Merry Christmas

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

It was Christmas Day and the house was decorated perfectly. Jinyoung had insisted on it. He always had tried to make Christmas something out of an American movie mostly for Mark's sake. He can still remember the look on Mark's face when Mark realized he would be moving to a whole new continent where he didn't even speak the language or knew any customs. The least Jinyoung could do as a Dad was bring something familiar to him. Youngjae, liked it too, for as nice as the orphanage was, there wasn't anything as spectacular as the Park family's house when it was decorated for Christmas.

 

Jaebum, on the other hand, tried for Christmas. He tried really hard. The problem was his temper. It got in the way of doing things like setting up lights or baking cookies or the fact that there was always one ornament that decided to fall from the tree and break. The kids didn't mind. Yugyeom got offers to spend Christmas in his mother's country, where there would be a Royal Mass and he would wear traditional dress and eat traditional food and then send out Christmas cards to the other royal families of Europe but he didn't want that. He liked the store-bought food and Jackson singing along to every Christmas song in the world. No matter what language or country it was from, Jackson somehow knew it existed. BamBam was a Buddhist. He still had the longest Christmas list out of everyone and liked to joke about dyeing his hair red and green so he could capture the true essence of Christmas. Jaebum never let him get near a hair salon during the week of Christmas.

 

But now, things were different. Jinyoung had decorated the new house in the traditional Christmas style and Jackson still sang along to every Christmas song ever invented but now the tree's ornaments didn't fall once and store-bought food was actually a convenience.

 

“Have you seen the Christmas card the Do-Kim family sent?” Jaebum asked holding up said Christmas card. He and Jinyoung were in the kitchen heating up the food to be served while everyone else was in the living room talking and eating the appetizers that had already been heaten up or were meant to be eaten cold.

 

“No, why? Is it bad? Are Kyungsoo-hyung and Joonmyeon-hyung wearing those matching pajama rompers again?” Jinyoung momentarily forgetting about his glazed ham and focusing on the card Jaebum was waving.

 

“Kyungsoo-hyung doesn't look as scary as he does in the other ones- remind me to show them to you- but every year it looks like the only one that wants to be in the picture is Joonmyeon-hyung. Look at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, they're still smiling like always but Baekhyun is looking to the side and Chanyeol's smile is a bit too forced.” Jaebum said pointing out each thing with his finger as he said them.

 

“What about those Christmas sweaters? Are they all matching? I can't believe Kyungsoo-hyung agreed to this. This is why I never think those rumours about him only marrying Joonmyeon-hyung for his money are true. There's only so far money can go.” Jinyoung said.

 

“I think it's because of these Christmas cards that Jackson got the idea of wearing that Christmas sweater of his. He wanted to get the whole family to do it but he only managed to get BamBam. The difference is Joonmyeon-hyung doesn't know that the Christmas sweaters are cheesy and Jackson buys the Christmas sweaters that are so ugly that is done on purpose.” Jaebum said.

 

“I'm surprised that Shinyoung isn't wearing one.” Jinyoung said.

 

“I don't know if they come in maternity sizes.” Jaebum put the Christmas card aside and began to load more pigs in a blanket on a tray.

 

“Don't say things like that! We don't know if she's pregnant yet. She doesn't look that pregnant. This is Korea and she's a celebrity! Wouldn't she have gotten married by now if she was pregnant?” Jinyoung said.

 

“Yes but if the father of your child and your boyfriend was the son of a gay couple don't you think the netizens would have more things to comment about?” Jaebum picked up the tray. “Bring the bottle of wine and come with me to the living room to drop these off.”


Jinyoung sighed and picked up the bottle of wine and followed Jaebum. He stopped when he noticed Jaebum stopping at the doorway of the kitchen. “Are we going to do this?”

 

Jaebum grinned. “There's mistletoe, Mine, we have to kiss.” Jaebum pecked Jinyoung on the lips. “I love Christmas don't you?”

 

They entered the living room where everyone else was, setting the wine and tray onto a small table that had been set up specifically for Christmas.

 

Jackson and Shinyoung were sitting on the couch, with Jackson's arm around her and Shinyoung eating a cracker topped with cheese. BamBam was taking selfies in front of the Christmas tree while Yugyeom was reading the Royal Mass program sheet that his mother had sent him. Mark was sitting in the armchair looking at his phone and Youngjae was flipping through the booklet of the CD that was playing in the house.

 

“Who are you talking to Mark? Is it the woman with the dog you met at the park?” Jaebum asked setting down the tray of pigs in a blanket while Jinyoung set down the wine.

 

“What woman he met in the park?” Shinyoung asked.

“Didn't I tell you?” Jackson said. “Mark-hyung met a noona with a cute dog in the park and he's been in denial about dating her ever since. He's only dating her for her dog though.”

 

“I still can't believe you're doing that. I thought I raised you better than that.” Jinyoung said with a teasing tone.

 

“I am texting the noona from the park but only to wish her a happy Christmas and that she doesn't work too hard. The restaurant she manages is open for Christmas.” Mark said.

