Graduation Day

I Got Yours, Mine, and Ours

Yugyeom was graduating high school and Jaebum didn't want to admit how sad that made him. Jaebum didn't feel old, because he knew that he had kids relatively young, but he was sad that his youngest was officially all grown up. It felt like yesterday he and Minrin were sitting at a bar talking about how much he wanted another baby and how Minrin wanted to see what it would be like to be pregnant. And now Minrin (and her wife) were flying to come see Yugyeom graduate.

 

Of course, not everyone could make it. BamBam had already purchased plane tickets to go to Thailand and Jackson was in China at a fencing competition. Shinyoung, who everyone presumed was going to come, was going down to Daegu to take Joseph to her parents. Yugyeom was a bit sad about it all but his excitement about graduating overshadowed most of it.

 

Yugyeom had to be at school early to prepare so the family dropped him off and made their way to the airport to get Minrin and her wife. When they got there, the airport was packed. Paparazzi and citizens all wanted to get a glimpse of the two queens and Minrin coming alone to Korea required more bodyguards than anyone could wrap their heads around, with the actual birthright Queen coming as well, it was insanity.

 

“I wish one of them could be as tall as Yugyeom or even taller. I can't see them if they both have average heights.” Jinyoung said. “There's too many people, I can't even spot a bodyguard.”

 

“I'm sure they'll find us. If all else fails, I'm sure we'll be able to hear Minrin's voice.” Jaebum said.

The bodyguards were all spread out, it wouldn't even be possible to go up and ask one where the queens were.

 

“I think I see the Queen.” Youngjae said. He made a waving motion and soon Minrin's voice broke out through the airport.

 

“Oh my God! Youngjae! We'll be right over.” Minrin waved back and soon began talking in the kingdom's native language. A gaggle of bodyguards came over and made a small space for the family to see Minrin and her wife dressed in comfortable clothing. Minrin pulled everyone into a hug while her wife just smiled.

 

“I thought the kingdom would have put you two on a private plane.” Jinyoung said.

 

“We were but 'Cinda likes going to commercial airports. Airport layouts are a hobby of hers.” Minrin sighed.

 

'Cinda spoke in a quiet and careful Korean. “When you say like that, you make sound weird.”

 

Jaebum was impressed. It wasn't perfect by any means but the Queen had been practicing.

 

Mark and Youngjae began to bow to 'Cinda but she stopped them. “No need. We are all part of family.” 'Cinda gave them both very long handshakes with a friendly gleam in her eyes. It wasn't a hug but Mark and Youngjae both guessed that 'Cinda wasn't the hugging type, no matter who you were.

 

“Half of the bodyguards are going to our hotel to drop our luggage there and the rest will come with us in the car behind you guys.” Minrin said. “I still can't believe Yugyeom is graduating high school. It feels like yesterday I was in Saudi Arabia spending every morning taking pregnancy tests in the hotel.”

 

“Why Saudi Arabia?” Youngjae asked.

 

“Because that's where Yugyeom was conceived. And even partially raised because of when we went back to Saudi Arabia to film the sequel to the drama that we were originally filming when we had conceived Yugyeom.” Minrin explained.

 

“I never knew that. It's kinda of how like Mark is half-Brazilian and half-Paraguayan.” Jinyoung said.

 

“You're half-Brazilian and half-Paraguayan? I thought you were adopted from Los Angeles.” Jaebum said.

 

“I was. That doesn't mean I spent my whole life there. When Dad adopted me I was still struggling to learn English.” Mark said with a shrug, not really caring about the details that he had left out about his past.

 

“I feel like I'll never stop learning something new about this family.” Jaebum said.

 

*******

 

By the time that got to Yugyeom's high school Minrin and 'Cinda had changed into much more formal clothing. 'Cinda was wearing the royal outfit of the Kingdom and there had to be a rule of broken physics to explain how she managed to change into a dress that long in the backseat of a car. Of course, their makeup managed to outshine whatever outfit they were wearing because Minrin kept her skill set sharper than her contour.

 

Jaebum waved them over. They had gotten the best seats in the audience and everyone stepped out of their way, staring in shock. It also wasn't like they had much of a choice to get out of the way with bodyguards surrounding them. As soon as Minrin set down she pulled out a giant camera and began to snap away.

