TWENTY FOUR: VISITING

Under the Cherry Blossom

"The address should be correct," Jessica creased her eyebrows and double checked the address on her notebook.

She found her destination, but she couldn't confirm if it was what she was looking for. What was right in front of her was a deluxe villa. It looked just like those in TV dramas.

Besides the super elegant European styled 3 stories, architecture, the gold gate in front of her was also worth a lot. She could see a pretty garden with a fountain and a pebbled path that directed people to the main house.

The whole environment gave off a rich vibe. Was it really Kris's house? If his parents were so rich, why would he go and gain a living fee? It seemed kinda impossible. Why would his parents allow him to do embarrassing stuffs?

She concluded that there was a problem with the address. Based on his personality, it was possible they he faked an address as an act of mischief…

When she wanted to leave, a gentle voice appeared from the back, "Are you looking for anyone?" 

Jessica turned and discovered a beautiful middle aged lady standing upright. She had a long black silky hair and was wearing a baby blue western dress which made her look mature and elegant. Her gaze was warm and she possessed an even warmer smile than Jessica, it made her approachable. At the same time, she was holding onto a leash of a gigantic hound. She once read a book about dogs and she happened to remember the species of the dog - It was a Siberian Husky. It was presumed that she chanced to be going home after walking her dog and happened to see her standing right in front of her house.

Jessica immediately apologized for blocking her route before the middle aged lady suddenly said excitedly, "You're Jessica Jung right?"

"Eh?" She said, shocked. She didn't know anyone that was so rich. Even if she was so popular in school, but it wasn't so serious such that a stranger would randomly call out her name.

Without waiting for her to come up with her own conclusion, an answer was already given.

"I went to your school during the celebration and watched your performance. Oh yeah, I heard you're the Council President! That's awesome." She said while taking hold of her hand and dragging her into the house. "You're here to see my stupid son right? That's good, I keep telling him to bring his friends home, but he refuses to listen."

Jessica was a bit blurred, but she didn't miss out the important sentence. 
That woman was actually a Kris's mother!

That rich and friendly lady was actually Kris's mother. Her imagination of Kris's mother was literally the opposite of what she was in reality. She thought that Kris also suffered in a poor environment like her…

That Pabo. He had such a comfortable environment, yet he still had to make a living foe, there wasn't even a need to earn his own money. What a naïve guy!

"Ah, Mrs Wu." Jessica finally found her conscious while sitting on the couch. You couldn't blame her for that slow response because she was in shock. 

"Have some tea," Mrs Wu placed a teacup in front of her while grinning.

"Thank you," Jessica said and browsed the palace-like living room. Paintings, statues, vases; every single one of them looked like they had the 'expensive' sticker on them.

Mrs Wu observed her guest from bottom to top and flashed a satisfied smile. She was already curious about their relationship the moment she saw their performance, now that the girl had come to his house personally, she could confirm her guess. 

"To think that my son has such a good taste this time round..." She thought.

"Miss Jung... Aigoo that sounds too distant, I'll call you Sica." Mrs Wu held her hand and the more she sees her, the more satisfied she was.

Jessica smiled and nodded back. From her observations, she sensed that Mrs Wu was very pure and friendly. It's weird to use the term 'pure' on a middle aged person, but that was precisely what she felt about her. No motives, no arrogance and was friendly. She couldn't deny that she liked her because she and her momma had similar vibes.

"Aunt, is Kris's condition serious?" Jessica didn't forget the reason why she came here.

However, Kris's omma was shocked and asked back, "Kris is sick?" 

"You don't know? He already applied for three days of sick leave," that was weird, how could a mother not know when her son is sick?

Kris's mum pondered, "I know he applied for leave, but I don't know the reason. He never tells me anything, that isolated kid." She couldn't help but to complain.

Jessica was speechless.

"She's quite awesome. She didn't even question him when her son applied for leave..." Jessica thought and secretly smiled.

"Is he at home?" The only way to get hold of the reason was through Kris himself. If she realized that he purely wanted to skip school, she will be real angry, real real angry, angry to the extent of not knowing what she would do. 

"Aigoo! How could I forget such an important matter, you're here to see Yifan right! Follow me." She grabbed her hand and brought Jessica up.

Jessica bitterly smiled, she didn't know how to reply to Kris's cute omma.

When they were on the second level, his mum stopped right in front of a door. She pointed to the door and said while smiling dubiously, "This is Yifan's room, go in!" 

Before Jessica could say anything, voices in his room caught their attention. It was a girl's voice.

"Andwae! How many times have I said that you have to write according to the scene in the script? Pabo!!" 

"Yah! Can you not be so fussy? I am helping you and I'm almost done."

It was Kris's voice but he sounded annoyed, as if he wanted to pick a fight with someone.

"Help me? Dude, you're earning all the money, why is your mouth so full of rubbish even after helping you to find work?"

"How do you expect me to write a song based on this cliché storyline?" It's 2014, how can there be such a stupid lead who refuses to move on even after being lied to?"

"Aren't you also one of the people that refuses to give up?" The woman's voice disappeared after finishing that sentence as if she realized that she said something wrong.

The room was silent.

"I'll go out first, you think about it," there was a tinge of guilt in her tone.

The door opened.

"You are?" The women curiously looked at the stranger in her house.

"I'm Jessica Jung, Kris Wu's classmate." Jessica politely said her name. Although she was speaking to the girl in front of her, her eyes were fixed on the guy in the room. Of course, when Kris heard her voice, his face instantly turned pale.

"She's here to visit Yifan," Mrs Wu's expression didn't seem good, she was glaring at her daughter, "Sica yah, this is Yifan's sister Taeyeon."

"Annyeong," Jessica smiled and greeted.

"Ah ha ha, y'all have a nice chat," Taeyeon attempted to sneak off but was caught by her omma.


"I would like to speak to you regarding Kris applying for sick leave. Come to my room. Sica yah, I'll leave you here, make yourself at home!" She said before dragging her daughter into her room.