High School Memories

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

Jaebum come home from work one day to find Jinyoung at the kitchen table pouring over albums. “What are you doing here?” Jaebum asked, giving Jinyoung's cheek a kiss before opening the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water. He brought it along with him and sat at the table. “Aren't you suppose to be out with Kibum-hyung?”

 

“I am but I didn't feel like going into hanbok store after hanbok store helping him choose hanboks to send to his granddaughter and her mom. I didn't know Switzerland had many events that called for hanbok. There's no way Heidi needs that many hanboks.” Jinyoung sounded exhausted just re-telling his tale. “So I lied and said that something came up at the university.”

 

“Is Heidi his granddaughter's name or the mom's name?”

 

“I still don't know.”

 

“Then who went with Kibum-hyung? Jinki-hyung was on TV today telling me to dress in layers, so it couldn't have been him. Did he go alone?”

 

“No, Kyungsoo-hyung went with him. I didn't know Kyungsoo-hyung was the type that liked shopping.”

 

“Kyungsoo-hyung is the type that likes to spend time away from his husband and children. It doesn't surprise me that he went along.”

 

“Does that mean the rumours about Kyungsoo-hyung marrying Joonmyeon-hyung for his money were true?” Jinyoung gasped.

 

“You heard about those rumours too? I thought only the celebrity and rich circles knew about it!”

 

“It was all over Korea, Asia even! We figured that the celebrities and rich people knew the truth. I remember, I was at university in a faculty meeting and I had run into an English professor and he had one of the foreign newspapers and there on the headline was 'Do Kyungsoo, Gay Golddigger'. Even the foreigners in Seoul knew about it.”

 

“It does make sen- look at us Mine. We're gossiping. This is the kind of thing Yugyeom and BamBam do. What were you looking at when I came in?”

 

“My old photo albums. I grabbed some of yours too. It's so weird to see pictures of us in high school and realize that we had no idea we would marry each other.” Jinyoung pushed the photo album to the center of the table so Jaebum could get a better look at it.

 

“My hair in high school was amazing, wasn't it? It was the best part of school.” Jaebum said with a fond smile flipping a page.

 

“What about my spiked hair? Sometimes when I feel like spiking my hair I get depressed knowing it will never be like what it was in high school. Do you ever think about going back to your old hair? You don't have to bleach it but making your bangs different colours?”

 

“I used to think about it. But it would look weird now. I have three kids, well five now, and I can't do things like that anymore. I made sure to teach BamBam everything I know though. And I made BamBam promise that when he has kids, he would teach his kids the same way of dying the tips of their bangs.”

 

Jinyoung laughed. “This is usually the point when all of the kids will come running in or magically appear out of nowhere and begin to yell at us. This is the first time the house has been so quiet, since forever.”

 

Jaebum scooted his chair over to Jinyoung. “We should use this time wisely. We don't know when they'll be back. We should probably hurry.”

 

Jinyoung let his hand run up Jaebum's arm. “I guess you do have a point.”

 

The door opened with a wide swing and BamBam's voice rang out through the house. “Hey guys, what's up!” he let out a scream as he entered the kitchen. “Oh my God! My eyes, my eyes they need bleach!”

 

The rest of the family filtered through the kitchen, Jaebum and Jinyoung had since moved away from each other, both staring off into space looking pissed.

 

“Calm down, BamBam it wasn't even that bad.” Jackson said with an eye-roll. He spotted the albums laying on the table. “Are those your old high school pictures? What did you guys look like?” All of the children ran over to look at the albums.

 

“Dad, what was up with your hair? Now I see where BamBam gets it from.” Youngjae said to Jaebum.

 

“What about Mom? That was some serious hair-gel and why all the spiky bracelets?” Yugyeom teased Jinyoung.

 

“The spiky bracelets were my trademark. That's how everyone in my high school and Caramel Macchiato's high school knew me.” Jinyoung was a tad bit too overprotective when he talked about his bracelets.

 

“Can we talk about the way you two looked at each other? How did you two wait until now to get together?” Jackson asked, stopping at a particular picture of Jaebum and Jinyoung looking at each other face-on.

 

“I didn't realize the feelings that I felt for Mine were romantic. I thought he was the world's greatest friend and really handsome.”

 

“What's this?” BamBam pointed to what looked like lyrics written on one of Jinyoung's albums.

 

“That's the Happy Birthday song I wrote for Jinyoung.” Jaebum said. He didn't seem embarrass and wasn't blushing.

 

“And you didn't realize you were in love with him?”BamBam asked. “No wonder you never finished university. You can't even see what's right in front of you.”

 

Jinyoung laughed and Jaebum pouted at him. “What's important is that we're together now and that Jinyoung liked the song. He was very touched by it.”

 

“These outfits though. Everyone else in both of the schools are dressed normally. Maybe this is the first sign that you two were made for each other.” Mark flipped through the album pages in disbelief.

 

“We dressed perfectly fine. Spiky accessories got me through high school.” Jinyoung said holding one of his albums possessively.

 

“That's when I first started hanging chains off my pants.” Jaebum lightly caressed a full body picture of his. “It was love at first chain.”

 

“My was so chubby in high school. And for the beginning of university. What happened to me?” Jinyoung said sadly as they came across a picture of him from the back.

 

“Why is there a picture of your back view?” Yugyeom asked.

Jaebum turned red and coughed. “I may have taken that picture. For my own reasons.” he turned to Jinyoung. “And don't worry, your is still as chubby as it was in high school.”

 

“BamBam, didn't we need to get you a library card?” Mark said pushing all of his younger siblings out the door as Jinyoung and Jaebum stared at each other, a bit too intently.

 

“What would I need a library card for? No one else has them.” BamBam said as he was pushed out the door. “Literally no one. Or at least Jackson-hyung and Yugyeom.”

 

Youngjae and Mark stared at each other wondering how it was possible. “Don't worry,” Youngjae said. “The library even has books in English.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was going to be a much longer chapter about Jinyoung for his (belated) birthday but I decided to make them into two. I'll probably have the other one up later today since I just need to edit it.

<3 Smooches <3