 

“Yugyeom hasn't appeared yet.” Jinyoung said leaning over Jaebum's lap to whisper at her.

 

“I know. But I need to take as many photos as possible to send to his potential wives. I didn't want to tell him this until after he was graduated in case this ruined his high school memories for him but one of his potential wives had to be removed from the list.” Minrin said.


“I don't think Yugyeom would really care either way. He's been really, really excited about getting out of high school.” Jaebum said.


“I know but what if Cady from the British Royal Family was his choice? And now after graduating high school he has to find out that she eloped with the son of some actor? It'll break his heart.” Minrin had a sad expression on.

 

“Honestly, I don't think he cares at all.” Jaebum said. “He really hasn't been giving this choose-a-wife thing seriously yet.”

 

'Cinda spoke up in her Korean. “Don't call her Cady. It's The Most Honourable Cady. When she gets older it'll be Baroness Cady.”

 

“And I'll still be a queen. As a queen do you really expect me to call a girl who's only two years older than my son, nobility from a different country, and the lowest ranking noble title at that by her official name?”

 

After that it was one of Minrin's classic tangents. But instead of looking for a loophole out like literally anyone else on the planet would be doing, 'Cinda had a smile that kept growing bigger by the second. She loved hearing Minrin going on and on and on and on and on about a never ending parade of topics.

 

“And to think there were people that thought I had romantic feelings for Minrin. That thought I was staring at her the same way 'Cinda is doing right now.” Jaebum said, shaking his head.

 

“At least I have no doubt in my mind that 'Cinda is the only one that could get Minrin out of her trance and paying attention to the ceremony.” Jinyoung said.

 

Youngjae was sitting quietly when he heard someone sit down next to him. It was Jongmin, dressed the most formal he had ever seen him, with dark jeans and a blazer of all things. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I came to see Yugyeom graduate.” Jongmin said. He even had a pamphlet in his hand.

 

“But why? BamBam is in Thailand.”

 

Jongmin turned a little red. “I know. I just wanted to come anyway. Yugyeom is a really sweet kid. From what BamBam told me, he's worked hard at school.”


Mark had by then become aware of Jongmin's presence and tugged at Jaebum's sleeve.

 

“What is it-”Jaebum stopped when he saw Jongmin. “Jongmin? Did BamBam not tell you that he was in Thailand?”

 

“No, he did tell me that he was going to be out of the country. I just wanted to come anyway. I can leave if it's a problem.”

 

Jaebum stared at Jongmin for a while before speaking. “It's no problem. Mine told me it's good for the students to see as much of their entire family as possible when graduating.” Jaebum stretched out his hand and shook Jongmin's.

 

Jongmin gave a huge smile. “Um-yeah-I-totally, I'm glad you're OK with it because I brought a few friends.” Behind him settling into the chairs were Angel, the noona Mark met at the park with the cute dog, and Shinyoung with Joseph in her arms.

 

“Shinyoung-noona? Aren't you supposed to be in Daegu?” Mark asked.

 

“I am but I take Joseph to see my parents a lot and leaving tomorrow isn't going to change anything. Plus, I have family in Seoul that I need to spend time with.”

 

“Angel? Noona? Don't you two have work?” Youngjae asked.

 

Noona laughed. “I hope all of my employees can handle the restaurant for a little bit without me. And as manager, I set a rule that family related events get top choice for days off and I get first choice anyway. I'm setting a good example.” Noona winked.

 

“It's my day off and I can't think of a better way to spend a day off than to see someone accomplish something so great.” Angel said.

 

Jinyoung was glowing. “Isn't this just wonderful? If BamBam and Jackson were here, we would literally have every single family member in attendance. I bet none of the other kids even come close to how many members we brought. Yugyeom is going to be so happy to see all of you.”

 

Minrin waved to them. “Hi! I'm really sorry we can't meet properly right now. After the ceremony though, I look forward to talking to you.” 'Cinda waved silently beside her.

 

“Minrin, what are you taking photos of now?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Yugyeom's potential future Swedish wife graduates high school this year as well. I'm sending these to the King and Queen so they can have them to compare. If Yugyeom chooses her early on enough, I'm sure there would be no problem for him to attend her graduation ceremony in June.” Minrin continued on snapping.