 

“How do you know all this about her? Whoa, hyung, you really are dating this noona.” Yugyeom said.

 

“We've become friends, it's normal.” Mark responded.

 

“Then why did you buy her a Christmas gift? You met up with her yesterday to exchange presents.” Youngjae said. “Wait, was I not supposed to say that?”

 

“It's fine. We met up to exchange presents because we're friends. Nothing more.” Mark said.

 

Jaebum whispered to Jinyoung. “I told you we should have gotten him a dog.”

 

“Don't worry, sooner or later she'll give one to him even if they never date. Although Mark does have the time required to take care of a dog.” Jinyoung whispered back. Jinyoung announced to the whole family. “I'm going to put the turkey in the oven and then I have to rush outside because I left one of the desserts in the neighbour's fridge because there wasn't enough room.” Jinyoung true to his word went to the kitchen and put the turkey in before quickly putting on his jacket and going outside.

 

“We'll open gifts when you come back!” Jaebum shouted after him. An OK could be heard as Jinyoung walked over to the neighbours.

 

“Next year we should go caroling.” Jackson said.

 

“No, no caroling.” BamBam said. “We got lucky and it's not too cold or snowy outside this year. What if next year there's even more cold and snow?”

 

“Didn't you go caroling?” Mark asked Youngjae.


Youngjae turned red. “I did yesterday. The school where I take piano lessons has a carol that goes around on Christmas Eve to sing songs. I'm the lead caroler.”

 

There was an applause. “See, that's my son. I always knew you were the lead caroler type.” Jaebum said playfully pinching Youngjae's cheek.

 

Jinyoung came back, clutching one of the sides of his jacket. “So, did anyone go yet for presents?”

 

“No, what happened to the dessert you left?” BamBam asked.

 

“I thought I had left it with the neighbour. It turns out that I asked him about it and he said yes he would hold it for us but then I decided to throw away some of the yogurts that no one was eating-”

 

“Hey, I was eating those yogurts!” Jackson said.

 

“and put the dessert in there. So who wants to go first for presents?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Why don't you go? You did arrive late after all.” Jaebum teased.

 

“Alright, my first present is for Caramel Macchiato.” Jinyoung let a smile form on his lips. “What's the one thing you wanted the most in high school and never got?”

 

“You.” Jaebum replied.

 

“Besides me,” Jinyoung said. “You really really wanted this but you never knew where you were going to find the time or if you actually did want it that badly and you didn't know what you were going to do with once you went to university that you never finished...”

 

Jaebum let his mouth drop a little. “You didn't. Mine, how can you remember it after all these years? There's no way you have it.”

 

“I can remember it after all these years because I never let myself forget one thing about you.” Jinyoung said.

 

“This is starting to sound like a scene from one of Dad's Christmastime dramas.” BamBam said to Yugyeom.

 

“I got you a cat. It's a she.” Jinyoung opened his coat and reached in to pull out a Siamese cat with a red ribbon around it and gave it to Jaebum.

 

Jaebum sat down on the floor as the cat. The cat looked up at him with bright blue eyes and lightly stuck out her paw. “She's beautiful.”

 

“I don't even think Dad called me beautiful when I was born.” Yugyeom said.

 

“You were a cute baby, don't worry.” Jackson said.

 

“I can't believe you got me a cat. Mine, you never fail to make love you more every day. I always said I would name my cat Nora. Hello Nora...” Jaebum said petting Nora.

 

Youngjae clapped. “It's the first girl in the Im-Park family. We finally have a sister.” Everyone laughed.

 

Jinyoung sat down next to Jaebum and petted Nora on the head. “Do you like her?”

 

“I love her. It makes my present to you look like though.” Jaebum said.

 

Jinyoung kissed him. “Don't worry, whatever you got me, I'll love it.”

 

“Does anyone else have any major life-changing Christmas presents?” BamBam asked.

 

“I do.” Jackson said getting up from the couch and reaching below the tree to pull out a small square thing wrapped in simple blue wrapping paper.

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum immediately turned their heads back and away from the scene. “You don't think he's going to...” Jinyoung said.

 

“It would confirm everything if he did.” Jaebum said. “Aren't they going too fast?”

 

“I don't know, I moved in here three months ago. How would I know?” Jinyoung said.

 

They turned their heads back to the scene to find Jackson sinking down onto one knee.

 

“Maybe, I shouldn't have wrapped it.” Jackson said on one knee, tearing away the wrapping paper to reveal a small little black box. He opened it and looked at Shinyoung directly in the eyes. “Noona, will you marry me?”

 

BamBam who had been reaching for his glass of pop, immediately let the glass drop and fall on the floor.

 

“Jackson-ah,” Shinyoung stammered. “Are you sure you want to marry me?”

 

“Noona, I know I may do a lot of stupid things but there are two things I never joke about. You and fencing. I want to marry you more than anything. Do you?”

 

“Yes, Jackson. I will marry you.” Shinyoung said in English. Jackson slipped the ring onto Shinyoung's finger and kissed her.

