Happy Birthday Jinyoung!

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

“Happy birthday, Mine. Happy, happy birthday.” Jaebum whispered into Jinyoung's ear before nipping his lobe.

 

“Jaebum, what are you doing?” Jinyoung said snuggling deeper into his pillow. “Wait, what time is it?” he opened his eyes widely.

 

Jaebum laughed. “Calm down. I called the university and said you weren't teaching today. You only teach two classes today anyway. I'm sure your students would love to have a cancelled class every now and then.”
 

“But my classes are fun. I'm a cool professor. I almost never cancel class. I think the last time I did Mark was fifteen and had the flu.”

 

“But Mark, thankfully is healthy. And you get to spend your birthday with your husband. Your first birthday with your husband. Your husband that called your work to ensure that you didn't have to do anything on your birthday.”

 

“Do you want me to praise you?”


“Still have those moments of sassiness don't you?”

 

A knock came on the bedroom door. “Are you guys decent? We didn't interrupt you in the middle of right? Were you about to have ?” BamBam asked through the door.


“You're making things awkward, hyung!” Yugyeom scolded.

 

“You can come in.” Jinyoung said. He and Jaebum both sat upright in bed.

 

The door opened and BamBam, Yugyeom, and Youngjae entered. BamBam had a cake in his hands. “Surprise!” he said. “The maknae line of the family has come to wish our Mom a happy birthday.” Yugyeom had a platter of scrambled eggs and French toast while Youngjae carried a small table meant for placing plates in bed.

 

Jinyoung smiled and blew out the candle. He never really wished for anything on his birthday. Back in high school, he would wish that he got good grades and that he and Jaebum would be friends for a long time, and then after he started wishing for his career to take off, and then lastly he wished that Mark and Youngjae would grow up to be respectable men. Now he had nothing to wish for, Jaebum and he were past friendship, his career was exactly where he always wanted it to be, and Mark and Youngjae grew up even better than he thought was possible.

 

“The French toast and the scrambled eggs were made by Jackson-hyung and Mark-hyung.” Youngjae said. “They're outside waiting in the mini-van. We're going to play mini-golf together.”

 

“Leave you two alone.” BamBam said with a wink before an embarrassed Yugyeom dragged him out of the room with Youngjae trailing behind. “I hope you like the cake!” BamBam said before Youngjae shut the door.


“We have really great kids don't we?” Jinyoung asked Jaebum.

 

“We do. Now open up the cards they wrote.” Jaebum said.

 

“What card-oh.” Peeking out from one of the plates of scrambled eggs and French toast were five envelopes all addressed to Mom. “Whose should I read first?”

 

“Start from oldest.” Jaebum said picking up a fork and beginning to eat the scrambled eggs.

 

Jinyoung opened the enveloped and read the letter silently to himself.

 

 

Dear Dad (because Mom, is weird writing),

 

I know I'm not the best at Korean, but you never made me feel bad about my handwriting or my spelling mistakes. I'm having Youngjae proof-read this letter after I'm done so that they're will be no mistakes.

 

We've spent a lot of your birthdays together. Ever since you adopted me when I was ten, that's a lot of birthdays. It's eleven, which I guess isn't a lot compared to most fathers and sons but I like to think I helped make your past eleven birthdays fun.

 

You've always been the best dad possible. You gave me love, a house, food, toys, computers, education, and a little brother. I try really hard to be a son you deserve. I'm sorry that I never was the best student in school, or that I haven't even taken the university entrance exam, or I never had a job before. I'm sorry that my Korean still isn't perfect.

 

I love you Dad. You're the best and thank you for everything you've ever done for me. When you first adopted me, I didn't know what I did to deserve someone so nice adopt me as their son. To this day, I still don't know but I'm thankful.

 

Love,

Your first born.

 

Jinyoung felt Jaebum wipe away the tears he didn't realize were coming down. Jaebum kissed his cheek. “Go on now to Jackson's. It should make you laugh.”

 

Jinyoung opened Jackson's envelope.

 

MOM,

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOM EVER. BEST DAD TOO. BEST PARENT FIGURE.

I know that we've haven't even spent a month together but I can't imagine you not being in my life. I can't imagine not seeing your psychology books around the house or the sound of you swearing at the TV while you play video games. You've become an integral part of my life.

 

You have so much aegyo, I can't believe you're a dad of two (well, five now) and a psychology professor. You're funny in a subtle way. When someone gets to know you, you become one of the funniest people I've ever seen in my life.

 

Thank you for marrying my Dad. Actually, I should thank my Dad for marrying you, because you're one of the best things that ever happened to this family.

 

Love,

Your Wild and y Son

 

P.S, I think your spiked necklaces and bracelets were a thousand times cooler than anything my Dad ever wore in life.

 

Jinyoung laughed and Jaebum rolled his eyes. Jinyoung reached for Youngjae's card.

 

Dear Dad(I don't think me and Mark-hyung will ever get used to calling you Mom so casually),

 

You've always been my angel. From the moment you appeared at the orphanage, you seemed like an angel. You are an angel. I didn't think I would ever get adopted regardless of my age and every year that passed I got older and realized how true my predication was going to be. Yet you appeared and I wanted you to adopt me. I never wanted any of the visitors to adopt me as much as I wanted you. I could sense you were different but I didn't get my hopes up too high.