 

“That's surprisingly sweet in a way.” Jinyoung said. “Is the potential future Swedish wife a good student by any chance?”

 

“From what they tell me, yes. But they always embellish it just a little bit. I do know that her hobby is working out. She and Yugyeom would look quite cute together.” Minrin said continuing to take pictures.

Jinyoung racked his brain for a memory of what the Swedish bride looked like. He had a vague remembrance of her having blonde hair but he didn't want to rely on stereotypes. Either way if Minrin who used to make her living in the beauty industry said they would look good together than they really must.

 

Eventually it was Yugyeom's turn to get the diploma and the expression on his face when he saw everyone that had come to support him was hilarious. And then he gave a genuine smile and it became cute. He was really lucky to have the family that he did.

 

Once the students were allowed to go to their families, Jaebum and Minrin pulled Yugyeom into a hug straight away.

 

“I'm so proud of you. I still remember holding you in my arms for the first time.” Minrin said. She smelled like vanilla and powdery perfume and Yugyeom felt like he was a little kid again.

 

“Finally I have one son that managed to graduate with grades that classify as passing and not getting by.” Jaebum said. Yugyeom smiled. It felt nice to be in a hug between his mother and father and to never ever have to go to high school again.

 

The hug was soon separated by the principal letting them know that there was going to be a photoshoot of the students with their parents. Jaebum called out to Jinyoung. “Mine! Did you hear the principal we have to go do a photoshoot.”

 

“'Cinda! You need to come here too! Don't pretend like your Korean isn't advance enough or the fact that you have superhuman hearing! Take a few pictures and then we'll take a plane all the way to Jeju so you can see their airport layout.”

 

'Cinda and Jinyoung were standing side by side when they got called over by their respective spouses. “We should go.” 'Cinda said.

 

“Wait a second.” Jinyoung said pulling her arm gently before 'Cinda could march ahead. “It's for parents.”


“I think my wife and your husband saying we are parents. Yugyeom has two mums and two dads.”

 

Jinyoung paused for a moment before letting a grin settle on his face. “You're right. He does. 'Cinda do you happen to like movies?”

 

'Cinda nodded. “I like horror movies. But ones that you paranoid. No violence just your own mind.”

 

“Psychological thrillers?”

 

'Cinda seemed pleased with this answer.

 

“Before you leave for Jeju we should have step parent bonding.”

 

Jinyoung stood next to Jaebum and 'Cinda took her place next to Minrin. Jaebum had his hand on Yugyeom's right shoulder and Minrin had her's on Yugyeom's left. They all smiled as the camera went off. The photographer handed them a picture.

 

“Not to brag but this photo shows the reason why we're all celebrities.” Minrin said.

 

“What are you saying? I was born into my fame and Jinyoung still teaches university. The only celebrities here are you and Jaebum. Both of which had behind the scene jobs. Yugyeom graduated high school half an hour ago. We cannot say anything yet.” 'Cinda spoke.

 

“I have never seen anyone shut down my mom like that.” Yugyeom said.

 

“'Cinda, I really have to thank you for marrying Minrin. I can't think of anyone else that was better suited for the job.”

 

“No, it is I that should be thankful to be married to a woman like Minrin.”

 

Minrin stuck her tongue out at Jaebum as a sign of victory.

 

Once Yugyeom got away from his parents he found Jongmin. “Hey, thanks for coming and bringing everybody.”

 

“It's not a problem. I'm sorry if we embarrassed you.”

 

Yugyeom shook his head. “You didn't. It was nice of you to bring the whole family here.”

 

“So I'm officially a part of the family now?”

 

“Watch your luck New York. If you break BamBam-hyung's heart, I break your neck.”

 

“I can never win, can I?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was supposed to be up earlier but there was some tech problems. Also I orginally had only wanted to have Jongmin attend but then I decided it would be better if it was just one big family affair.

ON SLIGHTLY UNRELATED OUTDATED NEWS: James McAvoy and Anne-Marie Duff are getting a divorce and I'm still upset because Shameless (UK) is one of my fave shows and Stevie and Fiona are literally the inspiration for Taemin and his wife.

<3 Smooches <3