THIRTY FIVE: DAMSEL IN DISTRESS

Under the Cherry Blossom

“Piece of cake,” Kris said as he tried to conceal his grin. However, he had no idea that his attempt was so futile that he looked like he was having a .

As Jessica noticed his weird expression, she couldn’t help but to laugh, “Just laugh if you want to. Your expression is scary.”

“No it isn’t,” Kris raised his eyebrows.

“Did you call your friend Suho to help?”

“Yes.”

“Why him though?” She asked.

Kris shrugged his shoulders.

“Because his father established this library. Who else can I look for?”

“What?” Jessica was taken aback.

“Their family was once made up of literature lovers and poets. That explains the amount of resources they have. They wanted to donate it to others initially, but decided to make it available to the world.”

“Daebak!” Jessica could feel the urge to meet Kris’s friend.

“Yah, can you stay focus when we are together?” Kris didn’t like to be forgotten by her and thrown off the edge and tried hard to gain back her attention. He couldn’t deny the fact that his friends were all outstanding people but… “Don’t you think I’m better than my friends?”

Surprisingly, Jessica did not mock him and nodded her head instead, “Yes, you’re the best.”

She smiled, she genuinely smiled. She had seen many outstanding people, but regardless of how outstanding they were, she had no interest in them. On the other hand, the child-like Kris made her flustered and emotional.

Based on that sole point, he was definitely the best. Furthermore, she had to admit (with guilt of course), his looks were ideal. Of course, she refused to tell him that because it was just too embarrassing.

Kris grabbed her wrist with his glistened eyes. He knew that meeting her made him the luckiest person in school.

Their prolonged eye contact was broken by a sudden disturbance from an alley.

“Please show some respect!”

“Acting classy? I guarantee you paychecks as long as you accompany me.” The man in a suit grabbed her long hair and was obviously admiring at her body in a despicable manner.

“I’m shouting for help if you don’t let go.” The lady did not struggled at all and looked very calm, yet that cold voice of her had a tinge of fear

“Shout then! I shall see how it goes.” The man said and grabbed her wrist.

However, his hand was in turn grabbed by someone else’s hand.

“Who’s being a busybody?” He turned towards the person.

“Bastard! (Author’s note: Of course, you can replace this word with another more vulgar word starting with f and ending with r, but let’s keep this fanfic at NC16 J )” Kris shouted as he punched the man and walked towards him, all ready to send him flying off.

“Hey, enough.” Jessica stopped him to prevent him from losing control. Furthermore, violence was never a solution.

She picked up the jacket that had fallen off from the man and took out his wallet.

“Oh Mr. Lee,” She said as she read the name card from his wallet, “I see you’re working as a senior manager at XXX company. That’s impressive.

“What do you want?!” He shouted with rage when his identity was revealed, yet had no courage to snatch his items back when he was no match for the teenager beside her.

Jessica giggled and exclaimed, “I think Mr. Lee is mistaken. It’s not what we want, it’s what YOU want. I understand that you’re interested in that lady, but why not start from buying her flowers? How can you impress her if you’re so rude?”

The man was not the only one confused with her attitude. Kris was confused as well.

“Yah.” Kris wanted to remind her that it wasn’t time for a ‘love strategy’ lesson, but swallowed his words when he was glared by her. He became smart and shut his mouth, allowing her to handle everything.

“Hurry up and return me my things!” The man did not know her motive, and wanted to escape, but understood that she had possession of his ID.

Jessica laughed harder and pressed her stomach as if she had heard the joke of the century, “Mr. Lee’s a funny guy. You really think you’re in the position to discuss you terms and conditions with us?”

“What exactly do you want?” He screamed. Nevertheless, her threatening tone prevented him from taking any actions and he could only let her control the situation.

Jessica slowly took out the items in his wallet, “ID, credit card, cheque, receipts, oh and a picture of your wife and children. I’m sorry; I had no intentions of digging through your personal items.” She took out the cash and threw the wallet back to the man.

“This amount of money isn’t enough to compensate for her emotional loss, but on account of our soft heartedness, we’ll accept it” She said as stuffed the money into the lady’s hand, before realizing that the lady was Lee Gayeon, the girl that Kris had been telling her about.

One of Jessica’s principles was to never make a losing business. Since she was in control of the situation, she would obviously take advantage of it and take his cash. There was no need for Kris to look like as if he had seen a ghost. Of course, besides feeling surprised at how she handled the situation, Kris also felt a sense of pride for his girlfriend.

She waved the name card and told the unlucky man while smiling, “Of course if we need anything else, we’ll know where to find you.”

“Just my luck!” The man picked up his items and sped off without having the courage to threaten Jessica.

“Moving on, Miss Gayeon, I’m sure you have something to tell us?
 Jessica said as she gazed at the long haired girl who was about to leave.