SIX: FIRST TIME IN COUNCIL ROOM

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

 

 

The council consisted of  many elite students who were carefully picked by the student body to help run the council and school activities. In order to pull off a memorable celebration for the 70th School's Anniversary, everyone spent their 100% effort. However, the atmosphere in the council room was a bit unusual, the noisy room became quieter, everyone talked carefully and softly. It seemed like they were scared of starting a world war.

Who was the mastermind? It was the guy wearing spectacles who was doing his homework beside the respectable President Jung.

"President Jung, this is the application form from Year 2 class 6 regarding the performance for the celebration." Nana passed a form to her idol, she brushed past Kris with a grossed out expression, as if just one more look at him will make her blind.

When the admirable, elegant, gorgeous president reads an application form, even the scene will be perfect. Yet the scene was ruined by that nerdy boy beside her. It was just like having a fly on a Mona Lisa's painting and the angriest thing was that the fly used his homework questions as an excuse to disrupt her idol's work.  President Jung was too kind that she got used by evil people.

Jessica saw her expression and silently laughed. "You can go do your work, I'll keep this." It's not that she couldn't sense the unusual atmosphere but she liked the quiet environment. Looks like it was a right move to get Kris here to do his homework. If everybody concentrated on their work, she would be happier.

Kris seemed to enjoy too. He would sometimes used simple questions to disupt her work and treated the angry gazes by people as a form of satisfaction, like he was purposely trying to be hated by them. It made her confused as to what Kris was thinking. Who in the right mind would want to be hated?

She brought her curiosity and would sometimes mention about him to others. Furthermore he was slowly becoming a conversation topics to others, it made Jessica understand things that she didn't knew about Kris. 

He never mentions his family, he never takes part in school activities, he hardly talks to people, he has no friends, he's forever letting that fringe down. He was Kris, the guy with zero existence.

The more she knew about him, the more she wanted to know about him. Regardless of gender, anyone would want to be seen as handsome or gorgeous by everyone. Yet this guy was different, he actually had a pop-star look but he always hid it. If he didn't hide his looks on purpose, then the only explanation was that his definition of handsome was a unique definition.

"What does this sentence means?" Kris held the textbook in front of her and "humbly" asked.

Jessica looked at him andnaturally saw that mischievous look in his eyes since they had a close distance. His personality was definitely like those people that you feel like whacking, she could guess how much daggers he had behind those eyes.

"If I remember correctly, the holiday homework doesn't have this," she stuffed the book back into her hand, she was lazy to play along.

"Won't the great President Jung help a student that wants to learn?" He purposely said softly.

Jessica raised her eyebrows and was sure that the guy was teasing her but if he thinks that his actions would make her lose control then he was definitely wrong . She used the same tone and replied, "Only if the student really wants to."

Kris laughed and sat back down without words.

Jessica definitely wouldn't be so stupid to think that he would be tamed by looking at his suspicious bright smile. She was even thinking whether she had revived that mischievous personality of his. It wasn't that bad if there was some challenges by him while doing her dull work, but she hoped that it wouldn't cross the line.

"Beloved President Jung, do you have time?" the familiar voice purposely lowered his tone to show the tinge of unhappiness he had.

"Kai?!" Jessica was shocked by his presence. He always felt that the council room had a gloomy and dark atmosphere and always refused to step in.

Kai didn't laugh, had no intention to laugh and let out a "heh", "What an honour, you still remember my name."

Jessica frowned slightly and read between the lines. He was angry, why? Did she forget anything? Come to think of it, she realised she did. "Mianhe, I forgot. Is it okay to go now?" She showed an apologetic face.

She had promised to cheer the squash members on before their competition but because of being too busy for the celebration, she threw the matter to the back of her mind. She calculated and realised that the competition was the next day. No wonder Kai would step into the taboo place of his. 

"That's more like it." Kai's stiff expression disappeared and the bright and cheerful boy revived.

Jessica packed the stuff on her table, looked at Kris who was buying his head in his homework and said, "We'll end here, you can go off first." If she left him alone there, she would be worried, who knows what else he would do?

"Okay." Kris replied without lifting his head.

Jessica and Kai then walked out of the council room.

"Yah. It's Kai! The triumph card of our Squash Team. They are a match made in heaven, unlike some toad trying to achieve something he can never have." Nana was fangirling over her ship, not forgetting to insult the toadboy she didn't like.

'Toady' Kris's reply was to carry his bag, and walk off. Maybe, just maybe, under that chestnut coloured eyes were actually covered by dark clouds.

Could it be because of… Kai?