NINETEEN: IT'S A DATE

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

We all have our own definition of a date. In Jessica's case, it was like in TV dramas - Having a dinner, shopping or watching a movie. It basically served as an opportunity for a couple that has no daily interactions to bond. Jessica didn't feel that they weren't interacting much in class. Don't they see each other everyday?

She was dragged by Kris to the subway station to earn money during the school celebration… She appreciated Kris for living independently but was that really a date? She did nothing except for seeing a group of girls drooling; they looked like they couldn't wait to pounce on him and strip off his clothes. Are girls in the modern society that desperate?

Occasionally, she wondered if Kris brought her there on purpose; or did he really thought that she was someone who wasn't easily jealous and didn't care? Come on, she was still an average girl!

Hence, when Kris asked her out on the weekend, her immediate reaction was a "NO." She knew that Kris would be persistent about asking her out but she didn't expect him to travel all the way to her house.

"I'm already downstairs, come down quick, let's go out." He talked on the phone while waving towards her balcony which her omma happens to see. Initially, she was taken aback despite that, Jessica got 'thrown' out of the house in the end when her mother sneakily smiled.

Was her omma happy to see her dating? Although it was her first time seeing a guy picking up her daughter, but was there rally a need to chase her out of the house without asking her daughter any questions at all. "Never mind, I'll have my revenge on her the next time," Jessica thought as she saw that rare happy expression on omma's face.

"Are we going to the subway today again? I'm not going there." Jessica stated clearly to him before following him, she did it because Kris wasn't wearing his usual spectacles and styled his hair - she was afraid he would really bring him to 'work'.

"Nope, I'm bringing you to another place." Kris had a secretive smile. 

"Oh?" Jessica raised her eyebrows at him in an attempt to get an answer, but she knew he wouldn't reveal the place.

As expected, Kris only gave a big and bright smile before grabbing her hand.

Jessica sighed and could only follow him. The more time she spend with Kris, the more he was like a kid - Stubborn, weird, mischievous…All these negative qualities seemed to have dominated his personality. She really couldn't believe that he had zero existence in school (Well, before the celebration of course.) despite having that kind of personality. However, there were still times when she would feel that the current Kris isn't the 100% real Kris. There was still an area in his heart where Jessica couldn't enter, but she didn't plan to explore because her instinct told her that if she did, something major would definitely happen. She didn't want to lose him, well at least for now.

It wasn't that bad - walking with him hand in hand fulfilled her vain needs! Besides that, Jessica didn't need to check if there were people staring at Kris to know that he was attracting attention. He already had a great figure. Coupled with his leisure clothes, he attracted more attention than a model on a billboard. Furthermore, he had a good fashion sense - he was wearing a round neck striped top, that denim jeans fitted perfectly on him and he had sneakers on. Plain but stunning. If he had worn sunglasses, he would literally look like a model having a photoshopt.

They chatted along the way and Kris stopped walking when they were right in front of a park.

"It seems like it's really a date." Jessica thought as she looked at the 'Dandelion Park.' right in front; it made her a bit happy to believe that Kris wasn't joking, but she would be happier if it was a Cherry Blossom Park.

"Ka ja!" She wrapped her arm around his arm and gave him a smile. Kris instantly became happy once he witnessed that bright smile. Before he knew her personally, the smile that she gave to everyone seemed so…distant; it was completely different from the smile she had just gave Kris.

"I'm sorry but we aren't going to the Park." Kris said as they crossed the road.

"Eh? Not the park?" Jessica was a bit astonished. 

"Nope. It's the mansion across it. I want you to meet a friend of mine." Kris pointed to the modern looking mansion.


"Chingu?" Jessica looked at him weirdly. It was hard to imagine how he had friends based on how he acted in school. What kind of person would be able to enter his life and be accepted by  Kris? The thought of seeing that friend made the unhappiness of not visiting the park disappear from Jessica's mind immediately.