But you did adopt me. That was the happiest day of my life. You took me from Mokpo and brought me to Seoul. I remember getting out of the taxi and seeing our old house with the yard, with it's flowers and cut grass. On the doorstep there was my Grandma and Grandpa that had come to take care of Mark-hyung while you were gone, and of course Mark-hyung himself. I thought to myself 'Ah, this is a real family. A grandmother, a grandfather, a father, and a brother.'

 

Now our family has grown. I went from being the maknae to being the third oldest. I went from having one dad to having two. I even had to switch houses and leave behind the house that introduced me to the idea of what a family was but I never hated any of the changes. You don't do stupid things (well, there is that time you got drunk and asked us to call you Mom, and all those times you waited outside a store for a video game, and that time you ran off to Europe to get married to a movie director) so I knew that whatever changes you made to our lives they were going to be good ones.

 

Happy birthday, Dad. I hope we get to spend your birthday together every year.

 

Love,

Your Youngest.

 

Jinyoung smiled at Youngjae's letter. His face quickly turned into a frown. “I just realized. Today's Monday. Youngjae, BamBam, and Yugyeom have school. How are they going mini-golfing with Mark and Jackson?”
 

Jaebum quickly handed Jinyoung, BamBam's letter. “Don't worry about it Mine. Just read the last two letters. The kids are under control.”

Dear Mom,

 

Happy birthday! It must be strange having such different birthday from the one you had last year. I hope you have fun on your birthday though. We left the house for a reason ;)

 

When I saw you at the airport, I was confused and thought it was some joke that Dad had pulled. I didn't know what my Dad had in common with an academic psychologist even if they were friends in high school.

 

It turns out that you two are the perfect match. Shame on you both for not realizing it sooner! You make my Dad so happy. And you make me and Jackson-hyung and Yugyeom happy.

 

Even though you're an academic psychologist, you still manage to have fun. It's fun that's only had on weekends or after homework's been done and you studied. I love hearing you play video games because it's something I would have never except. You can be mischievous too. Not to the extent of me, but you have your tricks. You're an aegyo king and I hope that since I am your son, you will be teach me.

 

Also, I can't forget about the mini-van. I actually suggested we get you a new car for your birthday but then I changed my mind. The mini-van is a part of our family now. If the mini-van was gone, I would miss the mini-van.

 

Love,

Your cute son

 

 

“Is it bad how happy I am that BamBam is finally coming to terms with the mini-van?” Jinyoung asked as he set aside the letter, to open Yugyeom's.

 

Dear Jinyoung-mom,

 

I have a bit of an excess of moms but out of all the moms that I have, you're the most mom-like. You're so caring to all of us, you took in me, and BamBam-hyung, and Jackson-hyung so quickly, as if you had known us all your life.

 

We're very thankful for that. I'm sorry that we're messier than you're used to. I know being a perfectionist and dealing with three step-children like us must be very hard. I would also like to apologize on behalf of my hyungs for being crazier than anything you ever encountered. We're very happy that we have you, Youngjae-hyung and Mark-hyung to balance us out.

 

Thank you for helping me with my homework when I don't understand it. I never had that before, you're a really good teacher and I'm doing better right now in school than I have my whole life.

 

Even though you're a man, you really do make such a perfect, caring, maternal figure. Happy birthday.

 

Love,

Your tall maknae

 

Jinyoung set all the letters in a neat pile on the floor. He also placed the now empty platter on the floor. “All the letters were so nice. I can't believe the kids would do that all for me.”

 

“You deserve it.” Jaebum took the cake and leaned over Jinyoung to place it on the platter.


“What are you doing with the cake? We need to eat that.”

 

“You're going to eat cake this early? Has turning a year older made you more adventurous?” Jaebum said.

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes. “The kids will get angry. Do you have your own letter to give to me?”

 

Jaebum pulled Jinyoung into him and hugged him, his hand running down Jinyoung's back. “No but I can say that I'm glad we're spending your birthday together again. After high school, I didn't think we ever would. I'm even happier that we're spending it as a married couple. You're such a great guy Jinyoung. You're so perfect, even the bad things about you don't matter that much. I wish I could say something other than cliches but I guess that's why I'm a director and not a screenwriter. Why didn't I confess how I felt about you back in high school?”

 

“Because then we don't know if you would have gone on to drop out of university and become the best director in Korea. I don't know if I would have gotten where I am in the world of academic psychology if we had gotten together earlier. Most importantly, we definitely wouldn't have the kids. And as much as I love being married to you, our kids definitely make things better.”

 

“Maybe it was destiny. Separating us until we were ready to meet again.” Jaebum brushed his nose against Jinyoung's.

 

“You really do only know how to say cliches.” Jinyoung said.

 

“I really am happy to be married to you. I want to make sure everyone of your birthdays are memorable. I married you because I wanted to make sure you got the world.”

 

“Are you sure it wasn't for my chubby ?”

 

“That helped too.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the double update/belated birthday chapter for Jinyoung. Also some cute JJ Project fluff beause even though this is a familly/domestic au, you can't forget about the parents, especially if they're a newlywed couple that haven't seen each other for ten years.

Here is the link to the birthday song JB made Jr way back in the JJ Project days that still causes me to get emotional thinking about it.

<3 Smooches <3