New Hair

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

Jinyoung was reading over papers in the living room when Jaebum entered the house during the late afternoon. “Hey, do you want some lunch?” Jinyoung called out.

 

Jaebum removed his shoes and put on his slippers and walked over to Jinyoung, kissing him. “No, one of the actors in my drama is filming We Got Married and brought his wife to the set. She made kimbap.”

 

“Was it any good?”


“Let's just say she's not as good as a cook as she is a model.” Jaebum said.

 

Jinyoung laughed. “I'm glad to hear that. Speaking of which, do you know where our children are? I know it's a Friday but I haven't heard anything from them all day.”

 

Jaebum cleared a spot for him to sit down next to Jinyoung and threw his arm around Jinyoung's shoulder. “I'm sure they're fine. They're probably all enjoying the weekend. Didn't BamBam say something about going out?”

 

“He did and he probably brought Yugyeom along with him. I don't even want to think about what Jackson could be doing but Mark and Youngjae are never this late without telling me about. It's part of the family guidelines.” Jinyoung pouted.

 

“You have family guidelines?” Jaebum asked.

 

Jinyoung nodded. “It helps maintain order and balance throughout the household and can be a great tool for stopping fights before they even break out. All you have to do is check the family schedule, the schedule for each day written at the latest time possible the night before to ensure any last minute additions. I read about it in a child psychology book when I was first starting the adoption process for Mark.”

 

“I feel like I missed out on so many years of good parenting because I wasn't married to you.” Jaebum suddenly clapped. “That reminds me, Youngjae told me yesterday that he was going to the mall after school.”


“Ah,” Jinyoung let out. “Should I implement the family schedule here too? I think Mark and Youngjae feel confused without it. I know I shouldn't worry about Mark since he is old enough but I do.”

 

“I'm sure they're fine.”

 

Jinyoung finished reading through the paper he was on before setting aside his work and cuddled closer to Jaebum. They cuddled on the couch, silently enjoying each other's company for an hour before the door opened.

 

Jackson's laughter could be heard. “Mom! Dad! You guys are home?” Jackson said stopping in his tracks when he saw Jinyoung and Jaebum.

 

“It is getting pretty late. Why wouldn't we be home?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Friday night is when you go hang out with all the other famous gay couples with kids. What happened to that?” Jackson asked.

 

“It got cancelled. Apparently there's this really big football thing going on in Europe and so the Lees couldn't make it and neither could the Wu's and if the Wu's can't make it then neither can the Do-Kim's.” Jaebum explained.

 

“That . I hope Luhan-hyung and Minho-hyung both win.” Jackson said.

 

“Hyung! Let me go inside.” BamBam whined. BamBam pushed his way through and into the house.

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum widened their eyes and looked at each other before looking back at BamBam. “BamBam, what is going on with your hair?” Jinyoung asked, calm. Too calm.

 

“Do you like it?” BamBam smiled. “I got it done today. Wait a minute.” BamBam stuck his head out the door. “Yugyeom! It's OK! Come inside.”

 

Yugyeom entered through the door, eyes staring down at his sneakers, a shy smile playing at his lips, wearing a plaid shirt. All normal Yugyeom things minus the fact that his hair was now dyed an electric shocking blonde.

 

“Oh my God.” Jaebum let out. “What did you two do to yourselves?”

 

“I told you I was going to dye my hair! I always dye my hair! The only difference is that I did it at a salon this time because the salon had the colour I wanted!” BamBam said.

 

“But this time it's blue! And brown! Why are you still wearing that blazer?” Jaebum at this point was standing up and yelling.

 

“It's not blue! Doesn't it resemble mint chocolate chip ice cream?” BamBam turned his head to the side. “Plus it looks great with the blazer.”

 

“Where did you even buy a blazer? Why did you buy a blazer?” Jaebum's voice sounded exhausted. “Why did Yugyeom dye his hair? Why is Jackson wearing a beanie with the price tag still on?”

 

“The blazer is an essential piece to my new adult wardrobe. I'm going to be going to university, I need to start building a more mature wardrobe.” BamBam said.

 

“Wait, you're actually going to university?” Jinyoung hadn't known that about BamBam. He tried to imagine what kind of person university student BamBam would be.

 

Yugyeom spoke up timidly. “I really liked my hair when it was dyed silver but I wanted to change it. I know it's a little bright but I think it suits me.”

 

“My children look like idols.” Jaebum flopped onto the couch.

 

“At least your children are home. I still don't know where Youngjae and Mark are.”


Speak of the devil. Youngjae and Mark soon entered the house. Both of them looked confused as to why everyone was simply standing around the entrance doing nothing.

 

“What did you guys do today?” Jaebum asked weakly.

 

Youngjae answered first. “I went to school and then I took the bus to the mall. I bought this hat.” Youngjae pointed to the large wide-brim black hat that he was currently wearing.

 

Jaebum and Jackson turned to Mark and awaited his response. “I woke up and ate breakfast and then sat in front of the TV, I got bored after four shows so I decided to vacuum the second floor of the house. Then after that I was still bored, so I ordered a pizza, ate it, and then decided to walk around outside. I forgot my keys inside and so I called Youngjae and asked where he was. I met up with him and then we came home together.” Mark said.

 

Jinyoung stood up and hugged him. “I'm proud of you.”

 

“Who drove you two to get your hair dyed?” Jaebum asked BamBam and Yugyeom.

 

“I did.” Jackson said. “They asked me to and I didn't have any plans today.”

 

“So driving your younger brothers to get their hair dyed was the best option?”

 

“If it helps, I tried to convince BamBam to get rid of the blazer. He's emotionally attached to it now.” Jackson said.

 

“You know what? Yugyeom and BamBam are both old enough to make decisions for themselves. You both have been dying your hair for a long time already, I'm powerless against you all. Blue boy, Blonde boy, and Beanie boy you guys have dish duty tonight.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I literally the only one who thought that BamBam's new hair was the colour of mint chocolate chip ice cream?

<3 Smooches <3