BamBam's All Grown Up

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

Most important family conversations were held at the dinner table. Jinyoung had even edited a series of texts about the importance of having the family eat at least one meal together a day. Dinner was universally the most common meal to have the whole entire family together. He always raised Mark and Youngjae not to eat until everyone was seated and settled at the table. He always tried to ask about what they had learned in school today or how their lives were (for the record most of the conversation when both Youngjae and Mark were in school was Mark not being able to recall any piece of information while Youngjae whipped out another thick stack of papers all marked with 100's) Jinyoung even knew for a fact that Jaebum did the same with BamBam, Jackson, and Yugyeom (for the record, most of the time it was the four of them eating ramen and fishcakes in front of the TV while trying to find a show to watch) and so Jinyoung always viewed dinner time talks as something pleasant and nice to look forward to. Of course, nothing ever goes entirely right for the Im-Park family.

 

BamBam had come to the dinner table dressed in a blazer and Jinyoung should have taken that as the first sign something was off. BamBam had seemed to go pass his blazer phase although it seemed like every time he went shopping, in one of the bags there was bound to be something that looked like a blazer, but since no one saw him wearing it or buying one, they couldn't blame him. The blazer was white and did make BamBam otherwise plain outfit of dark jeans and a plaid shirt stand out. In a weird way it made the outfit seem more professional. Jinyoung didn't know if his eyes were playing tricks on him, but BamBam almost looked like an adult.

 

After everyone was near done eating the salad that Mark had brought from the noona he met at the park with the cute dog's restaurant for an appetizer, BamBam stood up and cleared his throat. “Everyone, I have an announcement to make.”

 

Jaebum threw his napkin on the plate and groaned. “Jackson's baby isn't even born yet and you're already making me a grandfather for the second time?”

 

“Why does everyone in this family always assume that we got a girl pregnant!” BamBam was indignant.

 

“Because Jackson already did.” Jaebum said.

 

“That was only once!” Jackson said.

 

“Jackson,” Jaebum began. “It only takes one pregnancy for you to be a dad!”

 

“I didn't get a girl pregnant! Let me finish.” BamBam said. “I wanted you all to know that I figured out what I'm going to do with my life.”

 

Mark and Jackson stood up from the table. “BamBam! How could you do that to us?” Mark asked.


“Do you have any idea how this affects me and Mark-hyung?” Jackson asked. It had to be serious for him to add the hyung in, BamBam noted.

 

“What's the big deal?” BamBam asked.

 

“The big deal,” Jackson explained. “is that everyone in this family knows what they're doing with their life except for me and Mark. You were supposed to be the younger version of us. Now that you have a life plan, what are we going to do when Yugyeom is out in the world being the prince of a country and Youngjae is being some famous pianist married to the head surgeon of a hospital?”

 

“I can't believe BamBam has a life plan.” Jaebum whispered to Jinyoung.

 

“I knew it since the day he came home with his first blazer.” Jinyoung whispered back.

 

“BamBam, what do you want to do with your life?” Jaebum asked.


“I've always liked cooking and I kept practicing and I think I'm getting better at it. I want to be a chef.”

 

“You could work at noona's restaurant.” Mark suggested, putting aside his anger for a moment.

 

“Thank you but I want to work at a restaurant that wants me for me, or even open my own restaurant. I've been thinking about this a lot.” BamBam said finally sitting back down again.

 

“Mark, I want you to know that this doesn't mean that I expect you to know what you want to do with your life.” Jinyoung said. “You can take however long you need to decide.”

 

Mark smiled. “Thanks Dad-Mom.”

 

Jackson smiled brightly at Jaebum waiting for his response. “Do you have anything to say to me?”

 

Jaebum put more salad onto his plate and Jackson stopped smiling.

 

“Mark, you don't have to worry about anything because I'll be more than glad to have you at my company!” JYP said coming into the house.

 

Youngjae quietly got up and into the kitchen to grab another plate.
 

“Uncle JYP, how did you even get here?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“I knew I heard someone whispering.” Yugyeom said quietly to himself.

 

JYP sat down at the table. “Mark, I know that you're getting a bit too old to go through the training process to become an idol and by the time you debut you'll be way older compared to a lot of the other rookie groups but we can have you do anything you want at the company. Even if it's just answering the phone.”

 

“Are you really going to marry a head surgeon?” JYP asked as Youngjae placed the plate in front of him

 

“I mean, since I am going to be studying a form of therapy I'll have to run into other medical students at one point, so there is a chance that I'll meet a surgery student.”

 

“No.” JYP said firmly. “I've always pictured you getting married to an assassin for hire. But you don't know she's one until you've fallen in love with her but then at that point you don't care anymore.”

 

Youngjae paused and looked as if he were taking what JYP had into serious consideration.

 

Jaebum looked directly at Jackson. “I never thought I'd say this but how's Shinyoung's pregnancy going? It's getting close to her due date. Does she have everything ready? Does she want us to come over and help with the nursery or anything? Have I told you yet how happy I am to be a grandfather?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY ONE YEAR OF I GOT YOURS MINES AND OURS. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS STORY IS ALREADY A YEAR OLD.

I had a special chapter planned for the anniversary but I didn't finish it in time and this chapter was already complete and I wanted to post something today and this is it.

I started this fanfiction because there was literally no domestic fanfiction and very little JJ Project couple fanfiction. Now there's more of both but there can always be more right ;)

BUT I'M SO THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE UPVOTES, SUBSCRIPTIONS, AND COMMENTS. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME AND I AM SO HAPPY THAT ALL OF YOU LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH. I HOPE THAT FEW CHAPTERS WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY AND THAT YOU'LL ALWAYS LOVE THIS STORY.

<3 Smooches <3