely reminded Nora of tap dancing to an invisible beat. Soon enough, he played some music, loud enough that it spread in the room but not loud enough that everyone else that was home could hear and his dancing got even better.

 

BamBam would always invite Nora to dance whenever he blared a song from whatever girl group he was in love with at the moment. Most of the time, Nora didn't have a choice. He would pick her up and then sway around to the beat of EXID or SNSD and Nora couldn't do anything about it. She would simply enjoy the music.

 

It made her happy to know how much the family needed her. All she ever wanted was to take care of an owner and in the end she got seven. Seven owners that needed her so much, that Nora didn't even want to think about what the family was like before she arrived. At least, they were OK now, with Nora around and they always made sure to show their gratitude in lots of warm milk and soft pets to her head.

 

Taking care of the Im-Park family was a hard job but some cat had to do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys have every reason to hate me.

I have not been updating for a very long time and the reason for that is that I got insanely busy and I didn't realize how busy I would be getting. I feel so terrible that this update is so late but thank you so much for sticking by the story.

So, this is a short little chapter from Nora's POV sort-ish. I have a few chapter ideas stock up in my head (i.e Joseph's birth and a flashback to how Jaebum and Jinyoung reunited and the reaction of the family to Dream Knight) but if there is a certain order you guys want to see those chapters in or if you have anything you would like to see, please let me know and I'll see what I can do ^__^

But I've missed having time to write so much. I can't wait until I stop being so busy and have endless amount of time to work on my fanfiction.

<3 Smooches <3