 

“I guess, it's my turn to give you my present.” Shinyoung said. Jackson who was still kneeling on the floor smiled at her. “It's not really anything special I'm afraid.” She opened the small bag she brought with her and pulled out a piece of folded paper. She gave it to Jackson. “I'm having a boy.”

 

BamBam who was picking up the shards from the glass he had dropped, immediately dropped those shards and let them fall to the floor.

 

“Oh my God.” Jinyoung said, turning his head around.

 

Jaebum followed suit. “Why were we right?” He clutched Nora closer to him and put his hand over her eyes. “Here, Nora, you can't see this.”

 

Jackson unfolded the piece of paper to see that it was an ultrasound. “Why didn't you tell me you were going to find out the gender?”

 

“I wanted it to be a surprise. Now you have a Joseph on the way that you can teach fencing to.” Shinyoung said.

 

BamBam stood up. “I knew I was right. Everyone kept telling me I was wrong, even you Shinyoung-noona. But I knew what I saw and heard.” BamBam sat back down.

 

Jackson had since latched onto Shinyoung and showed no signs of letting go. “If you had told me a bit earlier Noona, then I could have gotten the fencing outfit customized.”

 

“You got the baby a fencing outfit? Jackson-ah, the baby isn't going to be able to fence right away.”

 

“I know, but I wanted to make sure our baby had a Christmas present.”

 

“The baby doesn't even know what's going on right now.” Shinyoung pointed to her stomach.

 

“Does anyone have any other big presents?” Jinyoung asked. In a quieter voice, he whispered to Jaebum. “I'm scared of what is going to happen if someone says yes.”

 

“I actually do.” Youngjae said.

 

“You're wearing a wig right now and your hair is back to brown!” Jinyoung said.

 

“No. My hair is still blonde.” Youngjae said, sounding sadden by this fact. He reached under the tree and grabbed a thin square object wrapped in red and white striped wrapping. He handed it to BamBam. “I hope you'll like it.”

 

BamBam gleefully tore off the paper and screamed when he saw it. “I can't believe you got me a Miss A CD! Signed by Suzy! How did you get this? They weren't having any events going on!”

 

“I was at JYP to visit Uncle JYP and he was asking if there was any chance I was interested in being an idol and that I would have a short training period and when I said no, he asked if I wanted to have any CD”s to give out as gifts. I said yes and then asked if there was any way Suzy could sign it for me.” Youngjae explained.

 

BamBam hugged Youngjae. “I always knew there was a reason why even when we first met back at the airport, I felt that something was going to happen. It was destiny letting me know that we were meant to be brothers.”

 

Youngjae patted BamBam's back. “Thank you, I'm sure if you go to JYP you could meet Suzy. Uncle JYP is a really good uncle and you're his nephew now too.”

 

“Please don't give him any ideas. We'll never get him back.” Jaebum said.

 

The rest of Christmas evening was spent nicely, the gifts were all exchanged and everyone was happy with what they got. The food they had ordered was delicious and they played board games afterwords, laughing and enjoying themselves.

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung were loading the dishwasher and putting away leftovers while everyone else was still playing board games. “It was an eventful Christmas.” Jinyoung said.

 

“Don't mention it.” Jaebum said opening the freezer so he could place a bag of frozen dinner rolls inside. “I felt like we should have had a camera filming it.”

 

“Thinking about going into variety shows?” Jinyoung teased.

 

“I don't know but this Christmas was something. I remember last year the Do-Kim's and the Wu's were filming a variety show together and they filmed the holiday party they had together and I was always thankful that no matter what Jackson, Yugyeom, and BamBam do, we would never have a Christmas as crazy as the Do-Kim's and the Wu's. This year, I think we stole the crown from them.”

 

Jinyoung finished loading up the dishwasher. “But aren't you glad we did have a crazy Christmas?” He wrapped his arms around Jaebum in a back hug.

 

“I am. I'm glad that you liked your scarf.”

 

“You have great taste in accessories. Even if the kids keep teasing us about the fact that we're so cheesy that I'm wearing the scarf you got me even with the heating .”

 

“I put my scarf on too, to make you feel better.” Jaebum said. “Let's take a selca together.”

 

Jinyoung unwrapped himself from around Jaebum and re-adjusted his scarf.

 

Jaebum had now gotten his phone out and stood beside Jinyoung, snapping the picture. After the picture had been snapped and uploaded to Instagram, Jaebum kissed Jinyoung. “Merry Christmas, Jr.”

 

Jinyoung laughed at his high school nickname before kissing Jaebum. “Merry Christmas, JB.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is extra-long because it is a Christmas special and I was super busy so I was gone for so long.

A lot happened in this chapter and this was also kind of a hard chapter to write because Christmas in Korea is pretty much a couple's holiday but there's always the Mark is American factor to fall back on.

In case you couldn't tell I was having a a lot of feelings about JJ Project (both the ship and the idol duo) (when am I not having jj project feelings tho)

Happy Winter Solstice and happy early Christmas!

<3 Smooches <3